UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's next weeks DST announcement?

TBT!

I know this isn't probably the big announcement, but since DSTMatt was reading this thread yesterday, I wanted to offer a suggestion.

Super Robots

114115873087147300.jpg

114115919790504600.jpg

114115968499070100.jpg

Bandai has had HUGE success with their SOC line of classic robot designs. This would be a license that would open up a totally new group of collectors to minimates here in the US and I believe it would be very well received in the Asian markets as well. (Kind of like the SF packs offered in Japan.)

The drawback I can immediately see is that the license would require quite a few new parts to be sculpted, however, those parts could be re-used in future 'mate designs.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, "blown away" was just an expression. I think you're reading a little too much into it. Sorry to steal your thunder!

"Steal your thunder" eh?

MY GOD! IT'S THOR! He's giving us clues! CLUES I TELL YOU!

If it is AOD, then there would be no reason not to do Buffy. I'm curious as heck ...

Sorry, Xybot. Sometimes words are just words, not clues. Only two days left anyway until the big update.

I see that Sci Fi has ok'd a new Flash Gordon series - maybe this'll be the new line? It would go GREAT with BSG and Trek IMO.

Flash Gordon Gets the Green Light

Source: SCI FI Channel

January 12, 2007

SCI FI Channel has greenlit production on "Flash Gordon," based on the popular comic strip franchise, it was announced today at the Television Critic's Association tour. Production on the 22 one-hour episodes begins in Canada in early 2007. The series, produced by Reunion Pictures, is slated to debut on SCI FI in July of '07, with a broadcast syndication window to follow.

Under an agreement with property owner King Features Syndicate, the new series is being produced by RHI's Robert Halmi, Sr. and Robert Halmi, Jr., who previously produced SCI FI's popular miniseries event "Legend of Earthsea."

Ming, Dale Arden, and Dr. Hans Zarkov are among the many beloved characters returning to television in this contemporary retelling of the intergalactic exploits of "Flash Gordon." Stellar adventures and heroic battles mark this inventive new take on the perennial science fiction classic. The "Flash Gordon" comic strip was created in 1934 by legendary comic-strip artist Alex Raymond and is still distributed internationally today by King Features Syndicate.

I see that Sci Fi has ok'd a new Flash Gordon series - maybe this'll be the new line? It would go GREAT with BSG and Trek IMO.

Flash Gordon Gets the Green Light

Source: SCI FI Channel

January 12, 2007

SCI FI Channel has greenlit production on "Flash Gordon," based on the popular comic strip franchise, it was announced today at the Television Critic's Association tour. Production on the 22 one-hour episodes begins in Canada in early 2007. The series, produced by Reunion Pictures, is slated to debut on SCI FI in July of '07, with a broadcast syndication window to follow.

Under an agreement with property owner King Features Syndicate, the new series is being produced by RHI's Robert Halmi, Sr. and Robert Halmi, Jr., who previously produced SCI FI's popular miniseries event "Legend of Earthsea."

Ming, Dale Arden, and Dr. Hans Zarkov are among the many beloved characters returning to television in this contemporary retelling of the intergalactic exploits of "Flash Gordon." Stellar adventures and heroic battles mark this inventive new take on the perennial science fiction classic. The "Flash Gordon" comic strip was created in 1934 by legendary comic-strip artist Alex Raymond and is still distributed internationally today by King Features Syndicate.

:o :o :o :flash: :flash: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! YIPPIE WOWIE WOW GOOD GOD YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

If there's something strange, in your neighborhood... :D

Ya' know I think I would be all over a Ghostbusters line. It would be bound to have some killer accesories. Proton packs for everyone! and if there was ever a "villan" made for mates its the stay-puft giant.

Ya' know I think I would be all over a Ghostbusters line. It would be bound to have some killer accesories. Proton packs for everyone! and if there was ever a "villan" made for mates its the stay-puft giant.

A Ghostbusters line would be oh so sweet. A MaxiMate Stay-Puft? That would be so sweet!

Of DST's licenses, I'd like Hellboy, Office Space, Alien or Evil Dead. I'd really love to have Spider-Man team up with Hellboy to take down an Alien and Lumburgh. :thumbsup:

A Ghostbusters line would be oh so sweet. A MaxiMate Stay-Puft? That would be so sweet!

Of DST's licenses, I'd like Hellboy, Office Space, Alien or Evil Dead. I'd really love to have Spider-Man team up with Hellboy to take down an Alien and Lumburgh. :thumbsup:

Hellboy Minimates DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Hell's bells, that's an announcement I didn't see coming. And I certainly never expected pictures of him. And he looks so nice...

And congrats on being one of the official "reveal" sites this week Ady! You've made the big time!