UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's next weeks DST announcement?

TBT!

^^^A wet finger in the air suggest it will be more TOS.

We hear that the TNG 7" action figure lines hasn't sold in the quantities hoped so I doubt if it will be TNG, and with likelihood of the next Star Trek movie being a return to Kirk and Spock (don't get me started! <_< ), I would think TOS is what you'll be getting. TWOK movie figures have been announced for the 7" action figure line ~ maybe they'll go that way?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be up for Trek more so than BTVS. I've been thinking BTVS was a possibility because they do have a license. Same with Trek, but at least with Trek we've had the "We're working on it" and "We're working on design" comments from DST.

I would like them to be from all TOS, TNG, DS9, ENT.

TWOK would make sense as a launch point. Then they could back track and do TOS. THEN they can do a wave of the Kirk / Spock / Abrahams movie.

My gawd ... I can just imagine what the chase variants are going to be. Exclusives too. Should be very interesting.

I've been hearing rumblings about Buffy - not just from Boyd, but on 4-5 different boards....

Yup, DST do have the license I believe. This weeks Radical Confidential does say "Trek Minimates" though so I guess DST spoiled their own news announcement....

Had no issues here, this is the relevant bit:

(apologies DST if you dont want this posting)

It says " The January edition of Radical Confidential is almost here! Next week, check out a behind-the-scenes look at action figure creation and the upcoming Star Trek Minimates!" thats it, its jsut a tiny mention in the top corner.

Well, it looks like it's Trek minimates.

About friggin' time. For a while I thought they'd wait for the 50th anniversary to come and go.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that these will be from ANY era. They need to grab Trekkies of all denominations right from the start, not make fans wait because their favorite Trek isn't good enough.

EEEEK! The MMV is talking Trek... I've died and gone to heaven <G>

I think they may do 2 packs say TMP: Matt and Illia TWOK: Kirk and Spock TNG: Picard and Locutus DS9: Sisko and Gul Dukat VOY: Janeway and Queen ENT: Archer and Silik... I dunno perhaps a few possibilities but the lists for double packs are endless, but it could be they're doing minimates to test the waters again to see what sells and what doesnt for future references?

Also not forgetting they did the whole designs on TNG minis so it's possible they're going to finish what they're starting.

cheers,

Tk

SIDENOTE: I don't think we need a Trek forum, because I don't want to descend into AA madness with more annoying topics and AA/DST need to make this etc. As it'll only encourage it... as yes I admit it, Trekkies can be annoying.

The biggest problem I'll have with Trek Minimates will be the inevitable chase figures. I friggin' HATE those things only because most of the time I really want to add them to my collection. And NOT because they're chase figures but because they're really cool variants. I'd hate to think that a character like Locutus would end up being a rare chase figure, but then again look at Black Spidey. <_<

Mmmmm.... Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica in the same figure line? I am stoked! So, folks here seem to be pretty sure Trek mates are coming, but are they the big announcement? How does "blown away" apply, unless they're releasing some fifty trek mates this year or something....

Trek mates... 2 inch Trek mates.... And all this on the same day they announce the iTV and iPhone... all my money is already spent!

Mmmmm.... Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica in the same figure line? I am stoked! So, folks here seem to be pretty sure Trek mates are coming, but are they the big announcement? How does "blown away" apply, unless they're releasing some fifty trek mates this year or something....

About time we got something official, we've known about this "limbo-license" for quite awhile now. I've been hanging-on to a Playmates Galileo shuttle and an AMT/ERTL command bridge model (2" scale is nearly perfect for these) for just this occassion. Now if they'd just hurry up and solicit these and the Classic BSG line(and ships), I'd be even happier. The only thing that would personally "blow-me-away" more than these 2 licenses(3 if you include DC), would be an announcement for a Doctor Who line of minis (though I won't hold my breath)!

The Trekkies/Trekkers loooooove acronyms. ;)

Steady on Fujis ~ you're letting your prejudices slip! ;)

We have to have acronyms because there are so many series, episodes and films (unlike BSG and SW) that we'd get carpal tunnel syndrom just from typing out the names! :lol:

The biggest problem I'll have with Trek Minimates will be the inevitable chase figures. I friggin' HATE those things only because most of the time I really want to add them to my collection. And NOT because they're chase figures but because they're really cool variants. I'd hate to think that a character like Locutus would end up being a rare chase figure, but then again look at Black Spidey. <_<

...........Welcome to the world we 7" action figures already live in! A word to the wise: just don't go expressing that opinion over at the AA boards ~ if ever you were inclined to ;) ~ because some loser with way to much time on his hands will berate you for having the temerity to complain!

^^ We havent seen the last of Ms Shinzon to be, you can count on that.... all though if indeed there are more Trek mates, then there is a chance that those Trek fans may find there way... shields to full and arm the torpedoes this is going to be fun.

cheers,

Tk

Mmmmm.... Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica in the same figure line? I am stoked!

NERD!!!

Now back to talking about toys based on comic book charcters...

:tongue:

And I will say, if Trek mates bring Jules around more often, then they can't come soon enough! ;)

I second that!

Bring on the Trek mates and some teeny-tiny phasers!