UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

GI Joe fans...

I'm going to the International GI Joe convention 2006 at the end of this month. If there is anything I can TRY to help members with, feel free to drop me a line.

Yep... Hope it's fun. I've always wanted to go to one, but I hate the travel. Hopefully they'll have one in Chicago or STL soon...

That 12" Sled Dog Exclusive set looks amazing. There's so much cool stuff that comes with it! It's cool that they've reworked the classic head to fit the modern bodies...

Yeah, I agree about the Polar Bear set. I haven't picked up many modern sets, but I like the ones that emmulate the old Adventure Team line. I am sure St. Louis or Chicago is in the works. They like big cities.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the parachute drop today. They do it every year. Drop 1000 GIJs off a roof for lucky folks below to catch. The goofballs did it downtown amongst the tall buildings. What did not land on the roofs of other buildings got carried several blocks away. It was a stampede of young kids and wacky old ladies (yes, old ladies).

At any rate, so far the show is lame. The Adventure team exclusive Polar Bear set is AWESOME! No Sigma 6 yet, but I only popped in for a sec.

OK, the show was pretty lame and everything was overpriced. No Sigma 6 exclusives either. I got to see some upcoming product and it was cool. Very hard to get photos of most of it. The lighting in the show cases was terrible, but here is what I have.

s61.jpg

s64.jpg

s63.sized.jpg

destro1.jpg

It was hard as hell to get a good shot of Destro.

s62.jpg

2.5 inchers were nice looking, but lack articulation.

s65.jpg

A cool custom diarama. I love the S6 Bullet Man.

You guys missed nothing...

Hey. Thanks for the pics Shanester. I'm really looking forward to the new figures. They can't come out fast enough for me...

Sorry the 'con was lame. I've always envisioned these as being pretty cool. Hopefully I'll get to go to one myself one of these days.