UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

28 minutes ago, AugieWargo said:

Personally, I think I'd be fine with neck loops.  I'd even be fine with it being like the piece that attaches the Wasp's wings.  I personally would rather have no backpacks than a big gaping hole in the torso block.

It could be an outy instead of an inny.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/12/2022 at 6:04 AM, DSTZach said:

I think it would start to either weaken the neck, or compromise the waist peg hole, or both. There may also be more moving parts involved in the tool, since it's a horizontal insert, rather than a vertical one. Not sure. BUT I'm sure it was considered.

it's so cool to be reminded that there's a bunch of boys (&other folks) in the lab doing, drawing and going back to the drawing board on perhaps the most important engineering of all 😛

On 11/12/2022 at 6:08 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Chest blocks / torso blocks seem to be an area that 'the powers that be' don't wish to be too ambitious with .  That said there are exceptions to my perception /that rule but not too many I can actually think of ....can you ? 

I actually typed my reply before I saw Zach's comment ... I leave  my opinion.

On this note, and not to derail (and sorry to double post) but sooooo many of my favourite Pals reviews rave about the fact that female chests were moulded in that line, something I find more odd as the years go on/I age... perhaps this is more a factor of the early thousands though and less genuine appreciation/comparison with the plain mate block. 

Personally I really like how egalitarian the minimate block is (I keep picturing it as an engine block as I type, so central it is) and that detail is all conveyed in line and ink BUTT (headsmate) I also absolutely bloody adore the exceptions to the rule: the clear torsos (I believe one of the earliest examples might be zombie spidey), the mutilated zombies of walking dead, the long and lanky middle of mr jack skellington...

but now I'm thinking of the best chest in mates (my gosh one could take me delightfully outta context throughout this post) the ones I enjoy the most and like, from Cylon to Spiderslayer to chestburster they're all bolt-ons and ponchos, as it were...which is to say I think these powers-that-be (love that bit of parlance for those anonymous heroes behind the scenes) won't be re-inventing any wheels on a backpack basis

I do love how you Joe folks know what you like though it's good discourse indeed and as ever I learn a lot ITT

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, luke314pi said:

Series 1 was not on my ship list for next week, so I'm guessing we'll receive it on the 30th. 

Crossing my fingers. I can't believe it is taking so long for them to be shipped to retailers yet we have had numerous Transformers sets shipped out even though both lines were announced the same day.

Enjoy! I love both sets.

On 11/26/2022 at 2:44 AM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Crossing my fingers. I can't believe it is taking so long for them to be shipped to retailers yet we have had numerous Transformers sets shipped out even though both lines were announced the same day.

To be fair, I think the Joe FCBD set came out before the TF sets. But hopefully Series 2 follows close on Series 1's heels. 

just picked up my set -- can't wait to get them home!

the packaging is cool.

i would prefer something more environmentally friendly but would keep this for con exclusives or something.

Larry Hama is supposed to come to a con here next year so i'll probably keep the snake eyes carded so i can get it signed.

4 hours ago, hellpop said:

Got my set from Luke yesterday but I can't bring myself to open them. Too dang cool.

i opened mine with an exacto knife so that i could fold the front flap open, remove the figure and accessories, and then close it up again.  i just don't want to throw away this awesome packaging.

19 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Early question ...it'll take some while before I get these....  which 'stock ' clamshells or acrylic cases fit these please?

They are obviously smaller in size, but the protective cases for the 3.75 inch Star Wars characters *should* work. If that is what you are asking about.

19 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Early question ...it'll take some while before I get these....  which 'stock ' clamshells or acrylic cases fit these please?

Clamshells? What a fintastic idea! Let minnow if you find a seacret stash.

My cod, these ocean puns are krilling me. Am I just fishing for laughs? Dolpinately.

2 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

They are obviously smaller in size, but the protective cases for the 3.75 inch Star Wars characters *should* work. If that is what you are asking about.

'Clamshells' was ,I thought, the correct international name for a clear plastic case ?

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

Clamshells? What a fintastic idea! Let minnow if you find a seacret stash.

My cod, these ocean puns are krilling me. Am I just fishing for laughs? Dolpinately.

I'm not going to bite .

All I wanted to know was the dimensions of the GI Joe packaged 'mates :dry:.......

.....before I find a plaice to perches them