UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

On 1/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, DSTZach said:

I have not heard talk of vehicles, but that would be awesome. 

Ditto army builders, but if the next few sets do well I don't see why they would not try it. 

Army builders are a need.

That said, any update on more sets? I NEED MORE JOE MINIMATES!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My thought is that if they are committing to boxed sets of four individually-carded figures, then they'd all need to be army builders so we don't end up with like 16 Major Bludds. So if it were me making those big DST bucks as a bigshot product planner, I'd alternate army waves with character waves, like Mindbender + Croc Master + Raptor + Zartan.

28 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Army builders have been discussed, but Series 3 and 4 are all uniques, and real crowd-pleasers, we're just working on release format. May shift from carded to something else. We'll see. 

Noooooooooooooooooo, please continue carded figs, they are so good!

1 hour ago, Nervous Rex said:

Agreed. The presentation is perfect.

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Army builders have been discussed, but Series 3 and 4 are all uniques, and real crowd-pleasers, we're just working on release format. May shift from carded to something else. We'll see. 

Do one set; Crimson Guard, Trooper, Viper, and BAT. Joe fans will buy multiple of that set to make a legion. I alone would buy six.

Do one set; Crimson Guard, Trooper, Viper, and BAT. Joe fans will buy multiple of that set to make a legion. I alone would buy six.

Yes. If there were only one set for army builders, these would be the Big Four.

+1000. Please, Zach! Pass on to the design team that the carded format should continue! The mini-cards make these extra-awesome, and got me off the fence to invest in this new sub-line.

For me, it is a guaranteed minimum of two sets for each wave. 100% because of the cards. I will always add even more for customs, but those are just certain figs. the cards will keep me buying multiple full sets.

@DSTZach Just a thought, Could there be an option for carded and uncarded sets? If it would make it a cheaper option to have different packaging, and have the carded figures be deluxe packaging? I'd pay more for cards all day long.

I would imagine changing packaging for a portion of the run wouldn't help with costs at all. That being said, maybe the army builder sets or modified selling option could include all 4 individual blisters attached to a single card? A sort of combination of the non-Marvel traditional 4-packs and the individual blisters. Keeping the way the figures are packed, just changing what they are packed on, my reduce some cost

I THINK price has been an obstacle for some, as cool as the packaging is. The number who buy two sets is probably not enough to counter the ones who think $40 is too expensive. And I THINK if we went to a blister-carded four-pack like Transformers, or even a VHS box, we could bring the price down. But that remains to be seen. We're also working on a new retailer customer,  so we'll see if that changes anything. 

9 hours ago, elhonez said:

I checked out a video, and just eyeball-estimating it looks like these cockpits/seats would be too small for MiniMates. Even these 1.65" figures don't fit, on account of their little "surfboards."

I think you're probably right, but they are only about $12 so I might pick one up and see.

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

I think you're probably right, but they are only about $12 so I might pick one up and see.

These are cool and a value, no doubt. At minimum nice display pieces, if only considering MiniMates compatibility. +1 to "great find" -- thanks for sharing!