UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shang Chi Movie Mates

mc2109

I just generally find it amazing that Marvel decided to do Eternals in the first place. They own all of Jack Kirby's best IP's and they chose to make a movie out of his worst comic book. Part of me thinks it was in an effort to compete with Warner Bros. Fourth World movie, which ultimately fell through. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I just generally find it amazing that Marvel decided to do Eternals in the first place. They own all of Jack Kirby's best IP's and they chose to make a movie out of his worst comic book. Part of me thinks it was in an effort to compete with Warner Bros. Fourth World movie, which ultimately fell through. 

I don't think even Warner bros thought the fourth world movie would happen 

• 10 months later...
Spoiler

Anson Mount-Black Bolt is canon! YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE SHOW NOW!

(except you definitely don't have to watch the show now)

Ha. The Inhumans. The show that tried to save budget by A) shaving Medusa's hair, B ) keeping Triton out of the picture until the very end, C) deciding midway to forget Gorgon's hooves in favor of... big boots? and D) just by being really, really s****y. 

Weirdly, they burned through cash getting Lockjaw on screen and shooting in Hawaii, so who knows WTF they were thinking about budget?

(but also, Lockjaw was injured for most of the show IIRC, so even he wasn't immune to plot-based savings shenanigans)