UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Q&A answers Discussion thread.

TBT!

I thoguht rather than fill the Q&A thread with cross talk about the answers to #1 we could share our thoughts and how we read between the lines in here.

Firstly I'd like to thank DST for answering so many questions at once. and giving us some of the best answers in ages!

Secondly the answer to my question about Comic mates was 'several are planned' - this screams summer exclusives to me...I bet we get a Thor/??? two pack for the summer conventions :D

T.

Good GAWD! This is so awesome ... FAST reply. Much faster AND more complete than I thought.

Here's my 2 cents: CHEEKY comments usually mean something.

"43) Since DST has license for Spider-Man 3 stuff, any plans for movie related minimates?

They’re doing a Spider-Man 3 movie? We’ll have to look into that"

LOL! I knew it ... I bet this is our wave 16. I'd also put $ on protos at Toy Fair.

"57) Just watch: Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness is going to be a HUGE book ... why not think outside the box and do an AOD / Marvel Zombies wave or set? You have the licenses to both and obviously the 2 companies want to cross promote. You'd really knock a lot of people's socks off with an item like that.

People like Zombies? Who knew!?!"

Oh man ... don't tease me like this. Again, just my opinion and speculation, but I'm hoping for a Marvel Zombies con-exclusive 4-pack. If they threw Ash in there too ... I may quite literally pass out from excitement.

Thank you again DST ... this is so great. And Ady and the gang: thanks so much for putting this together. Just another reason why I heart MMMV.

:D

Xy

I agree with you Xybot. The answers follow a pattern of cheekiness that has existed since the old Q&As.

I now have my hopes up for ZOMBIES! Can you imagine only getting half an Iron Man and a legless Spidey?! :banana:

Oh man, that went over SO much better then I ever could have hoped! Seriously, even the (what some people considered) snarky questions got answered unapologetically. Conventions, exclusives, new licenses, man this is gona be a great year!

Thank you SO MUCH, DST!

Lots of good news in there:

- A Spider-Man 3 wave looks like a certainty now. Especially if they can get more milage out of them by releasing the figures through Target and as a TRU 4-pack. And have them out in time for the movie.

- Marvel Zombies would blow my mind as a convention exclusive. A Thor Zombie Minimate exclusive is too much to comtemplate.

- "More box sets are planned" - the best way to get obscure teams, I think.

- Rocky Minimates will be out this summer - will that be in time for the DVD? And have we ever gotten a line-up for this wave?

- And there's still hope for the Street Fighter mates. Wonder if they're thinking about an exclusive TRU release?

I swear, NOT SPAM!!!

I am retracting my use of the word "snarky". I defer to our distinguished resident Hulk expert and will replace the word with "cheeky".

On topic: Good to finally have final word on the resin display stand.

[setup]Now we know ...[/setup]

The news is mostly positive, thats for sure. The resin stand is a disappointment. I am most excited over the confirmation that the Marvel license will continue. It one of my favorite lines and what got me started in the first place.

I now have my hopes up for ZOMBIES! Can you imagine only getting half an Iron Man and a legless Spidey?! :banana:

In a really bad QC kinda way, sure. <_<

Seriously, in one of the olde Q&A's I asked when DST would be doing Marvel zombies and they said it was a distinct possibility. They just seemed to want to wait 'til it was over first.

Can I just say its great what DST are doing... but I want to TAG something to this Q&A.

When asking your questions can you check to see if it hasn'rt been asked before just to make sure you don't ask the same question as before as they're gonna get bored of asking the same questions over and over again, even if you re-word them. I'm not wanting to be evil or add any malice but look at it from there point of view they answered a question do they want to answer it again?

cheers,

Tk

EDIT: Sounds wrong, like I'm demanding you do it <G>

For some reason, this is what got me all excited:

"We do have more box sets planned."

OH BOY!! Between Playsets and Boxsets, I have some sort of weird obsession. I just can't resist them! :D

Same! I can't wait. Also, I agree with the whole "ask the same questions a billion times thing". The quick response was AMAZING though! Thanks DST!

For some reason, this is what got me all excited:

"We do have more box sets planned."

OH BOY!! Between Playsets and Boxsets, I have some sort of weird obsession. I just can't resist them! :D

Same! I can't wait. Also, I agree with the whole "ask the same questions a billion times thing". The quick response was AMAZING though! Thanks DST!

I know, that got me too. I was thinking like the SW Galatic Heros sets that are out right now. I hope they didn't just mean a 4 pack. <_< Man, I really want to know now!

Also, no more IndyMates = lose! I thought my Wolvy/Witchblade crossover was a good idea. Heck, they've crossed over in the comics enough.

"57) Just watch: Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness is going to be a HUGE book ... why not think outside the box and do an AOD / Marvel Zombies wave or set? You have the licenses to both and obviously the 2 companies want to cross promote. You'd really knock a lot of people's socks off with an item like that.

People like Zombies? Who knew!?!"

Oh man ... don't tease me like this. Again, just my opinion and speculation, but I'm hoping for a Marvel Zombies con-exclusive 4-pack. If they threw Ash in there too ... I may quite literally pass out from excitement.

If that happens someone is gonna have to hook me up. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't say anything was confirmed, but I would say that DST seems to have an idea of what to expect this year, and that idea seems to cross over pretty well with our own idea of what to expect this year. For the most part, it was all good news too. I'm definitely feeling a lot more sure about minimates in 2007 than I was feeling in 2006. Rolling stock in Target is planned to continue. More 4-packs/box sets on the horizon. DST actually mentioning teams of characters they can do (none of which feature the favorite webhead or the hairy canuck): Runaways, Young Avengers, New X-Men, Classic New X-Men, Avengers. They're (unofficially) addressing the broken figures from last year and looking into the paint app fiasco some of us are unkeen of. This definitely feels more like an approachable DST, whereas in the past they always gave off that air of "You'll get what we tell you you'll get" I hope we can keep this flowing, so please, let's lay off the "Where's my Thor" or "When will we see *insert obscure character here*" questions.

I wouldn't say anything was confirmed, but I would say that DST seems to have an idea of what to expect this year, and that idea seems to cross over pretty well with our own idea of what to expect this year. For the most part, it was all good news too. I'm definitely feeling a lot more sure about minimates in 2007 than I was feeling in 2006. Rolling stock in Target is planned to continue. More 4-packs/box sets on the horizon. DST actually mentioning teams of characters they can do (none of which feature the favorite webhead or the hairy canuck): Runaways, Young Avengers, New X-Men, Classic New X-Men, Avengers. They're (unofficially) addressing the broken figures from last year and looking into the paint app fiasco some of us are unkeen of. This definitely feels more like an approachable DST, whereas in the past they always gave off that air of "You'll get what we tell you you'll get" I hope we can keep this flowing, so please, let's lay off the "Where's my Thor" or "When will we see *insert obscure character here*" questions.

hmm that MIGHT mean thor :turned: