UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LOTR Wave 3

Has wave 3 of the LOTR series been officially killed? AFX is no longer taking orders due to the "uncertainty" of the lines release.

Rumor has it that it's dead :(

I think it didn't get enough store orders and was put on hold.. and now AA have their hands full with the new stuff like BSG coming out...

If anyone at AA or DST wants any of the proto's to go to a very good home though, let me know :)

T.

Thats a shame. I am going to ask the guys at AFX what they know about them. If that doesn't work, I will harass DST & AA at SDCC until I get some news.

The ringwraiths could be a con exclusive. These things are usually limited to 5000 sets, more than enough for us to get our NINE, my precious!! [gollum, gollum.] Come on DST/AA PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I bet we don't hear anything - normally cancellations just happen, they don't get announced.

Really? That's weird. So what happens to the people who did preorder? Do they get their money back?

You dont tend to pay until merch ships.

For those weird sites that take money upfront they will obviously get it back, although like 0.1% of sites take cash upfront.

Cancellations dont tend to be announced as what company wants to announce "No one wants our products"

• 1 month later...

Looks like it's may be the same thing that happened to C3, not outright cancelled, but the license has expired, at least according to quick Ask AA thread over at the Art Asylum forums.

Some of you might have seen this over on the AA forums:

Morpheus: "LOTR is over. License has expired so you won't see them. We have samples, but that was it..."

Me: Any chance of the samples being for sale or used as prizes in a draw?

Morpheus: You Betcha Fujis - we are working on getting alot of different prizes for board members that post and contribute to the AA community so watch out for postings from Neo.

It'll be interesting to see what happens...if anything.