G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/25/2023 at 4:27 PM, DSTZach said:

I'm not talking about Adventure Team, I am not sure when we are offering those. I mean overall orders on Series 1 and 2 increasing.

Don't promise me the AT and not deliver.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Anybody read the new Skybound comic?

Yep. And pending on how it turns out before I get excited. Kirkman is a great writer, but he has Jeph Loeb/Brian Michael Bendis Syndrome; if it is someone else's toys, he breaks them.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:32 AM, nandoninny said:

The way they talk about visions made me think visionaries may join next

Yeah I think Mask and Jem will be pulled in somehow as well. I’m not hating it.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I can't help but feel like if they would just put out a troop pack. ANY troop. Regular, Viper, Crimson Guard, BAT, Eel...I think they would first and foremost see the sales spike as these will sell. Also I think the collector's will be more engaged to collect more of the non troop builders once they can start to really flesh out a collection or shelf.

Cobra Commander is awesome. Cobra Commander with Troops behind him and a Crimson Guard on each side is Amazeballs. I think some people are holding out on the individual characters because there are so few (less than 10 individual characters split between two factions) and maybe just maybe a troop set will give them the confidence to collect knowing there will be meat on the bone. So far the duplication of so many characters in sets and the lack of building out the rosters I think may make some people hesitant to jump in to a series that feels like it's not gonna give you much. I know its counterproductive for people to say I wont buy until I know they will give me a bunch of characters while DST is saying we wont give you a bunch of characters until we see you buy...but a troop pack gives us 1 "character" that those interested can turn in to as many troops as they wish to display. I would have a MINIMUM of 10 Cobra Troopers and easily could see more. My Cobra display could instantly with one release go from 5 characters to 15 or more. If they give us a 2pack of different troops or a 4pack then the shelf gets really full really fast and Im not complaining. The Joes may take longer to flesh out as they are individuals (Unless they want to release a greenshirt which I would take) but my Joes have Always been outnumbered by Cobra in every collection. Just seems right.

Long story short, give us troops DST!  If you make them, we will buy them.

Edited by jettstorm

It baffles me that this series is not a huge success but it could just be that most Joe fans are either not fans of minimate type figures or are oblivious to them. Hopefully it is the latter of the two and Hasbro starts showing them off on their web videos and selling them on Pulse. I really, really want this to be successful because there are so many I would love to have in minimate form. I have enjoyed the TMNT and Transformer sets that just came out and are coming out but for in my opinion the turtles and Transformers are not ideal for the minimate bodies where the Joes are perfect for them.

The price point definitely played a part in that; as cool as those figures looked with the blister cards, it jacked up the price to the point that casual GI Joe fans were less likely to take a flyer on them. But I agree, I am shocked these have struggled.

i also think splitting villians from heroes hurt this line.   it means a casual fan would need to spend $80 just to get one good guy to fight one bad guy (i know there was the fcbd set but that wasn't as available or well known).

i'm still bummed this line didn't take the world by storm.  i literally had so much excitement in it that i sold off all my joes to make room for all the minimates.  i thought we'd have tiger force by now.  here's hoping it happens. 

we're seeing the animated turtles finally and those were dead at one time.  would love a troop builder for those foot soldiers as well though!

I"m not a big fan, being more from the Adventure Team generation. I have yet to buy an Joe mates.

Cobra army builders would change that. I probably won't buy a mate from this line until one side can have CC, Destro, and an army to back them up. 2/3rds of the way there DST. Come on.

Of all the lines we've had, if this one does not scream ARMY BUILDERS!, nothing does.

100% agree that troopers are needed. They could probably do a 4 or 5 pack with just the Cobra trooper. It could be 3-4 troopers and one officer. Do as much reuse between the troopers as possible to keep the cost as low as possible. If they can put out a troop builder set like that I m ow I would be buying as many of them as I could.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

100% agree that troopers are needed. They could probably do a 4 or 5 pack with just the Cobra trooper. It could be 3-4 troopers and one officer. Do as much reuse between the troopers as possible to keep the cost as low as possible. If they can put out a troop builder set like that I m ow I would be buying as many of them as I could.

I actually think a set with a Cobra Trooper, a Viper, a Crimson Guard and a BAT, with swappable female chests for the trooper and the CG is the way to go; this forces collectors to buy multiple.

Thanks Zach! No matter what does happen we all appreciate the work you do and I know you advocate for us when you can. Tell them if they release a troop builder pack and a mixed pack with Flint, Lady Jaye, Zartan and Firefly that we will buy them and everyone will see that the line is going to expand and be worth collecting.