UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks fellas... Zach, same for me... i think it was his killer backpack. I used him for every backyard mission i could think of, lol

here's a few close ups of the joes.

50100896272_13f17d4066_b.jpg 50100089953_fcb7678b71_b.jpg 50100896522_6d9040b62f_b.jpg 50100670751_90445cdcc9_b.jpg 50100670821_8a843912bc_b.jpg 50100896612_e9ca95df35_b.jpg 50100896662_5818b29520_b.jpg 50100896212_80f133010d_b.jpg

I had plans of doing all original 13 and a whole bunch of characters, but these are pretty much where i was when the Joe minimates were announced, so i buttoned up a few things and called it a day. Not sure if i'll be making many more customs for the Joes/Cobras. I'm hoping all my faves get made. There are only a few i think I'll have to make who I doubt they will get to, Like Starduster, so I'll make him as soon as i get Duke, because he uses his straps (or Recondo's, depending on which version you make). Just for fun I might make some of the toon characters like The Viper, or Hector Ramirez, Col. Sharp, Mara, Ramar, Honda Lou etc...

1 hour ago, WookieFodder said:

no love for Sgt Slaughter

Ha! you bet... i bought the marshal willenholly figure specifically for his hat to use for the Sarge. If it looks like he will not be made (due to licensing issues possibly) then i will make him, but I'm planning to just collect The Joes (except for Starduster, which i'll make whenever i get a second Duke) I'm excited to just collect these. I've wanted them from the start, and it is one of the reasons i started making customs in the first place. Now i don't have to , and that makes me very happy ?

3 hours ago, nandoninny said:

these are wonderful!

Hey thanks!

14 hours ago, elhonez said:

Love them all - some really great & innovative parts reuse. 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, DSTZach said:

"Get that Stalker re-painted and re-armed -- he's Lt. Falcon now!"

ha!, had one planned, even have his little neckerchief ready to go! ... never say never, lol

10 hours ago, Mattallica said:

nice job on all

Thanks!

I was always a Cobra collector as a kid, so I'm looking forward to these ranks being filled out. It's been mentioned before, but Cobra in particular is well suited for an all-army builder wave. So many great ones to choose from:

Troopers, Officers, Crimson Guards, Eels, HISS Drivers, B.A.T.S., Night Creepers, Lampreys

And the Vipers!

Vipers, Tele-Vipers, Alley Vipers, Ninja Vipers, Range Vipers, SAW Vipers, Frag Vipers, Night Vipers, Hydro Vipers, Secto Vipers...

That's like four Cobra-waves of army builders right there.

Edited by elhonez

I believe Series 4 is all characters, not troopers, and I think there's at least one more of those we would/should do before moving on to army-builders. But I am not the brand manager. I also love Televipers and Eels. Not sure we would do drivers any time soon. 

Yeah I mean, I hope whoever is in charge makes smart decisions when it comes to army builders. If the old two pack format is gone, there needs to be wise decisions made in terms of troop building.

Don't pack a main character or someone who can't be repeated with army builders. It will frustrate people.

25 minutes ago, SCW said:

Yeah I mean, I hope whoever is in charge makes smart decisions when it comes to army builders. If the old two pack format is gone, there needs to be wise decisions made in terms of troop building.

Don't pack a main character or someone who can't be repeated with army builders. It will frustrate people.

We are aware. 

Assuming we get around to armies, it makes sense not to emphasize drivers at first.

And honestly there are a decent number of main Cobras left to do. I'll resist my urge to list them so this doesn't devolve into another comprehensive namesplosion, but by my count there are at least 12 must-haves left. 4 of which I am sure will be in Series 4. 

After that 12 you get into the deeper cuts, like various Iron Grenadiers, all of the Dreadnoks Who Are Not Named Zartan, Cobri-La, and a handful of B-listers.

And then it's all troops, baby!

(or we could skip all of this and go straight to the Lunartix Empire)

Edited by elhonez

43 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Headman, Raptor, Zanzibar... the list goes on. 

LOL I had included Raptor in my list of 12... clearly there is bias in my "must haves." He was one of my all-time favorites, such a cool, weird toy. And his bio was consistent with the trend of villainizing accountants, orthodontists, and MBAs. I have a pet theory that Larry Hama's parents must not have approved of his career choices, and he was working that out through all the Cobra bios...