UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superhero Squad, Galactic Heroes, Transformers Robot Heroes

jcastick

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me and they look a little ugly imo. To each his own. I feel a bit the same way about those Galactic Heroes.

I just don't like how the humans look, everything else looks all right and actually like a few. I'm just not swayed enough to get them

Edited

Not me and they look a little ugly imo. To each his own. I feel a bit the same way about those Galactic Heroes.

I just don't like how the humans look, everything else looks all right and actually like a few. I'm just not swayed enough to get them

Edited

+1

They just look too odd for me. I'll be staying away.

Just had to laugh at the irony of a few Minimate collectors thinking SS look funny.

One of my friends bought me the Cap/Hawkeye set. They are pretty cool. Very smooth. Not overboard, but mostly balanced. Tempted to buy more. Saw the Ghost Rider/Punisher set and had to laugh; Punisher had a bazooka - because bazooka's are more appropriate for little children than regular guns ;)

Just one important thing to note: Hawkeye and Thor right off the bat. I'm just sayin'.

Hate 'em. I think they are crap. Paint apps are horrendous and the sculpts suck. Is Hasbro doing these? If they are, they definitely aren't using the same quality standard into these as the Galactic Heroes line. Looks like shitty Toy Biz quality to me.

SHOCKINgly Inferior. ;)

Just one important thing to note: Hawkeye and Thor right off the bat. I'm just sayin'.

I thought the same thing, as well. I wonder if these selling through well will encourage AA/DST to do more classic characters that aren't up-to-the-second current in the comics or movie licenses.

They have pictures of the first two waves, and the Fantastic Four figures that will probably be in the third wave.

Being a huge Fantastic Four fan, I gotta say it pisses me off to no end when they do 2 or 3 of the four. I know Invisible Woman could show up in a later wave, but that's what they did with Figure Factory and they cancelled the line before the last wave with Sue showed up in my area. Anybody have an Invisible Woman Figure Factory???

On topic, the Superhero Squad Fantastic Four Three look awesome!

Check out this link for pictures:

Super Hero Squad on Hasbro's site

They have pictures of the first two waves, and the Fantastic Four figures that will probably be in the third wave.

The copy on the Surfer/Torch page reads, "Two-pack of chunky figures includes Invisible Woman and Dr. Doom figures." So they probably just haven't posted the picture yet. I think it's a sure bet IW will be in this wave because there are four sets to a wave, and they don't seem to be shy about releasing female characters – Wasp and Electra both made the cut for wave 2.

I have to say, that chromed-out Surfer figure looks awesome. I can't wait to see the exclusive they do for Comic Con...

Bearing in mind I've been here since the start of Minimates.

Superhero Squad look amazing. It'll come down to whether the articulation puts people off. I'm betting, if they (me included) find them in major toy stores, BIG success.

Somebody help me understand these things, please. I can see the logic of buying these if you are an adult collector who collects toys for posing only, but what is the draw for kids? Toy manufacturers are always yapping about how they cater to the children's market, but what kid over 3 wants an "action figure" that doesn't move, or is permanently attached to its base? When I was a kid, I damn sure didn't want a toy to stand on a shelf. I wanted to play with it.

Somebody set my poor wayward soul straight. :/

I finally saw these at Target tonight. $5 a pack! That's almost a buck cheaper than Galactic Heroes. Very cool. I was going to pick up Cap/Hawkeye, but the 2 packs they had weren't very good in the paint apps department. On one, Hawkeye's "H" on his head was waaay off center and on the other, Cap's ear paint was all over the side of his mask/cowl. They look pretty flippin' sweet though. I'm surprised that there aren't any variants though. A blue skinned Archangel would've been cool.

Thanks for the info on the Invisible Woman, guys. You can bet your ass I'm going to pick up that whole wave!

When's the Spidey wave gonna be announced? It can't be too far off...

Somebody help me understand these things, please. I can see the logic of buying these if you are an adult collector who collects toys for posing only, but what is the draw for kids? Toy manufacturers are always yapping about how they cater to the children's market, but what kid over 3 wants an "action figure" that doesn't move, or is permanently attached to its base? When I was a kid, I damn sure didn't want a toy to stand on a shelf. I wanted to play with it.

Somebody set my poor wayward soul straight. :/

I don't know a good answer for you but remember back in the olden days when those small plastic green army men were popular? I think it may be something related to that. I had some when I was younger and they entertained the heck out of me. Sometimes all a kid needs is just their childlike imagination (I'm not saying you don't have one, minivenom ;)). The cuteness factor doesn't hurt either. I can understand why it doesn't appeal to some people. I saw them at Target, they caught my eye, was about to buy a set, but then stopped myself when I realized I couldn't do much with them myself. If I was younger though, I think these would appeal to me more. Personally, I'm just spoiled by articulation and wanting more from toys. I probably will get a set, but it will have to depend on character and how that character translates to the Superhero Squad mold.

On a side note, I'm very shocked a Spider-Man figure was not in the two waves. Honestly, that's the most probable figure that I'll buy.

Anybody seen any of these at Target yet? Or are they just a TRU Exclusive thing? Those Spider-Man 3 ones look great. I love the Symbiote Spider-Man!

Saw the whole series 1 & 2 at Wal-Mart.

I saw them at Target and passed on them. They just look too odd to me. Way too childish looking....this coming from a man who buys toys.

So yeah, I'm picked some up at Target. They had all of series 1 there.

I was happy to discover that the shoulders and waists on these characters swivel, something Galactic Heroes are missing.

And minivenom, I can't help you much, since I am an adult collector. heh. And my kids, older they are, are so not into toys (*sob*). My guess is that most of the sales of these guys go to adult collectors, or nostalgic adults looking to gift younger children.

The cuteness must sell, look at Spider-Man and Friends. The small size does allow a kid to put an army in his backpack. Just some stray thoughts.