UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

7 hours ago, minimateship said:

i adore the Palz reviews on his site, an early block figure exposure (obviously they're a lil old now!)

I have always had trouble navigating his site, but I did a search and found a ton of (very old) Minimate reviews. I have reached out to him about revisiting the line 20 years later. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw that Hasbro is advertising the D&D minimates on their website and in their email. I wonder if they would do it for G.I. Joe. That might give the minimates a lot of exposure to people that may not be aware of them but are prone to buying G.I. Joe product, especially the retro packaged ones.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

Just saw that Hasbro is advertising the D&D minimates on their website and in their email. I wonder if they would do it for G.I. Joe. That might give the minimates a lot of exposure to people that may not be aware of them but are prone to buying G.I. Joe product, especially the retro packaged ones.

Completely this.

On 4/28/2023 at 5:24 PM, DSTZach said:

We have been having discussions. 

Great! Really, really hoping this line gets some more exposure and catches. I am loving the cartoon & comic releases so far and hope we get series 3 & 4 soon (hopefully Flint & Lady Jaye are in one of the waves).

• 2 weeks later...

It's all good. I've actually been around since the days of yore it seems. Well before DC came and went and in the time of 3" giants like Bruce Lee. I just don't usually post a lot. More of a lurker all of these years but I have close to one of every minimate ever released. Even sets I had no real interest in have gotten purchases like Desperately Seeking Susan (never seen it), 24 (never watched an episode) and iZombie (never watched it)...but I have probably 3-4 sets of each of those properties and have used many for customs. I think other than some promo or convention exclusives I'm only missing Lt. Gorman from the Aliens APC set, the ELF box set, the Netflix Iron Fist box set and the Hawkins from the Predator wave 2 blind bags. Never found those or saw a good deal on any of those.

Anyway, I'm just trying to do my part to keep minimates and in this case particularly GI Joe minimates going. I'm a huge Joe fan so this just means a lot to me. I got three new people to buy sets just this last week, 2 co-workers and cousin. None had even heard about these and once I showed them they were interested...of course every one of them asked if there were Cobra Troops to back up the Commander yet. I told them buy a set and maybe soon. 

On 5/11/2023 at 5:47 PM, jettstorm said:

It's all good. I've actually been around since the days of yore it seems. Well before DC came and went and in the time of 3" giants like Bruce Lee. I just don't usually post a lot. More of a lurker all of these years but I have close to one of every minimate ever released. Even sets I had no real interest in have gotten purchases like Desperately Seeking Susan (never seen it), 24 (never watched an episode) and iZombie (never watched it)...but I have probably 3-4 sets of each of those properties and have used many for customs. I think other than some promo or convention exclusives I'm only missing Lt. Gorman from the Aliens APC set, the ELF box set, the Netflix Iron Fist box set and the Hawkins from the Predator wave 2 blind bags. Never found those or saw a good deal on any of those.

Anyway, I'm just trying to do my part to keep minimates and in this case particularly GI Joe minimates going. I'm a huge Joe fan so this just means a lot to me. I got three new people to buy sets just this last week, 2 co-workers and cousin. None had even heard about these and once I showed them they were interested...of course every one of them asked if there were Cobra Troops to back up the Commander yet. I told them buy a set and maybe soon. 

Welcome back. And agreed, pick up sets and pray. Otherwise, we’re gonna have to beg and collect our Pennie’s to bribe Luke into doing a set. 

On 4/22/2023 at 4:33 AM, DSTZach said:

How do you think they got there? ;) 

the tendrils of your influence know no bounds! sowing those Oats indeed 😛 

I went ahead and had a look at those early minimates reviews, well worth the search for a nostalgic hit of such throwbacks as the early Marvel waves, Crouching Tiger, the Rockstars, Sauron and LOTR, Trek 3 inchers...bit of a chance to look back on the early development/reception of our favourite figures, and I'd certainly be keen for some reviews of contemporary 'mates (even if just to have all those classic reviews linked from one place :P) to see what he reckons...a great deal has changed since then after all!

Review site reviewing aside, should anyone be interested/unaware, the Joe 'mates picked up silver in both the People's Picks and the Poppies proper! a round of applause all around :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No Joe for SDCC, but I hold out hope that Joe orders will increase next month and Series 3 and 4 may get a green light.

I... hope your hope comes through, but I think the Adventure Team response was pretty universal. While a few folks seem up for it, hopefully they are the vocal majority, in the end, if I am articulating the thought correctly.

1 hour ago, Navaan said:

I... hope your hope comes through, but I think the Adventure Team response was pretty universal. While a few folks seem up for it, hopefully they are the vocal majority, in the end, if I am articulating the thought correctly.

I'm not talking about Adventure Team, I am not sure when we are offering those. I mean overall orders on Series 1 and 2 increasing.

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No Joe for SDCC, but I hold out hope that Joe orders will increase next month and Series 3 and 4 may get a green light.

I sure hope so! I really want series 3 and 4 even though I don’t even know who are in it!