UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's next weeks DST announcement?

TBT!

Mmmmm.... Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica in the same figure line? I am stoked!

NERD!!!

Now back to talking about toys based on comic book charcters... :tongue:

:o

LOL :D Always a sci-fi nerd first, I am. Then a comics geek.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they announce Trek minimates. But if these are TNG, I hope they don't do the stupid thing again and make Q a variant like they did in the 7 inchers. I mean, Q deserves a figure more than Measley Cruncher (pardon my SevSpeak, Wesley Crusher to those of you who don't read Sev Trek).

Star Trek had there run. I say let there be more Marvel minimates. Thor, baby. Can I hear a hell yeah. :thumbsup:

^^ We havent seen the last of Ms Shinzon to be, you can count on that.... all though if indeed there are more Trek mates, then there is a chance that those Trek fans may find there way... shields to full and arm the torpedoes this is going to be fun.

Thanks TK and Cappy! As I suggested to Ady in another thread, just make sure that if they come you keep 'em in line and talking soley about minimates and that should keep things on an even keel! (just don't mention JJ Abrams and you should be good to go! :thumbsup: )

In any case, my one YSK minimate is getting lonely, and it looks like cool things could be on the horizon for Trek minimate collectors ~ it would be about time!

Star Trek had there run. I say let there be more Marvel minimates. Thor, baby. Can I hear a hell yeah. :thumbsup:

Actually we didn't... we had a run of 3 main characters + a Kirk with tribbles and then a run of 3 other characters so in total 7 3" there were other MM in development and they were pulled but that was when AA was working alone. I'd say there were plenty of Marvel minimates out and about and they're is the income for those... but if they don't give other lines the chance to live and thrive then they're going to become a one trick pony and frankly im bored of just having Marvel mates granted there are DC mates on there way. But the Marvel line has been sucky you've had more Wolvies and Spideys than anything else and I would honestly go out and buy Trek minimates as they were never really given the chance as by the time I was about to obtain them I found out they weren't making them anymore.

I am also sure you guys will get Thor some time in the near future because god bless DST/AA havent been pestered about that enough so yes they know who's wanted. Besides Minimates are going to be around for awhile yet and I'm sure once the kinks and bugs are worked out again that the newer lines should be fun. Just my two cents.

cheers,

Tk

Sidenote: It wouldn't be a forum without ya Jules <G>

Star Wars isn't a bad call at all... (jokingly sets self up for flaming) after all, Medicom already did it :P

This is probably just desire on my part, but the more I say "Pirates" the better it sounds. Zizzle comes out of obscurity and is making good. It is going to be a massive deal this summer, even amongst the other giants like Spider-Man and Shrek - it is one of the movies everybody is going to see. It feels right - nice assortment of cast, plenty of Jack variants (as NECA is proving). I'd love to see Pirates Minimates go the distance, but I'm a hopeless dreamer with nothing but an army of Orcs to show for it.

I see DSTMatt is scoping this thread out... how's it going? :)

One last thought: I wish DST would do a 'guess the license' contest again. I won a sweet bust when they did that for Army of Darkness

So far this week we've had announcements of:

Star Trek minimates rebooted (YES! I love the preview pic)

24 minimates (very cool, I'll finally start watching)

... and one more announcement on Monday? I'll throw my wishful-thinking vote in for LOST minimates!

This is probably just desire on my part, but the more I say "Pirates" the better it sounds. Zizzle comes out of obscurity and is making good. It is going to be a massive deal this summer, even amongst the other giants like Spider-Man and Shrek - it is one of the movies everybody is going to see. It feels right - nice assortment of cast, plenty of Jack variants (as NECA is proving). I'd love to see Pirates Minimates go the distance, but I'm a hopeless dreamer with nothing but an army of Orcs to show for it.

I'd love to see PotC minimates too, my own pocket sized Kira Knightly *sighs*...

I think the cutesy look of minimates would be a great fit & you're right there are likely enough variants & charaters to keep it afloat for a while...

Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me :D

T.

So far I don't think we have any winners ;)

What are you talking about?! Many of these guys are wieners. :rolleyes: What? Oh, winners.... :whistling:

I give a thumbs up to the guesses so far:

Lost

Star Wars

Pirates of the Carribean

All shot down. Anymore guesses?

My brother conjectured that "blown away" refers to the "big bad wolf" to wit I remarked "Doctor Who"

Would it be cool to just shotgun some guesses? Wait, I don't have any.

Please, torture us with a clue: Movie, Television, Game, Book, or Other?

Although to be blown away, it would be some license that is of high popularity. It'll be interesting. I'm leaning towards something non-TV show related and non-single movie related. Spider-man 3 minimates would be a 1-2 wave thing, not sure how much steam BTVS has left. While I'd love to see both licenses in minimate form, they are not something I'd be blown away by, so what do we have left that would put us in awe? GI Joe has sigma six small figures, so they're out, but they do have Hasbro as a partner. What haven't we mentioned?

Apologies if my last post was taken with any seriousness - just a joke :P

AoD would been groovy.

"The Bruce Campbell Collection" would be groovier:

From his Detroit Meathead days as Ash to his meteoric rise-to-the-middle in Brisco County, BC is finally captured in his big-chined coolness. The line features his main characters that have showcased his talent for one-liners and getting run over - Includes: Bruce Campbell as Ash from Evil Dead II, Bruce Campbell as Ash from Army of Darkness, Bruce Campbell as Sebastian Haff from Bubba Ho-Tep, Bruce Campbell as Autolycus from Hercules and Xena, Bruce Campbell as The Man With the Screaming Brain, Bruce Campbell as Announcer from Spider-Man, Bruce Campbell as Jack Styles from Jack of All Trades (finally out on DVD!), and Bruce Campbell as Carl Greig from the movie Icebreaker. Look for this assortment to feature the same packing style as the Battlestar Galactica Cylons, including chase versions of several characters!

Sorry, I had to do it.

And, yes, I would buy that assortment.

I think it'll be minimate minimates. Can you imagine owning your own miniature minimate?!

I'd be stoked to see lines from Army of Darkness, Marvel Zombies, Spidey 3, Marvel Characters the Fans Have Been Begging For, etc.

I think the safest bet though, is that the announcement that they're switching to the metric system.

OK, "blown away" was just an expression. I think you're reading a little too much into it. Sorry to steal your thunder!

"Steal your thunder" eh?

MY GOD! IT'S THOR! He's giving us clues! CLUES I TELL YOU!

If it is AOD, then there would be no reason not to do Buffy. I'm curious as heck ...