UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Strider said:

Thanks!

They look great and my order is in. Hopefully series 3 and 4 consist of all new characters. There are way too many Joes and Cobras to have half of each wave be version 2.0s.

Agreed. Though I do like this version of CC better than the first one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2022 at 12:53 PM, DSTZach said:

I believe Series 3 and 4 are all-new characters. I know one of my favorite Cobras is in Series 4. 

Neat. You will have to let us know which one it is after the reveal.

Edited by Strider
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Why is there so much of a price difference between transformers and gi joe? @DSTZach

GI Joe is in single blister cards, inside a footlocker. Transformers is a simple blister pack. 

We considered doing Joe in a blister pack, as well, but the temptation to do carded Minimates for the first time, especially for such an iconic carded brand, was just too great. Hope it doesn't put too many people off the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will there be an opportunity for single minimates or 2-packs with this single carded aspect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Will there be an opportunity for single minimates or 2-packs with this single carded aspect?

I would love to see this. Ao much nostalgia if I actually saw them on the pegs at a store like this. Also I would be good with 4-packs on a blister cards like Transformers. Just as long as they include file cards for each character.

I don't understand how something like this and the Transformers Minimates aren't at Walmart or Target. The crappy micro metal G.I. Joe figures were at them and as far as I know sold poorly. These would do great though in my opinion. People are loving the G.I. Joe Classified line. Put these on a peg next to them and people would gobble them up. They are a lot cooler than the over priced G.I. Joe Reaction figures that I see sitting on the pegs at Target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2022 at 11:53 AM, DSTZach said:

GI Joe is in single blister cards, inside a footlocker. Transformers is a simple blister pack. 

We considered doing Joe in a blister pack, as well, but the temptation to do carded Minimates for the first time, especially for such an iconic carded brand, was just too great. Hope it doesn't put too many people off the line.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but for any old-school G.I.Joe fan to not want single carded figs, sounds crazy to me. The card art, to me and my brother at least, was all part of the fun. We'd stare at them (front and back) for hours picking out who our favorites were, and who we thought the silhouetted characters could be for the next waves. It was a lot of fun.

We aren't getting a lot of mates at the moment, so i'm perfectly fine with paying an extra ten bucks. These look awesome to me. My only gripe is that the card art isn't in the form of a minimate. I asked DonnyB many years ago if he'd be interested in replicating the card art for me for my Joe customs, because i thought it'd look awesome.

I know I'm happy, and can't wait to see the next few waves and hopefully get a few vehicles down the road!

Cheers! your pal, Nerv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Will there be an opportunity for single minimates or 2-packs with this single carded aspect?

Possibly? I'd love to do single cards as con exclusives, but we'll have to see. Not a lot of two-packs in the works in general, although we have some designed for the mystery license.

Crystal ball is great, but I prefer the original mind-bender...

kmqRB8=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ApexPredator said:

 

Oh it’s super successful, fully backed with 8,227 in the same day with 47 days left.

I backed it even though originally I wasn't going to. It turned out even better than I was expecting so I couldn't pass it up. I just hope we get one more character as part of the stretch goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 3:44 PM, DSTZach said:

Due to the last-minute change, which kept it from appearing at SDCC, there is a new civilian character that NOBODY has ever made, as far as I know. It is a four-pack, three are Joes in new outfits. 

Wait, not Dawn Moreno, right? I think she started out as a Cobra agent, but maybe she started as a Cobra citizen, I honestly cannot recall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I would love to see this. Ao much nostalgia if I actually saw them on the pegs at a store like this. Also I would be good with 4-packs on a blister cards like Transformers. Just as long as they include file cards for each character.

I don't understand how something like this and the Transformers Minimates aren't at Walmart or Target. The crappy micro metal G.I. Joe figures were at them and as far as I know sold poorly. These would do great though in my opinion. People are loving the G.I. Joe Classified line. Put these on a peg next to them and people would gobble them up. They are a lot cooler than the over priced G.I. Joe Reaction figures that I see sitting on the pegs at Target.

ReAction figures are insulting, to me. Only reason they are successful is they are cheap as heck to make, and once the license is paid for, they just make easy money with the sheer volume. Personal opinion, but I would much rather pay for non-retro styled figures in the 4" range of TMNT, Universal Studio Monsters, etc at $30 bucks a pop, as opposed to 'barely moves' figures at $20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NavaanSilverwolf said:

Wait, no,it'd the girl from Springfield? Sorry, I wanna say her name was Candy? Or am I just mega off?

i went through my gi joe trades and Candy was what i thought fit the bill. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...