UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST SDCC 2021 Exclusives

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of making anyone feel like a 12-year-old, let's remember that there's another significant player in a BHM/DST Marvel Minimates exclusive. That would be Marvel. Chef Duff didn't have to worry about licensor approval since he was the licensor.

As for AIM Agents, there's this show coming out soon that is just screaming for AIM Minimates.

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I shan't give up but this is obviously not the right platform for my discussion. 

As someone with 25 years of dealing with Marvel Licensing under his belt, I can't disagree. But I'd definitely start with talking to Luke (as your distributor) and then Marvel. Get them on board and I'm sure DST will listen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 12:29 AM, DSTZach said:

The Avengers scene the SDCC Marvel set is based on gets some good screentime in the Loki premiere. So that's cool. Great episode!

Very true. I'm such a sucker for all the nostalgic moments. 

Speaking of- any discussion about Loki assortments? TVA agents would be fun army builders

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nandoninny said:

i'm listening to the video now and the only minimates news is that they're not abandoning the line but that they are rethinking the approach to how they're released.

we'll see what that means and i was happy it got mentioned.

That's good news. Maybe they're moving to 6-packs, which would be fine with this completist and probably retailers but not so much for the apple-pickers.

Anything but blind packaging.

9 hours ago, spidermatt said:

Are they good changes or bad changes for walgreens?

I've heard that the toy buyer at Walgreens who was responsible for most of their exclusives is no longer with the company. I've not had any problems with the Minimates, but their Marvel Legends exclusives have been a bit of a mess this year.

• 2 weeks later...

While we wait for the SDCC box sets to make their way across the Pacific, how about a giveaway? I've got four of the red 2005 San Diego Comic-Con promo blanks. If you don't have one, and you WANT one, sound off, and I'll pick four winners at random. 

HAIL IVAN!

fig0344flg.jpg

Edited by DSTZach