UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

8 hours ago, Strider said:

I am going to keep on hoping the line continues but I am not a good judge since I still hope that somehow LOTR resurrects and I finally get that canceled wave of figures. 

I just feel dumbfounded that the line has stalled so quickly. Out of all the IPs out there not named Marvel or DC I would have thought this would have been the best fit. Crazy to think how many waves of Ghostbusters we got compared to GI Joe. Only thing I can think of is over saturation of the market killed the demand. I mean there’s Classified, Reaction, Ultimates, Mezco One:12 and Hiya. There may be even more that I am not aware of.

I’m used to my role as playing the voice of dissent here. I respectfully don’t think it’s over saturated I just don’t think it connected for a few reasons. 1. Clarity that there would be an exclusive cartoon set that would be followed up with two waves with a higher price point and odd box. 2. The two waves had half the characters from the first box set. The con exclusive was also retreads of 3 figures and a lesser known comic entity. 3. The extended (but justified) rollout. 4. Distribution/access.

Less we forget the original box set sold out same day. 

Having only 16 slots, and 11 of them being the same 4 figures, was a choice. It just makes the play pattern harder and makes it harder to justify the price point. It’s easy for me to arm chair quarter back but the footlockers should have been com exclusives and the vhs boxes should have been the mainstream buy. I am thrown that we got more Transformers done then GiJoe. I love them but the transformers mates aren’t even in the same league as the Joes. It’s odd there are more.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images