UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!


Recommended Posts

On 2/28/2022 at 2:45 AM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Yeah, I hope they don't completely stop with the plastic. I want to be able to see what I am buying. I see way too many posts of Classified figures that have been returned to stores and the figure has been swapped out with some random figure, many times not even a G.I. Joe Classified figure. 

TBF that happens more because employees aren't paying attention/don't care when things are returned, not so much because of how much they can see in the package.

I think redos will be fine, if it's something like hooded Cobra Commander or original Snake Eyes. I'm down for supporting this line and Transformers to the bitter end, so I will definitely order them regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, HellfireSamurai said:

I'm calling Ninja Force since everyone loves ninjas......

If it is; then it better come with bright neon colored weapons to match the aesthetic of the original toy line.

Don't get my hopes up for a Slice and Dice set! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if someone has mentioned it but by chance has anyone seen/compared the G.I. Joe construction sets made by Forever Clever to the size of minimates? The link says My Little Pony but it is in fact GI Joe.

https://www.foreverclever.com/copy-of-my-little-pony

I just found out about them by accident & was think of hunting some down to see if they will work. Hoping they will size like the old C3 stuff or close enough with minor mods.

Edited by HellfireSamurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I picked up the Rattler at Ollie's a couple months ago. There is no place for the figures to sit in it. Basically you got the figures and a plane they can't go in. It looks nice with the Cobra Commander standing by it, but it's on the small side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are absolutely horrible sets. I bought a few of them. The minifigures are garbage, the vehicles have to be glued together or else they fall apart. The wheel don't even turn decent on the ones that I have. The quality control is almost non existent. I do want the HISS just to have in the background though but I'm pretty sure a minimate will not fit in it.

These just make me want minimate versions of the vehicles. I am sure they would sell well enough. I would not have them look deformed though like the BTTF Delorean did. Sell them along with their driver for the same price as the 3 3/4 size vehicles and they should easily be bought up by people. G.I. Joe is a line that is just screaming to have vehicles for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I heard these are worse than early C3 sets. At least those were scaled for Minimates.

Has anyone tried seeing how Minimates scale with Hasbro's 3 3/4" vehicles? I know my Halo Minimates look pretty dang sweet inside most Star Wars vehicles since they're generally so underscaled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, Mattallica said:

im sure they are Lego size

well the figures are.

i had to see for myself so i picked up the Awestriker Surveillance Patrol  set and they are horrible;

the plastic quality of the figures is that of the old "green army men"

the bricks themselves are a  little better quality maybe megablok level but certainly not lego

the clutch power of the bricks is lacking and the designs are laughable.

the vehicles(most) are definitely not in scale with the figs not even lego "minifig scale" hell the figure cant even fit on the 3 piece  motorcycle that is meant for him to ride

avoid avoid avoid

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been looking for a 1:24 or 1:25 scale model Apache helicopter to buy so I can make a Wild Bill and give him his Dragonfly to pilot. Unfortunately the only one I can find is well over $100 and is made partly of iron. I wish I had a 3D printer and knew how to design things and print them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
20220406_155947 20220406_160001 20220406_160019

3d printed Stinger. 

Downloaded from: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4966787

Scaled to 70% and printed at .2 mm layer height which is not high detail. I just wanted to see if everything would print and fit together. 

And before anyone give me a hard time about the occupants, they are obscure characters only known to the TRUE FANS. Kor-bra Commander and Blankstro!  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Padrino said:

This is awesome! Is there a SHARC model? Also, any rec’s for a good 3D printer?

I know there is a file for the SHARC out there somewhere. There is a guy that is just finishing up a print of one that he made for the G.I. Joe Classified series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Padrino said:

This is awesome! Is there a SHARC model? Also, any rec’s for a good 3D printer?

 

11 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I know there is a file for the SHARC out there somewhere. There is a guy that is just finishing up a print of one that he made for the G.I. Joe Classified series.

I don't pay for 3d models. I download free ones and make my own in some cases. I have not seen a SHARC paid or free. Quite a lot of work goes into creating these models and if one is selling printed copies it makes business sense to keep the model to themselves. If anyone knows a free one please share.

There are models of many many vehicles but they are solid miniatures. (There is a mini sharc) If you have 3d modelling skills, you could hollow out the cockpit and make a canopy and seat, and upscale. I think that's how a lot of the 3.75 scale models that are out there now were created. I'm pretty sure the stinger above was created this way.

As far as recommending a printer, it really depends on you. I tend to buy really cheap ones. It can be a hobby in itself to tune an upgrade a cheap machine to get quality prints and I enjoy it. Others might prefer to spend more and get a better out of box experience with less fiddling. Having said that, the industry has matured and even low end machines print pretty well compared to my first printer. I suggest getting one that has a large community around it. Even better if you have an experienced friend who has the same one. Not a recommendation, but the Ender 3 is very very popular and much copied. This means that there are ready made mods to solve many problems and lots of places to get advice on the net. Definitely a lower end machine though.

Please also note there is a pinned thread in the Custom Creations and Artwork section where I've started to add links to models that work well with minimates. I'll add the Stinger and Vamp at some point.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

 

I don't pay for 3d models. I download free ones and make my own in some cases. I have not seen a SHARC paid or free. Quite a lot of work goes into creating these models and if one is selling printed copies it makes business sense to keep the model to themselves. If anyone knows a free one please share.

There are models of many many vehicles but they are solid miniatures. (There is a mini sharc) If you have 3d modelling skills, you could hollow out the cockpit and make a canopy and seat, and upscale. I think that's how a lot of the 3.75 scale models that are out there now were created. I'm pretty sure the stinger above was created this way.

As far as recommending a printer, it really depends on you. I tend to buy really cheap ones. It can be a hobby in itself to tune an upgrade a cheap machine to get quality prints and I enjoy it. Others might prefer to spend more and get a better out of box experience with less fiddling. Having said that, the industry has matured and even low end machines print pretty well compared to my first printer. I suggest getting one that has a large community around it. Even better if you have an experienced friend who has the same one. Not a recommendation, but the Ender 3 is very very popular and much copied. This means that there are ready made mods to solve many problems and lots of places to get advice on the net. Definitely a lower end machine though.

Please also note there is a pinned thread in the Custom Creations and Artwork section where I've started to add links to models that work well with minimates. I'll add the Stinger and Vamp at some point.

 

Thanks! I am aware of how hard 3D modeling can be and its a bit much for my old brain to learn right now. I appreciate those who with the technical and artistic finesse to turn these out. Especially when they are MM sized!

I got burned (metaphorically) by some bad 3d printers when they were in their early stages and stayed away since the. I will definitely look into the Ender 3. I appreciate people with personal experience given the expense of some of these machines. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I picked up a couple of the Mega Construx Call of Duty sets, and they pair pretty nicely with Minimates. I don't know how hard it is to find them (I bought them all when Toys R Us was going out of business, to give you an idea how long ago this was) but probably worth looking for if you really want some military vehicles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, SCW said:

Hasbro has Sgt. Slaughter back under contract.

Now's the time to strike DST! Get me a Sarge figure!

I was shocked to see the reveal. Valaverse has just recently released two Sgt. Slaughter figures. I honestly didn't see this coming. it was a great surprise. Now we just need to wait two years for him to be available to buy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...