• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 3:51 PM, nandoninny said:

the streaming mentioned how hasbro is going away from plastic in its packaging......

i wonder if licenses will be affected by this. i can't imagine just getting a cardboard box full of stuff.

but yeah, some really cool stuff coming up!

Yeah, I hope they don't completely stop with the plastic. I want to be able to see what I am buying. I see way too many posts of Classified figures that have been returned to stores and the figure has been swapped out with some random figure, many times not even a G.I. Joe Classified figure. 

6 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Yeah, I hope they don't completely stop with the plastic. I want to be able to see what I am buying. I see way too many posts of Classified figures that have been returned to stores and the figure has been swapped out with some random figure, many times not even a G.I. Joe Classified figure. 

I didn’t even think of that! 

I don't think we will be eliminating plastic any time soon, although we are phasing out our larger Select action figure packaging for most lines. And GI Joe MM Series 1 has plastic blisters, but will be in a larger cardboard box, and I'm not sure how much plastic that will have, if any. 

Lots of Joe plans for this year, including MM Series 1 and 2, some new Gallery Dioramas, and I believe a new L3D bust and a statue. Plus the SDCC exclusive, which is different from the original concept, but should be pretty darn cool. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Plus the SDCC exclusive, which is different from the original concept, but should be pretty darn cool. 

What does this mean Zach? Does it mean that the SDCC set could be based of the cartoon or am I way off in what you are saying? Possibly you are just talking about the packaging for the SDCC set?

hmmm,"comic and Toy line" (specifically not cartoon). I wonder if its gonna be based on something like Tiger Force/Python Patrol or one of the Special Missions comics or maybe a crossover with the properties ... I'm all in for anything, just can't wait for the reveals!

Will future sets be revealed at SDCC?

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not sure about the packaging, but the GI Joe Minimates exclusive is based on the comic and toy line. There will also be a TF MM exclusive and a MMPR MM exclusive 

Hopefully these won’t be to hard to get. Looking forward to seeing what the exclusives are for Joe and TF.

10 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

hmmm,"comic and Toy line" (specifically not cartoon). I wonder if its gonna be based on something like Tiger Force/Python Patrol or one of the Special Missions comics or maybe a crossover with the properties ... I'm all in for anything, just can't wait for the reveals!

Will future sets be revealed at SDCC?

Not sure. Possibly, series 3 and 4 are already in development. 

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Hopefully these won’t be to hard to get. Looking forward to seeing what the exclusives are for Joe and TF.

I think they will be available at online retailers and comic shops, as well as at the show. Joe designs look great!

55 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Wrote the SDCC bios today! Well, copied them from vintage filecards. Still! Designs look great. Lots of weapons. 

You teasing ………fella.  
i’m anxious as heck as to what these are but knowing that sdcc is still 4 months off i’m also ok shortening that anticipation of getting it once its revealed.   Either way i win, but either way i lose.  

10 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I can't wait for the SDCC reveal, plus the reveal of waves 3 and 4. I hope we get some kind of trooper in one of those sets though. Can you tell us Zach if the SDCC set will be all new characters and how many are in that set?

SDCC set will be existing characters in new outfits. Slight change from original concept, but we'll see what happens to that concept, maybe it will be a future release.

Not sure about troopers at this time, I haven't seen the full line-up for 3 and 4. I only know two of the Cobras in Series 4 and I'm excited. 

43 minutes ago, elhonez said:

I'll be at SDCC this year, looking forward to seeing these in person!

Come by and say hi!

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

SDCC set will be existing characters in new outfits. Slight change from original concept, but we'll see what happens to that concept, maybe it will be a future release.

Not sure about troopers at this time, I haven't seen the full line-up for 3 and 4. I only know two of the Cobras in Series 4 and I'm excited. 

Come by and say hi!

Oh boy. People are going to be pissed if they are just repaints of existing characters. We already have two Snake Eyes, Storm Shadows, Cobra Commanders, and Scarlett. I'm cool with it if it is Commando Snake Eyes, Arctic Storm Shadow, etc.