Superhero Squad, Galactic Heroes, Transformers Robot Heroes

jcastick

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/H...roes_111419.asp

Kill. Me. Now.

Hopefully these will be the first to flop. But then we might not see GI Joes. :(

Dear God.

I hate that movie!

Really? I'm not a fan of kids' movies generally, but I love almost everything that Pixar has done, particularly the Toy Story films and Brad Bird's stuff. However, I do agree that the Toy Story figures linked there suck (I think that all Superhero Squad figures suck, though).

• 7 months later...

heres my SHS Armory collection

My recent hauls together with my updated collection

Iron Man Hall of Armor - Tony Stark, Iron Man (Silver Centurion Armor), Iron Man (Hulkbuster Armor), Iron Man (Variant 1st Appearance Grey Armor)

SuperheroSquadIronMan01.jpg

SuperheroSquadIronMan02.jpg

SuperheroSquadIronMan10.jpg

Together with the Silver 1st appearance armor

SuperheroSquadIronMan07.jpg

Iron Man Hall of Armor Deep Red(Variant) Hulkbuster Iron Man, Hulk Super Hero Squad Two-Packs Wave 1 WWH Hulkbuster 2 and Iron Man Hall of Armor Hulkbuster Iron Man Face Off

SuperheroSquadIronMan09.jpg

Deep Red(Variant) Silver Centurion Iron Man, Iron Man Face Off Classic Armor, and Silver Centurion Iron Man Face Off

SuperheroSquadIronMan08.jpg

Iron Man Hall of Armor-Tony Stark

Collectors Pack 1 - Daredevil (yellow costume), U.S. Agent, Dark Phoenix, War Machine, Johnny Storm (version 1), Thing (pants/white shoes), Hulk (green/blue pants), Spider-Man (Lunging/light blue)

SuperheroSquadIronMan03.jpg

SuperheroSquadIronMan04.jpg

SuperheroSquadIronMan05.jpg

Collectors Pack 1 War Machine, Wave 2 MA Iron Man and Avengers Face-Off! Gold Variant MA Iron Man(TRU Exclusive)

SuperheroSquadIronMan11.jpg

Iron Man Face Off War Machine and Avengers Assemble Iron Spidey

SuperheroSquadIronMan06.jpg

Mega Pack Fin Fang Foom Classic Armor and Mega Pack Giantman Ultimate Iron Man

SuperheroSquadIronManGroup.jpg

Group Shot!

B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the combat heroes yesterday too. I got the SDCC exclusive set with Snake Eyes and Timber becasue I was planning on collecting these and I thought the SDCC set wass cool but when I saw wave 1 yesterday I was disappointed, each set is one character I would want and one that I don't, but even the even then I just wasn't very impressed with the look of these so I will be passing on them.

I really dislike these toys (I understand they are great for kids, but. . .). But, as I mentioned elsewhere, I'm getting Zartan and Firefly--in fact, they are on their way to me from HTS as I type. Those are really great.

Also, I saw some of the Iron Man ones on sale at Wal-Mart the other day. I think it was a 4 pack and was selling for 6 dollars.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the first wave of GI Joe Combat Heroes today. I had 'em in my hand, but couldn't bring myself to pay $21 for six of those little guys. They're pretty cool though. The paint apps looked A LOT better than the latest Marvel offerings too.

When I first started collecting Galactic Heroes/Superhero Squad they were like $5.88/$5.99 at Wal-Mart/Target. Anybody else think $7 a pack is a little steep for what you get?

I saw the first wave of GI Joe Combat Heroes today. I had 'em in my hand, but couldn't bring myself to pay $21 for six of those little guys. They're pretty cool though. The paint apps looked A LOT better than the latest Marvel offerings too.

When I first started collecting Galactic Heroes/Superhero Squad they were like $5.88/$5.99 at Wal-Mart/Target. Anybody else think $7 a pack is a little steep for what you get?

I got the Zartan and Firefly packs from HTS a few weeks ago for 20% off and free shipping, so it came out to around $6 each, I think. Price was a tad high, but worth it for those two figures. I like them for what they are. I particularly like the effect of Zartan's semi-translucent armor. They can afford to do this on these Superhero Squad figs, but not on the 25th Anniversary release?

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a couple new Galactic Heroes sets today. The newest wave is based on the Clone Wars and one of the ones I got today was Anakin on the STAP and it is so AWESOME. I wish that their were more small vehicles like this for these toys becasue as you can see from this picture it is just SWEET!

post-1769-1225773405_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Resurrecting this thread for a bit of a rant:

According to posters on the Fwoosh, new Marvel Heroes 2-packs have shown up in Wal-mart's computer for future release. The include a new Iron Man / MODOK 2-pack.

MODOK is going to be a deformed Marvel plastic paperweight Marvel hero figure before we get him as a Minimate. Clearly we now have to go burn down Hasbro* to "encourage" Diamond to make our MODOK Minimate.

Who's with me? And do you have torches we could use?

*I do not condone any actual burning of Hasbro, their workers or their property. Just stabbing their employees in the parking lot.

The solution to this glaring omission is this:

DST needs to sell out lots and lots of cash. Draw your own conclusions.

(Still trying to figure out the physics of transmuting MODOK into Minimate form... :confused:)

As was discussed elsewhere, I think the Slimer figure is a good starting point for a Modok. Though he necessarily wouldn't (shouldn't) resemble the typical Minimate, I think he could be really excellent, and a welcome addition to the Mini-ranks.

... which leaves the (annoying) question of why Hasbro is releasing a mini-MODOK while DST isn't (yet). Frankly, I hate pondering this question.

Usually I tend to love mini figures with a passion, but something about Hasbro Heroes just (SPOILERED for the possible controversy of my personal opinion)

leaves a horrible, horrible, horrible taste in my mouth. It's not (just) the availability or character diversity of these that bothers me though. What I highly dislike is the idea of these toys catering to older collectors. The kid-friendliness and borderline-kitsch factor of these I can stomach, but the fact that Hasbro seems to be doing all it can to pander to serious-collector-types as well (like releasing so many "makes-perfect-sense" essential characters in the first wave) just strikes me as mildly insulting.

Then again, perhaps I only say this because I've been spoiled rotten by Stikfas, urban vinyl minis (Qee, Kidrobot, etc.) and of course Minimates. More or less these lines manage to maintain some semblance of individuality (Stikfas thru their interchangeability, urban vinyl thru their inherent artsy-ness, Minimates thru both)... all niche products naturally (two of them just barely successful in terms of sellability)

Phew, I can't believe I actually managed to get that off my chest.

And now I know NorthRaider is a vinyl collector. We'll have to talk soon...

So, NR, are you sure your main gripe isn't born from jealousy? Could it be that you dislike the Squad because Mattel is doing what Diamond can't?

... Right on the nail, Cappy :lol:

Okay, I realize my sour graping earlier comes across as either pretty bad or borderline hypocritical on so many levels (hence the spoiler). I did concede that SHS is indeed doing a lot of things we wish DST and other companies would do, especially given all the weirdness that's been going on with the other toylines I collect lately (Stikfas appears to be going on a major decline, Kidrobot's series choices seem to be getting more and more obscure, Toy2r is going overboard with the Kozik product, and everything else urban vinyl is getting nigh pricey. I'm looking at you, Tokidoki) which eventually led me to focus on collecting Minimates full-time. A shell-shocked transition, if you will.

Still, this remains a matter of personal taste and I still can't quite see myself getting addicted to Hasbro Heroes (oh, the constant temptation I put up with whenever I see that SHS Black Bolt warming the shelves...) I personally don't believe I should start pursuing it as a hobby just because of its abundance on the shelves (I'm still naive/crazy enough to believe DST rewards patience), I still prefer the Minimate design to the Hasbro Heroes one. Although I respect anybody else who collects these and I (now) know better than to ridicule their hobby to their face.

... man, I should probably get some fresh air or something. :P

• 1 month later...

is the Ben Reilly Spider-Man with Carnage pretty tough to get? I haven't seen them popping up on ebay. I'm just getting into these and sticking with only the Spider-Man variants...and the spider-woman cause she's too cute to pass up.

• 3 weeks later...

finally snagged him off ebay yesterday for $4 shipped. I know have a classic, black, iron, web armor, scarlet spider, and sensational spider-man figures. My SHS "Hall of Spider-suits" is complete...I think.

• 1 month later...

Are my eyes deceiving me...

post-2659-1250188774_thumb.jpg

... or are these humongous Superhero Squad statues?

Okay, I will admit to being mildly intrigued by these. Look much better than the minis, IMHO.

EDIT: Fixed the pic.

P.S. Batgirl looks ugly as a Blammoid.

Edited by NorthRaider

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got out my SHS Iron Men today to see what I had, I thought I'd take a picture for future reference and I figured I'd share with the rest of the class:

100_1083.jpg

And what's sad is that every time I pick one of these up I think about how much I really don't like Iron Man in the comics (total jackhole). But I still keep getting these for some reason.