UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Power Rangers

I've been mentally trying to visualise what I think Power Ranger minimates would look like and for me I would prefer a slip on mask over just a tampo of the helmet on a head block.

For the most part I'm not a fan of slip on masks on figures like Spiderman etc as I think it bulks out the head too much when its supposed to be a cloth cover. Power Rangers for me are the total opposite, They have hard helmets so I prefer the bulk of the slip on mask would kind of show this.

I know that these have in no way confirmed but it was just a thought worm kinda thing that I had to get out of my head .

8 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I've never been a fan either* but the more colorful franchises seem to do well for Minimates. The costumes could be printed from the neck down leaving the only sculpted bits to be helmets, hair, and accessories. I'd only be concerned about getting complete teams.

(*I did like that last Power Rangers movie though.)

I feel the same way.

I would want to get the full team as soon as possible.

Jason (Red T-Rex), Zach (Black Mastadon), Billy (Blue Triceratops), Trini (Yellow Sabretooth Tiger) and Kimberly (Pink Pterodactyl) would be a nice 5 mate boxed set.

Could then do Tommy (Green Dragon) with Rita Repulsa and two Putties and a special two pack could be Tommy (White Tiger) with Goldar.

Or they could to is in two sets like Big Bang was handled.

Jason, Kimberly Green Tommy and Rita Repulsa in one, and then Billy, Trini, Zach & White Tommy in the second one.

Then they could branch out and do the variations of the Rangers with the various villians. 

1 hour ago, Captain Paco said:

I feel the same way.

I would want to get the full team as soon as possible.

Jason (Red T-Rex), Zach (Black Mastadon), Billy (Blue Triceratops), Trini (Yellow Sabretooth Tiger) and Kimberly (Pink Pterodactyl) would be a nice 5 mate boxed set.

Could then do Tommy (Green Dragon) with Rita Repulsa and two Putties and a special two pack could be Tommy (White Tiger) with Goldar.

Or they could to is in two sets like Big Bang was handled.

Jason, Kimberly Green Tommy and Rita Repulsa in one, and then Billy, Trini, Zach & White Tommy in the second one.

Then they could branch out and do the variations of the Rangers with the various villians. 

I love that lineup. It gets me too excited thinking about it... and that is all just from MMPR. There is potential for years worth of releases if they start dipping into the subsequent PR incarnations.

I’m just wincing a bit at the potential of a repeat of what happened to Sonic or the Star Trek Legacy line...

I hear you Donny B, I was disappointed in the Star Trek Legacy line getting dropped. There could have been so much more for the fans and collectors.

That is why I suggested we get one set out right and go from there for MMPR.

1. The little bastards always did kinda look like they have big heads so yeah I agree on the slip on helmet. 
2. That Rangers reboot movie was deeply underrated and I’m about equally sad that it’s not getting a sequel as I am that the Kelvin Star Trek films were killed off right as they figured out some form of an identity. 

1 hour ago, Trekker 42 said:

2. That Rangers reboot movie was deeply underrated and I’m about equally sad that it’s not getting a sequel as I am that the Kelvin Star Trek films were killed off right as they figured out some form of an identity. 

Same here. I was hopeful that Power Rangers would get a sequel after the Hasbro acquisition but at this rate they'd have to do a passing of the sword to a new cast.

Similarly, the Trek films seem to have fallen victim to the reunification of Paramount and CBS. As someone who feels Star Trek should have stayed on television anyway, I'd be fine if the next feature went directly to Paramount+ (AKA CBS All Access). Otherwise we'll just have to wait until Kirk shows up to relieve Captain Pike on Strange New Worlds, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Minimates are part of the license agreement. We'll just have to wait and see if DST decides it's morphin' time for the brand.

"The new range will span multiple categories of collectibles, including Gallery Diorama PVC sculptures, Premier Collection and Milestones resin statues, Legends in 3D half-scale busts and Minimates mini-figures. The first products will launch in Fall 2021 at comic shops, specialty stores and drug stores worldwide."