UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, elhonez said:

I'd think any two of Zartan, Bludd, Firefly, or Serpentor would be likely for the next boxed Cobras, if they keep releasing them this way. Eventually, they do need to get to troopers.

Crimson Twins before 1986ers, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of box sets with 4 different army builders, e.g. a Crimson Guard, Viper, Cobra Trooper and Eel.

I might want 8 vipers, but I wouldn't necessarily want Octuplets. :D 

That said, I could see people being bummed if the Twins took up both Cobra slots in a box set. No easy way out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only minor gripe I have with the wave 2 is with Duke & Roadblock's belts & harness. Always hate when the waist articulation is lost due to the chest belts but honestly it is better than not getting the characters at all. So with that said; I'm going to need to know when these are going up for preorder so I can order 3 sets just like wave 1.

Edited by HellfireSamurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to feel like this opener will be keeping my GI Joe Minimates unopened until I can sort out what the difference is between the FCBD set and the upcoming two series. It's a little confusing to this non-Joe collector.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I'm starting to feel like this opener will be keeping my GI Joe Minimates unopened until I can sort out what the difference is between the FCBD set and the upcoming two series. It's a little confusing to this non-Joe collector.

Pretty sure the FCBD set IS the first set, with Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow; the next set has Duke, Roadblock, Baroness and Destro. Two sets have been revealed, each with two heroes and two villains, each with one female per set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Navaan said:

Pretty sure the FCBD set IS the first set, with Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow; the next set has Duke, Roadblock, Baroness and Destro. Two sets have been revealed, each with two heroes and two villains, each with one female per set.

Apparently the series numbering is separate from the FCBD set. 1 is redecoed Snake Eyes and Scarlett with the other Joes, 2 is CC and SS with the Cobras.

I'm a little concerned that double-dipping so early in the line could hurt sales, but it seems to be working pretty well for Hasbro in the Classified line.

I don't know much about GI Joe (or the other Hasbro properties), but it's definitely exciting to see all these new licenses. I'm hoping to see the Air Cav guy in the line - Wild Bill, I think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm a little concerned that double-dipping so early in the line could hurt sales, but it seems to be working pretty well for Hasbro in the Classified line.

I share that concern. DST has a long history of doing this (Star Trek 7" figures, for example) but we'll see how it works out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Series 1:GIJoeWave1-JoeSm.jpg.b2f2aba0eb3ddd9732686227513807cc.jpg

Series 2:

GIJoeWave1-CobraSm.jpg

These will be individually carded (is the plan) in a window box of four. I think between packaging and coloration differences, people will want both. These will not be at Walgreens. 

The Star Trek 7" line ran for years, BTW.

Edited by DSTZach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Series 1:GIJoeWave1-JoeSm.jpg.b2f2aba0eb3ddd9732686227513807cc.jpg

Series 2:

GIJoeWave1-CobraSm.jpg

These will be individually carded (is the plan) in a window box of four. I think between packaging and coloration differences, people will want both.

I can see the appeal, even as a non-fan.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference I see with Scarlett is the lack of a holster and a recolored belt. (Unless the blue bodysuit is darker.)

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have all the same sculpted bits from the FCBD set, just recolored.

The changes on Cobra Commander are much more significant, literally from head to toe. This must be his Casual Friday look.

Is this based on the comic or toy variants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Series 1:GIJoeWave1-JoeSm.jpg.b2f2aba0eb3ddd9732686227513807cc.jpg

Series 2:

GIJoeWave1-CobraSm.jpg

These will be individually carded (is the plan) in a window box of four. I think between packaging and coloration differences, people will want both. These will not be at Walgreens. 

The Star Trek 7" line ran for years, BTW.

This is what definitely got me back...Was bummed a little by the Cobra Commander that was released because it wasn't this version here..... Only because this is the one I've wanted for close to 20 years now, must've made at least a dozen customs of him over the years, always this version... I'll more than likely get multiples of every single release. How long before Pimp Daddy Destro, lol

But seriously, I have wishlists of lineups that will be fun to dig out and go back through again.

Top 3 wants as of now, could name 50  without blinking...

1.Gung-Ho V1 (with Dress Blues at some point)

2.Firefly

3.Starduster

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chooch consfused.  Admittedly, that happens often.  So we have:

 

FCBD Set: Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander.  Available now through Luke's, BBTS, etc.

Series 1: Re deco'd Snake Eyes, Re deco'd Scarlett, Duke, Roadblack.  Not currently available for pre-order anywhere.

Series 2: Re deco'd Cobra Commander, Re deco'd Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro.  Not currently available for pre-order anywhere.

 

Is that right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Chooch consfused.  Admittedly, that happens often.  So we have:

 

FCBD Set: Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander.  Available now through Luke's, BBTS, etc.

Series 1: Re deco'd Snake Eyes, Re deco'd Scarlett, Duke, Roadblack.  Not currently available for pre-order anywhere.

Series 2: Re deco'd Cobra Commander, Re deco'd Storm Shadow, Baroness, Destro.  Not currently available for pre-order anywhere.

 

Is that right?

From what I understand, yes, you are correct. I am excited to see the new packaging for these, even though it will probably be several months until the packaging itself is revealed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is so stupid it’s almost painful.

So there was a FCBD set that was obviously planned for May (since that is when FCBD was). I’ve had this set preordered for months.

And now I’m supposed to get excited to buy all four of those same figures a second time if I want Duke, Baroness, Destro, etc.?

DST has got to be the worst toy company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This isn't anything new to minimates or gi joe toys or numerous other toy lines. Variants, re-paints & re-releases are always gonna be something to deal with in collecting. Not everyone is gonna like it but it is part of the collecting game. In the end it is up to the individual to decide what they are willing to purchase or pass on.

Personally, I'll be buying the new ones if they make it to market since I like the darker colors on the Joes & the redo of Storm Shadow is how I would have preferred him first time & Cobra Commander is looking nice in the redo (hoping we get an alternate hooded mask). That said; I'm glad I bought the FBCD set just in case something happens & we don't get the future waves (really hope that doesn't happen but no one knows what the future holds).

Edited by HellfireSamurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swarm198 said:

This is so stupid it’s almost painful.

So there was a FCBD set that was obviously planned for May (since that is when FCBD was). I’ve had this set preordered for months.

And now I’m supposed to get excited to buy all four of those same figures a second time if I want Duke, Baroness, Destro, etc.?

DST has got to be the worst toy company.

FCBD was August or September 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm still waiting on my Joe sets I pre-ordered to arrive (should be here Monday); I visited my LCBS & they had the Joes & Transformers in shop so bought a set of Transformers that I didn't order another Joe set out of guilt for not trusting in my LCBS to get them. Lol.

Was glad to find out that Snake Eyes base is in fact molded in black so no white ball problems. Also for those who wanted an uzi for him; the Sin City Big Fat Kill set comes with one & some sellers on eBay have that set down to $10 with free shipping.

The loops on Storm Shadow's quiver & Snake Eyes bandolier are a bit small (at least on this partiular set) for the blades so be careful inserting & removing the swords so as not to break anything.

Edited by HellfireSamurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, Swarm198 said:

This is so stupid it’s almost painful.

So there was a FCBD set that was obviously planned for May (since that is when FCBD was). I’ve had this set preordered for months.

And now I’m supposed to get excited to buy all four of those same figures a second time if I want Duke, Baroness, Destro, etc.?

DST has got to be the worst toy company.

You don't have to get excited. Not everyone will. You can always sell this set and wait. We're sold out of the FCBD set, so there may be some demand. 

FCBD was in August this year, so they're a little late, but the global pandemic is disrupting shipping.

And every pre-order for DST is months. Usually six months, but sometimes more. I'm always surprised when people use a months-long pre-order as a sign of a problem. We prototype, we solicit, we gather orders, we design packaging, we begin production, we check samples, we ship them halfway around the world, then we ship them to stores.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...