UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Parts Question(s) - Looking for Advice or Specific Bits

54 minutes ago, elhonez said:

I don't have them in hand, but they sure look close on MMDB.

I also have a question: does anyone know of green legs with brown "boot tops?" I know there are the Platoon mates, and first appearance Blade, but those all have shoelaces/details in front. i want pure brown. Does such an animal exist?

Depending on the shade of green you’re looking for Bring On the Bad Guys Red Skull is green with brown boots. 

• 2 weeks later...

At some point I'll reveal the Q-ish C that I was working on, but it may be a bit. Another couple of sets have now jumped the line, and I'm excited by them. I have so little time to work on my customs these days that I tend to follow my whims, which just adds more and more time. 🤷‍♂️

Not that anyone could guess based on this, but before my next "wave" is done I need a Kingpin cigar hand, and I need to paint a couple fedoras.

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, elhonez said:

My update here is that both the Yellowjacket and AIM torsos ended up looking a little too dark, and didn't stand up to the bright yellow of the Cyclops pelvis piece. All part of the process! I used my existing collection to test this, so thankfully no exorbitant AIM fees this time.

I happen to have a s**t ton of Moloids, and even though the color is less saturated, the yellow ended up pairing better. I'm not a fan of the wrinkled, anemic chest tampo, but the big plan will be to have the Colossus torso cap cover most of it anyway.

So... getting there. I have a cheap-ish V1 Colossus on order coming soon. I am using a First Class (comic) Angel bracket for the wings, and I'm guessing I'll have to trim it and glue it to the back of the Colossus cap.

Paint will entail blue for the belt, red for the trimmed edges of the Colossus cap, and yellow to cover the trimmed surfaces of the wing bracket.

Updating here that this is almost done, and looks good enough for rock 'n roll (in case anyone else would like to try it). Unfortunately I inadvertently spilled super glue juice on the head I was using, which ruined the decal. I'll post a pic once I acquire a replacement part, and add a little finishing paint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any other open/functional quivers with straps outside of Fear Itself Hawkeye?

I'm really not wanting to drop 20 bucks for a single part, but that seems to be the only listing on Ebay. I already used mine for Apache Kid, but now I'm working on another character that needs one.

39 minutes ago, elhonez said:

Are there any other open/functional quivers with straps outside of Fear Itself Hawkeye?

I'm really not wanting to drop 20 bucks for a single part, but that seems to be the only listing on Ebay. I already used mine for Apache Kid, but now I'm working on another character that needs one.

Deadpools Assemble! Box Set - Satchel part

On 8/29/2023 at 7:36 PM, cylonchaney said:

Deadpools Assemble! Box Set - Satchel part

I think that satchel is somewhere in Walking Dead as well. Glenn maybe? Or an early Rick. Either way, probably cheaper than getting it in that Deadpool set. 

EDIT. Officer Rick or the Days Gone Bye box set. 

Edited by Trekker 42

When that set came out, someone posted a QC Borgpool in the Star Trek thread. 

I meant to reply but never did. I used that bag to make Poolcard.  It was Picard with a Deadpool head and that pack loaded up with scifi weapons like Casey Jones. I remember it holding a good amount of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...