UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cylons:Classics or Modern which did you get and why

If I had the funds (or a trade opportunity) I would opt for the classic version its what I grew up with and I think they just make for a better looking block fig than the modern version, visualy they seem to fit the "theme" of the figure style better

I too am getting a case of each. It's nice to be able to bounce back between series when you're playing around with these guys :D .

Glomit

One each(maybe). Although I'd really like to have more modern, but I'll probably just wait till the "Raider" sets come out to bulk-up my legion. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my cases (come-ON BBTS!!Feb.?!) to arrive. I probably should have ordered these through my LCS or Stuckakid. Oh well, that's what I get for pre-ordering prematurely with the first site I found advertising these. I could have been enjoying these right now instead of wondering if they will ever arrive. Frak!! I pre-ordered the "mini-figure resin display" for a Modern display from Stuckakid, but my order was cancelled. I'm not having very good luck with minimates lately and I'm feeling a bit "mini-manic".

Sorry about all your troubles cdubya ... we weren't picking on you, I promise. We had to cancel all pre-orders on the display stand. Got word from Diamond Select that they will not be resoliciting the stand and it will not be made. I have no idea what happened there ... we actually had a LOT of orders for these. I was definitely going to get one myself too. Maybe they have some other plans ...

Oh, and on topic: both. I was a HUGE fan of BSG when I was a kid. Just got the box set for Christmas so I've been fiddling with the Classics while I've been catching up on episodes. Quite literally feel like a kid again. And the Moderns just rool. I can pretty much say that any BSG 'mates that come out, Classic or Modern, I will definitely get.

I was originally going to only order the modern Cylons, but since my preorder is still hanging out in limbo, I stumbled across a case of the classics and just couldn't pass them up. I figure, if you're going to be a plastic-crack addict, you might as well be a really good plastic-crack addict! :D

I got a couple of modern Cylons, but a whole case and then some of the classics. Yay!

Partly because I figure this is the only time we'll ever see Classic Battlestar Galactica, while the modern Cylons are coming in future waves. Plus, I generally like the classics better, probably because it harkens to my youth. :)

I'm only getting the modern figs. My mother told me that I used to love the old show, but I don't hardly remember any of it. I traded one of my Centurions for a classic Centurion, since we see one in a glass case early in the miniseries.

Sorry about all your troubles cdubya ... we weren't picking on you, I promise. We had to cancel all pre-orders on the display stand. Got word from Diamond Select that they will not be resoliciting the stand and it will not be made. I have no idea what happened there ... we actually had a LOT of orders for these. I was definitely going to get one myself too. Maybe they have some other plans ...

Not your fault Xy, I'm accustomed to disappointment with Diamond. I did have some grand plans for using it as a Viper hanger-bay/battle scene for my modern minis...oh well. I do really wish that I had pre-ordered my Cylons from you though; I might be enjoying them now instead of waiting! Lesson learned, you've definitely got my business for the DC line and any/all future BSG releases.

Oh-ho! I received my second case of classic cylons today. The first case was #391 or some such lame thing, but check this out:

Case6.jpg

Yeah, that's right! Case #6 :o They don't come much lower than that. Eat your cybernetic hearts out, boys and girls.

This means I'm special, right?

:D

(Where's that damn dancing daggit when you need it....)

Haven't actually picked any up yet and i'm probably one of the only people on the board who didn't pre-order a case...

But i'll be picking up the Modern Cylons first just because i like the look of them over the Classic Cylons...

I got 3 Modern Cylons, because that's all my comic shop had left (they are big fans). I'm midly inclined to pick up a case of Classic Cylons, but am mostly broke, and (truth be told) BSG was nice, but I wasn't into it. Not my thing. The new stuff doesn't do anything for me. But these guys are pretty cool - nice job Matt :)

(now when can we talk Daggit?)

Classic all the way. However, I opted not to buy a case and am getting a full set from a MMMV member.

The modern Cylons are cool, but I am an school fan and like the way the classic look translated to mini-form.

I was on the fence on buying any at all. But I saw them at my Comic Store and was able to buy them all execpt for Battle damage Command Centurion and Download Cylon

I do have a question about the battle damage Cylon on both sets. Neither one of mine look anything like the side picture. They do have extra shading compared to the regular ones but not the circle hole damage as shown on box.

Did they change the paint?

I was on the fence on buying any at all. But I saw them at my Comic Store and was able to buy them all execpt for Battle damage Command Centurion and Download Cylon

I do have a question about the battle damage Cylon on both sets. Neither one of mine look anything like the side picture. They do have extra shading compared to the regular ones but not the circle hole damage as shown on box.

Yeah, they're all like that. It's a little disappointing (especially on the modern cylon) when you can easily compare them with the prototype on the box. I guess it could easily be fixed with a silver paint-pen though. I'm also thinking of giving the classic's grill a light-wash of black to make it stand-out a little better.

Classic case breakdown

1 Battle Damaged Command Centurion <---

2 Cylon Command Centurion

2 Battle Damaged Cylon

3 Black Stealth Centurion

4 Cylon Centurion

Modern case breakdown

1 Downloaded Cylon <---

2 Battle Damaged Cylon

2 Valley of Darkness Cylon

3 Cylon Cannon Centurion

4 Cylon Centurion

Yeah, they're all like that. It's a little disappointing (especially on the modern cylon) when you can easily compare them with the prototype on the box. I guess it could easily be fixed with a silver paint-pen though. I'm also thinking of giving the classic's grill a light-wash of black to make it stand-out a little better.

Thats too bad. Expecially for the Modern one. You can hardly tell it has any paint difference. At first I thought someone swapped figures.