UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Parts Question(s) - Looking for Advice or Specific Bits

I have a specific question, but thought I'd also create this thread for anyone else like me looking for suggestions or insights about MM parts. So feel free to pile on and/or co-opt.

My question:

Is there a MiniMate that comes with black boots, but white cuffs?

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't know where else to put this.

Anyone have a quick custom for Mister Hyde specifically the Marvel Thunderbolts version?

I was thinking Mr. FIxit body, Bashee's screaming face and Harvey Bullock's Hat/Hair.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/chars.php?i=1186&n=Harvey+Bullock 

Mr._Hyde_Thunderbolts_Vol_1_159.jpg

Seamus McFly might have a better hat for that Hyde, but his hair doesn't line up quite as well. You could dremel it a bit or take an x-acto to it. You could even cut all the hair off, and display it with the hat backwards for a low-on-the-brow look.

I agree that Fixit might be the closest you'll get to the right body -- Kingpin's chest is closer to this suit look, but... he fat.

• 4 months later...

I have a question about SUITS for a... bunch of SUITS I'm working on!

I'd like a bright blue open suit jacket. I found a closed one with animated Coulson. Does an open one exist? Is Gotham Jim Gordon the closest I'm gong to get?

Edited by elhonez

• 1 month later...

Flabby or less-fit ....er....means chubby or ...er..fat ,right ?  That guy from the Lagoon seems quite fit to me ....& there are several I can think of .

Fat guy ( no offence meant) torso , I'm struggling but movie Blob ( with vest) is nearly bare-chested .....Absorbing Man (TRU 18) alternate look seems fairly bulked.

Thanks for the suggestions! Lots of fit MiniMates, I guess they hit the gym more regularly than I do.

I think Reed from Black Lagoon is a great suggestion. For context: I'm looking for parts for de-iced Iceman in the classic era, where he would not have been too yoked. And I'm looking for multiples, to account for multiple de-iced looks (FA and Neal Adams). I suppose Neal Adams-era Bobby could be a bit more fit, so I'll use one Vincent Vega and one Dr. Reed.

Edited by elhonez

• 8 months later...

Alright. I've made my Bobbies, thanks again for all of the suggestions.

I've now got a bug to try to solve Neal Adams Angel 1.0. Yellow chest blocks, sure. Yellowjacket, AIM soldier -- any others? Bracelets are clearly Thor's. Red legs & black boots I'm sure I can find. I might have to delicately paint the most recent Cyclops' belt blue around his snazzy trapezoidal "X" buckle.

But the parts advice request...

1) I'm really lazy and don't want to make a chest decal, so I'm looking for a chest overlay with parallel straps, but one that is lacking all the frippery that often finds in these pieces, like holsters or grenades. Anyone know of a relatively "clean" chest ornament/harness with parallel vertical elements? It can be in reverse, too.

2) The other thing that might be cool would be a circular "bib" piece, kinda like Kang, but preferably smaller. Does such an animal exist? I'm starting to talk myself into a decal now...

6 hours ago, elhonez said:

Alright. I've made my Bobbies, thanks again for all of the suggestions.

I've now got a bug to try to solve Neal Adams Angel 1.0. Yellow chest blocks, sure. Yellowjacket, AIM soldier -- any others? Bracelets are clearly Thor's. Red legs & black boots I'm sure I can find. I might have to delicately paint the most recent Cyclops' belt blue around his snazzy trapezoidal "X" buckle.

But the parts advice request...

1) I'm really lazy and don't want to make a chest decal, so I'm looking for a chest overlay with parallel straps, but one that is lacking all the frippery that often finds in these pieces, like holsters or grenades. Anyone know of a relatively "clean" chest ornament/harness with parallel vertical elements? It can be in reverse, too.

2) The other thing that might be cool would be a circular "bib" piece, kinda like Kang, but preferably smaller. Does such an animal exist? I'm starting to talk myself into a decal now...

Yellow torso: moloids and That Yellow Bastard. 

what about using a Colossus chest piece over a yellow torso? Would still need to modify it to get the wings on there.

BTW, this is my current Neal Adams X-Men setup, less yellow Angel:

52352486132_ce2c10e44b_b.jpg

Not a lot of modding. Just gave Polaris X-Factor effects, doubled up on Havok's effects, swapped Angel's legs and gave him blue feet to recreate that look, gave Beast a new belt and considered that X-Factor chest to be "close enough", and cobbled together a Bobby in the shorts & boots he wore when de-iced for that run.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, Freaqualizer said:

what about using a Colossus chest piece over a yellow torso? Would still need to modify it to get the wings on there.

Frequalizer, I did some early proofing and it looks like this could really work. 

I'm using the legs from a Santa Jack Skellington with black feet, and I attached them to a S68 Cyclops pelvis (with the 70s buckle). The colors look great with a Captain Mar-Vell head. What remains:

• I will probably use either a Yellowjacket or AIM Solider torso, but I need to track one down.
  • I would prefer to use the S68 Colossus overlay because it has a better tampo (chest detail), but seems pretty hard to track those down these days so I may need to abandon that in favor of the old school GSXM box Colossus.
  • Once I find my overlay, I'll probably super glue a wing bracket to the back.
  • I need to identify a hair cap, preferably blond, that just sits on top, like one of those Hulk pieces.
  • I'm sure I have Thor bracelets lying around somewhere, so that would complete it.

@elhonez, I’m glad I could help! Every once in a while I have good ideas! LoL 

re: torsos: you’d probably have better luck with the Yellowjacket minimate. I tracked down AIM soldiers about 6 months ago and they were disgustingly expensive on the secondary market (about $25 a pop). 

re: hair: you could use the X-Factor wave 90s Havok hairpiece. 

Can’t wait to see what you have when it’s all said and done!

My update here is that both the Yellowjacket and AIM torsos ended up looking a little too dark, and didn't stand up to the bright yellow of the Cyclops pelvis piece. All part of the process! I used my existing collection to test this, so thankfully no exorbitant AIM fees this time.

I happen to have a s**t ton of Moloids, and even though the color is less saturated, the yellow ended up pairing better. I'm not a fan of the wrinkled, anemic chest tampo, but the big plan will be to have the Colossus torso cap cover most of it anyway.

So... getting there. I have a cheap-ish V1 Colossus on order coming soon. I am using a First Class (comic) Angel bracket for the wings, and I'm guessing I'll have to trim it and glue it to the back of the Colossus cap.

Paint will entail blue for the belt, red for the trimmed edges of the Colossus cap, and yellow to cover the trimmed surfaces of the wing bracket.

Hello all just a quick question today and hooping someone can help me out/that I've asked in the right place:

I was curious if the blue of the torso of Glenn from the Walking Dead series 2 (w/nerd zombie, unbuttoned blue shirt) is a decent colour match with the blue of the arms of Carina from the Pirates of the Caribbean mates?

• 4 months later...

I don't have them in hand, but they sure look close on MMDB.

I also have a question: does anyone know of green legs with brown "boot tops?" I know there are the Platoon mates, and first appearance Blade, but those all have shoelaces/details in front. i want pure brown. Does such an animal exist?