UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST SDCC 2021 Exclusives

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure we're going to revisit this packaging design. It was originally concepted for Walgreens, I believe, but we're working on a new six-pack design that's more collector-friendly that would make this obsolete. So you may have to enjoy it as a one-off! Or two-off, counting NBX -- sorry I have no images of that one. 

As a completist, I don't have a problem with six-packs. That said, it'll suck for army-building characters who only show up once per assortment. I'm currently putting together a team of Black Widows (thanks to Walgreens' clearance) and it's bad enough having spare Taskmasters laying around. I wouldn't need extra Red Guardians and Yelenas.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Very cool but it looks like quite a bit of air was shipped. That's not pallet-friendly packaging. ShabbyFarBurro-size_restricted.gif

Meaning we use more pallets than smaller packaging would have? Fair enough. If we were worried about extra space in our packaging, we would have retired the Select packaging a long time ago. (It's basically retired now,  except for Marvel, Iron Giant and Zim.) And this packaging is now retired because it takes up a lot of shelf space and can't be hung on a peg. But if we REALLY wanted to save space, we'd ship everything in plastic bags. :)

2 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Meaning we use more pallets than smaller packaging would have? Fair enough. If we were worried about extra space in our packaging, we would have retired the Select packaging a long time ago. (It's basically retired now,  except for Marvel, Iron Giant and Zim.) And this packaging is now retired because it takes up a lot of shelf space and can't be hung on a peg. But if we REALLY wanted to save space, we'd ship everything in plastic bags. :)

as long as it's a clear bag. no more blind bags! ?

7 hours ago, MisterPL said:

As a completist, I don't have a problem with six-packs. That said, it'll suck for army-building characters who only show up once per assortment. I'm currently putting together a team of Black Widows (thanks to Walgreens' clearance) and it's bad enough having spare Taskmasters laying around. I wouldn't need extra Red Guardians and Yelenas.

It might mean less army-builders in six-packs, but perhaps exclusive army builders sets can be offered through other channels. 

• 1 month later...

Yes, the webstore warehouse finally got the NBX and Marvel SDCC sets. 

I believe they still have the G.I Joe and Transformers sets, and everything new up for pre-order. Now we just need to get Series 81 listed!

Edited by DSTZach