UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

52 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Zartan seems pretty certain, and maybe Firefly and Bludd? Probably not Road Pig and Thrasher, unfortunately.

OK, we're doing it! My shoe-ins (less B-listers). There are actually 13:

Zartan, Bludd, Tomax, Xamot, Copperhead, Firefly, Scrap-Iron, Serpentor, Mindbender, Big Boa, Croc Master, Raptor, Crystal Ball.

Bonus Round: Wild Weasel is technically a "driver," but he's important.

Caveat: I will acknowledge that I might be stretching by including Raptor & Crystal Ball as "musts."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, elhonez said:

And his bio was consistent with the trend of villainizing accountants, orthodontists, and MBAs. I have a pet theory that Larry Hama's parents must not have approved of his career choices, and he was working that out through all the Cobra bios...

That is brilliant.

15 hours ago, elhonez said:

I like that you name-checked the main Dreadnoks, we could easily get up to 6 Cobra waves before hitting army builders.

(but I hope we see them sooner)

Exactly. A very deep character roster, and I feel the Dreads need those five (Zartan, Zarana, Buzzer, Ripper, Torch) to feel complete. If you wanna add more, I put in Road Pig, Zandar, Burnout, Heartwrencher, Zanya, Gnawhyde, Thrasher, Monkeywrench, Zanzibar as the remaining in most important to least important order. While Burnout, Heartwrencher and Zanya are newer characters, they add diversity, which is mega important IMHO.

Also, saw your quote; I made a Shang Chi out of some random martial arts looking pants I had (like from a gi), and then Ryu with some different hair and sneakers. Serviceable, but would love a legit one.

Edited by Navaan

I have a recipe in mind for Shang-Chi, but I haven't done it on principle. He deserves the royal treatment! 

(plus I'd struggle with those little circles on his sleeves and gi pants)

But [ahem] GI Joe! Red Ninjas! (there! back on topic!)

I just bought a couple of Hand ninjas and called it good... NOT THAT I WOULD MIND BUYING ACTUAL RED NINJAS!

But if they were going to do a troop builder, dream one for me would be-

Viper, Cobra Trooper, BAT, Crimson Guard. Do a 4 pack, add some swap out pieces to make a Trooper officer or a female Crimson Guard and female Trooper torso and head, price it at 40-50 bucks and It will sell JUST fine. I would buy five of them, myself.

I think Ryu, Ken, and lightly-modified Thunderbird hair would get you most of the way to Shang-Chi.

I can think of two more sets worth of "must-have" Cobras, and the eighth figure is Cobra Commander Fred, which might be stretching things. I think the line will get to to army builders sooner rather than later.

I know as an obscure driver, Thrasher's never going to happen, and even Road Pig's not terribly likely, but they've got my favourite designs of any Joe characters.

43 minutes ago, TM2 Dinobot said:

We needs a Gamesmaster 4-pack set. Flame Bikini Barroness and Golf Weekend Flint when please? 

G.I. Joe: The Gamemaster - Morgan Richtergi joe the gamesmaster for Sale OFF 72%GI Joe Figures that will probably never be made - The Fwoosh Forums

?

I'll take one... these could be great con exclusives.... i want one from the Viper episode and cold slither too !!!

On 7/16/2022 at 7:33 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I think Ryu, Ken, and lightly-modified Thunderbird hair would get you most of the way to Shang-Chi.

I can think of two more sets worth of "must-have" Cobras, and the eighth figure is Cobra Commander Fred, which might be stretching things. I think the line will get to to army builders sooner rather than later.

I know as an obscure driver, Thrasher's never going to happen, and even Road Pig's not terribly likely, but they've got my favourite designs of any Joe characters.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:24 PM, nandoninny said:

Road pig would be awesome! Can’t be too hard to customize though.   

I mean, I made mine!

20220718_002255.jpg

OK, don't beat me up too bad over this pic...But, this is what I'd hope to eventually do with minimates...I started tracking these down before i ever knew there'd be minimates, or I may not have. I also have built a bunch of the vehicles, and am working on the GI Joe Headquarters. Still a bit to go for that though. A few little mods and i was able to fit minimates into the vehicles i made, and they actually look a little more in scale, so bonus ?

52187295233_ff9969c21e_b.jpg

14 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

OK, don't beat me up too bad over this pic...But, this is what I'd hope to eventually do with minimates...I started tracking these down before i ever knew there'd be minimates, or I may not have. I also have built a bunch of the vehicles, and am working on the GI Joe Headquarters. Still a bit to go for that though. A few little mods and i was able to fit minimates into the vehicles i made, and they actually look a little more in scale, so bonus ?

52187295233_ff9969c21e_b.jpg

Great work and collection, but... No Baroness? Scarlett? Lady Jaye? Cover Girl? Zarana?

On 7/19/2022 at 8:30 PM, Navaan said:

Great work and collection, but... No Baroness? Scarlett? Lady Jaye? Cover Girl? Zarana?

Not yet...for a few reasons...not in any particular order...

-The cost of these custom figures is very high ( based on reactions of the minimates price increases, you guys would flip). So, my priority is to go literally by my own character ranking.

-Based on my own Ranking, female characters are not near the top. I don't tend to collect many,if any, female characters. For me, anything i collect (except mezco 0ne:12) is based purely on nostalgia, and/or memories of my brother and I playing in the backyard, or in our bedroom. Those are the characters i love the most.

-disclaimer, lol... I love women, I just don't need toys of them ? My wife has even been compared to the Baroness (coincidentally,  by some folks on this board) I will buy every GI Joe minimate, and will proudly display the ladies, but in my head there's other characters I'd have preferred in those slots.?

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure, I think we're waiting for Series 1 to hit before we put any more up for pre-order or reveal. We try to do one on sale, one on pre-order, one revealed. Hence TF Series 4 being revealed. For Joe, nothing has been released from that series yet.

But you will find out about the NYCC set in September.

Edited by DSTZach