UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2021

Power Rangers was cheap, groan-inducing television at best for me. The way the show was so blatantly recycled using existing footage from a series shot at a different time with a contrasting aesthetic and lower production values killed any interest I might have had in the property. It'd have been like making the 1989 Batman film with Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne but using footage from 1966 of Adam West as the Caped Crusader. It spoke to how little producers cared about making quality television for young audiences. There was no way I would support something that lowered the bar that much.

Naturally, I'll be buying all the Power Rangers Minimates I can get my hands on.

1 hour ago, MJtheJuiceman26 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS 

I started collecting Minimates with the hopes that Power Rangers would be produced one day. I'm getting every single one (especially if they go deep into the mythos like the Lightning Collection has). I'm so grateful and excited!

This, and if they do dive deep enough I might have to stop collecting the lighting collection all together.

Zach, I don't mean to be that guy, but seriously. I was just talking to my friends about my hidden infatuation for Power Rangers. (Still haven't mustered up the confidence to mention my Minimates love lol).

I really want to tell you, DST, and Luke how much I appreciate you all for your dedication to this brand. I don't mean to come off has hyperbolic, but I'm really thankful this brand is still around, and it's going to new places. You've always got a supporter in me!

Edited by MJtheJuiceman26

Transformers, G.I. Joe and Power Rangers are great evergreen licences that can keep going a while. I'm really excited! 

I'm one of the few who didn't stop watching Power Rangers and has enjoyed all iterations they have made. I'm sure Mighty Morphin is the bread and butter when comes to PR merch so hopefully it gains interest for the other shows or we at least go deep with Mighty Morphin.

Will these be two packs or boxsets?

Edited by RedTiger95

50 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

We showed Wave 82 art at the panel, not sure where the protos are at this time. 81 is still protos, not sure we have production samples yet.

Not sure when panel will be available to view, but:

MMPRSeries1a.jpg

48 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

And I think everyone's seen this. 

Series82a.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I was mostly interested in a projected release date and whether any accessories were added (I've been trying to find a good head for a civillian Doom for a while now, and best I could do was Union Jack's with Nite Owl's head; with Iron Doom being unscarred I figured an unmasked head had good chances). Still, I'm looking forward to it. Nothing else Marvel related, I assume?

No interest in PR, but they look great.The Transformers & Cobra stuff tempt me more. 

Edited by Kostisfire

i've never watched a power rangers but my buddy wrote some short anthology for the comics and those were fun to read (i'm admitting my bias though).

that said, i was exposed to some cool designs and power rangers is full of possibilities for new sculpts and just cool looking toys.

i'm all in.

19 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Thanks for the responses. I was mostly interested in a projected release date and whether any accessories were added (I've been trying to find a good head for a civillian Doom for a while now, and best I could do was Union Jack's with Nite Owl's head; with Iron Doom being unscarred I figured an unmasked head had good chances). Still, I'm looking forward to it. Nothing else Marvel related, I assume?

No interest in PR, but they look great.The Transformers & Cobra stuff tempt me more. 

NO alt head planned for Doom that I am aware of. I cut some accessories from the pic, but not that one.

RElease dates are up in the air due to shipping being interrupted between China and Los Angeles. We have no timeline for anything at the moment.

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

NO alt head planned for Doom that I am aware of. I cut some accessories from the pic, but not that one.

RElease dates are up in the air due to shipping being interrupted between China and Los Angeles. We have no timeline for anything at the moment.

Bummer. His Post-SW look was unique enough that I thought he had a shot. Thanks for the info though! :thumbsup:

I gotta quit checking these forums. Every time I do; I find out my wallet is gonna be getting lighter again. Lol

I get the feeling Snake-Eyes redco might be in purple & grays like the od cartoon. Although kinda hoping it is a V1 Commando but that would likely be a new figure versus a redco

Edited by HellfireSamurai

10 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Zach were any pics shown of the redeco G.I. Joe Minimates? Do you happen to have any pics of them?

Details of release may change, and I have no idea when we will be offering these, but...

GIJoeWave1-JoeSm.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

We just got the first box set and there's already a better Snake Eyes, such is life...

These decos look great. Zach, would Series 1 and 2 be dropping at relatively the same time? When you say it's a "box of individually-carded figures," do you mean a box set and they're packed like that, or it's a retail case of individual Minimates for sale?

• 2 weeks later...