UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superhero Squad, Galactic Heroes, Transformers Robot Heroes

jcastick

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Wasn't sure where to put this, but thought I'd ask here with all you SHS afficionados.

My local Tesco has the Marvel Superhero Squad Avengers Super City in a deal and I wondered how suitable it was for Minimates? I like the idea of having a fold-up playset to use, but if the scale is too wrong then I'll pass.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo...number=HMV82364 (link provided to show the set I mean)

Thanks for any help :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Did Hasbro give a release date for the SHIELD Hellicarrier? I don't remember a date given out at Toy Fair.

Not sure when we will see the helicarrier but when the heck are new figures going to start shipping? The Reptile, Thor, et. al. wave has been clogging up pegs for a couple of months now! I'm dying for Hepzibah!

Did Hasbro give a release date for the SHIELD Hellicarrier? I don't remember a date given out at Toy Fair.

Not sure when we will see the helicarrier but when the heck are new figures going to start shipping? The Reptile, Thor, et. al. wave has been clogging up pegs for a couple of months now! I'm dying for Hepzibah!

Has Hepzibah actually been announced for release? I know she was shown with Warpath at a Con last year, but i was starting to worry that the X-Force 4-pack was gonna get cancelled.

I think I might try to put together parts from two Hellicarriers to extend the flight deck and make it more proportional with the comic version, and a better size for a minimates display. It will need a repaint too of course. I can't wait!

• 5 months later...

I've got all my x-men characters and am still quite into them. They are posing next to my Marvel Legends Spiral, Longshot & Mojo as though they were x-babies.

I think they look pretty good . . . BUT it's been a long time since i've seen an x-character released. They cancelled Hepzibah & Warpath, and the only new x-character announced for this year is Polaris and she seems to be a Scarlet Witch with a red for green paint swap.

The line seems to have taken a bit of a back seat to the Marvel Universe line recently :(

• 7 months later...

no free shipping :( i did get them to combine shipping on a whole bunch of these and other SHS & Minimates (some John Stewarts).

It's a shame the paints a bit shabby, because the sculpt (particularly on Hepzibah) is fantastic.

• 4 months later...

Hasbro and Marvel have announced they will expand their line based on <b>Marvel Super Hero Squad</b>, with new action figures, playsets and plus debuting at the New York Toy Fair:

Hasbro, Inc. continues to grow and expand its long-term strategic partnership with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, as the global branded play company announces an expanded line of products in its MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES line. The MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES brand, which launched under the PLAYSKOOL banner in Fall 2011 based on the popular MARVEL SUPER HERO SQUAD animated program, will bring new excitement from the MARVEL Super Hero Universe to preschoolers and fans of all ages in 2012.

With MARVEL SUPER HERO SQUAD airing beginning January 30th on The Hub television network — a joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications — Hasbro will feature an expanded line of MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES toys including plans for new action figures, playsets, vehicles, role-play and plush. Some of the new MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES products will debut during the American International Toy Fair, to be held February 12th – 14th, 2012 in New York City, with even more to come during the rest of the year.

"We look forward to an exciting and growing line of MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES toys in 2012 to capture the excitement of the world's best-known Super Heroes, which kids will be able to watch every weekday on The Hub," said Eric Nyman, Senior Vice President, Hasbro, Inc. "MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES is an ideal way to introduce the Marvel Universe to our youngest fans."

"Marvel is thrilled to continue and expand our relationship with Hasbro for MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES and the MARVEL SUPER HERO SQUAD brand," said JoAnn McLaughlin, Executive Vice President Merchandising – Hard Lines for Marvel. "With the exciting new products debuting in 2012, we're confident that MARVEL SUPER HERO ADVENTURES will reach more Marvel fans than ever before."

Bah - beaten to it. Damn the time difference.

So - do we think we'll be seeing more of the same style of figures? or will this be a format reboot as well? Possibly something more articulated to try and compete with Playskool marvel heroes?