UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sentinel Madness

elhonez

51151662761_a637eab47f.jpg

I was going through my X-Minis, and recognized that I may have a serious Sentinel addiction (Not pictured: MAX Sentinel ).

In seriousness, these are pretty fun to re-visit. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. Like the boots of the first army builder release not working with the flight stand, but the rocket fists being a novel idea that would be cool to bring back. Or for classic Sentinel fans, the pros and cons of the under-armor designs of the original army builder vs. the two most recent releases (Wave 59 / TRU 19). 

The DOFP Sentinel has by far my favorite color scheme, but its triangular chest feature is definitely comic-specific. The color scheme of the original is a close second, and it has the most accurate head gear, but I also really like the boots and capture-coils of the most recent releases. I'm thinking about doing some mixing and matching, I'll see how well the colors play together.

And if I were to want another Sentinel in the next few years, it would be the New Mutants design. Here's Cannonball being a... baller.

Sentinels.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah, I've made peace with the scale limitations, but I totally get the reservations about buying bigger characters. Ex: It's weird to have Galactus, with a mini-Surfer attached to his shoulder, standing next to a full-sized Silver Surfer.

I kept messing around with those Sentinels. I ended up hacking an "ultimate classic sentinel" from Wave 33 & Wave 59 parts. Pretty solid looking. The W59 pelvis has a printed design, and it's got those classic Sentinel moon boots. But the W33 helmet is the only accurate one, and its limb colors are much more vibrant. FWIW: the W59 boots & gloves are "close enough" to match the pelvis & torso coloration of W33.

They look so cool together like that. 
I've been thinking about pairing back my collection and maybe letting go of a few waves and some army builders, but this is convincing me to keep all of my Sentinels!