UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2021

Just leaving this here...

Not sure what will be in the display case yet (opening those MM carrying cases today), but I plan to announce a few things at the panel -- I can't share that here for a while, but NYCC is taping it, so they should be airing it at some point. I'll keep everyone posted. 

Anyone actually attending?

Afraid not. I haven't gone to NYCC in several years, but one thing I do miss is getting to meet and hang out with all you cool DST folks. I suppose I can tell this now, but I remember talking with you all about Transformers Minimates a decade ago, and knowing what a dream it was for some of you on Team Minimate made me so happy when you finally got to actually do it. Maybe one of these years I'll make it back.

7 hours ago, hellpop said:

I remember talking with you all about Transformers Minimates a decade ago, and knowing what a dream it was for some of you on Team Minimate made me so happy when you finally got to actually do it.

This actually makes me want every Transformers minimate 10x more than I already do. Thanks for sharing, Pop! It's a very nice thought to have.

Edited by NerdyTrev

TF Series 2 is on display in the case, as is G.I. Joe Series 1 (not the FCBD box set). The panel will give some details about Joe Series 1 and 2.

The Sunday morning panel will reveal a new Minimates line that's NOT in the case, not sure when the taped panel will go up on NYCC's socials. 

Edited by DSTZach

Power Rangers will be cool for those that have been wanting them now for a while. Not my thing though. I think I was in my late teens when they were popular so I never really watched much of the show. No nostalgia to pull me in to get me to buy these.

Was anything new shown from the Marvel line?

On 10/7/2021 at 7:40 AM, DSTZach said:

TF Series 2 is on display in the case, as is G.I. Joe Series 1 (not the FCBD box set). The panel will give some details about Joe Series 1 and 2.

The Sunday morning panel will reveal a new Minimates line that's NOT in the case, not sure when the taped panel will go up on NYCC's socials. 

Zach, I'm confused.  Are you stating that the FCBD G.I. Joe boxset is NOT series 1?  Your comment makes it sound like the boxset that is a separate release from "Series 1".  Can you please elaborate?

7 hours ago, youbastards said:

Zach, I'm confused.  Are you stating that the FCBD G.I. Joe boxset is NOT series 1?  Your comment makes it sound like the boxset that is a separate release from "Series 1".  Can you please elaborate?

FCBD box set is FCBD box set. Series 1 will be a box of individually carded figures, four Joes, including recolored Snake Eyes and Scarlett, Roadblock and Duke. Series 2 will be four Cobras -- costume variations on Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow, Destro and Baroness.