UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

Well my box set arrived from Luke today and I have to say after having owned probably hundreds of minimates over the years (I have been buying minimates all the way back to the early days; LOTR, 1st Marvel, DC, etc.) these are my favorites. I think they turned out fantastic in minimate form. Shoot they may end up being my favorite GI Joe figures period. To me they are truer to my childhood memories than the new 6” versions from Hasbro (which I also own). My biggest beef is I always get rid of the packaging but the box turned out so great that I am going to actually keep it.

Again in my opinion great job in these Diamond and thanks posting in here Zach!
Also I am really liking the LOTR line you guys are doing. Any chance Diamond might take another swing at LOTR minimates as well? 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/20/2021 at 9:10 AM, DSTZach said:

Great Big Boa, Navaan! But Mindbender is CRUCIAL!

Sorry people are not happy. As far as "so soon after the first set" goes, I don't even know when Series 1 and 2 will come out, as we have not solicited them yet, and shipping is taking forever. So at the very least you have these to tide you over until more come out, even if you hate them or simply like the next ones better.  

Working on him! Not putting insane effort into him, but all I need is a penguin head and a mouse drawn on his face and I'll be satisfied with my rendition. ^-^ And thanks, I was pleased with Big Boa!

22 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I agree that we would have risked the line's momentum by limiting the four most popular characters to an event exclusive that sold out quickly. Now new customers have a second chance to pick up the line. This way, the bandwagon is moving slow enough for everyone to jump on before it really gets going.

And yeah, this. It's fine,and while I don't want to tell folks how to feel, I think this is a fair call.

The stuff sold out. It was a huge hit. This is allowing people to catch up on the main characters, figure accurate V2 Snake-Eyes, cartoon CC, shoulderpads Tommy and a darker Scarlett (often how she is shown in art and merchandise, figures vary in color).

This is a win-win.

Now. If we get to series 6 and there are five different Snake-Eyes'....

V1 and V4 and done, tops. ^-^

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

No new LOTR Minimates that I am aware of. We'd like to do some other categories, but not Minimates. I recently picked up a few from Luke and now I'm sad I don't have more. 

Too bad about the minimates (I am curious about the other categories). I loved that line. I even was able to track down two of the Strider prototypes from the wave that never was released. I really wanted that wave too but I will give Diamond props for getting out the entire fellowship. I still hold onto hope of one day being able to get the rest of the unreleased wave.

I still maintain Sauron is my absolute favorite single Minimate. 
so beautiful. 

… and so off topic. Afraid I don’t have much to say about Joes except… is that our first Crossbow made for the 2 inch buddies?

On 10/18/2021 at 10:05 PM, Navaan said:

But alright, something more fun. My customized Joes;

Tremendous!

Let me be another to echo my happiness and excitement with this set.  Just got it yesterday from Luke, and I love them.  Perhaps the character I care for the least in this set--Scarlett, is my favorite Minimate of the bunch.  Executed so well.  Just a great distillation of her, from the details on the suit to the ponytail to the crossbow.  But Storm Shadow is a close second.  The sword holster works really well and the little design details make him stand out.  He's only missing his nunchaku!

If and when we get toon-accurate versions, I'll replace this Cobra Commander, but this one is quite serviceable when you remove the cape.  I didn't notice before that the stripe is sculpted onto his helmet, though it isn't colored here.

My one slight disappointment with the set may be Snake Eyes.  I think I personally would have preferred a simple tampo for his visor.  As it is, the head seems really bulky.  And I appreciate the effort DST went to to give him all his straps, etc., but it makes him a bit busy and hard to pose.  The knife bends when you put it in his sheath.  Having said that, I still like him a lot, and am very happy with this purchase.  I might dig around in my collection to see if there is something approximating his '85 backpack that I could modify for his use.  And he's missing the uzi, so I'll have to look for a replacement on that front, as well.

My first non-custom Minimate purchase in probably 2 or 3 years!  We need MORE!!!

3 hours ago, karamazov80 said:

Tremendous!

Let me be another to echo my happiness and excitement with this set.  Just got it yesterday from Luke, and I love them.  Perhaps the character I care for the least in this set--Scarlett, is my favorite Minimate of the bunch.  Executed so well.  Just a great distillation of her, from the details on the suit to the ponytail to the crossbow.  But Storm Shadow is a close second.  The sword holster works really well and the little design details make him stand out.  He's only missing his nunchaku!

If and when we get toon-accurate versions, I'll replace this Cobra Commander, but this one is quite serviceable when you remove the cape.  I didn't notice before that the stripe is sculpted onto his helmet, though it isn't colored here.

My one slight disappointment with the set may be Snake Eyes.  I think I personally would have preferred a simple tampo for his visor.  As it is, the head seems really bulky.  And I appreciate the effort DST went to to give him all his straps, etc., but it makes him a bit busy and hard to pose.  The knife bends when you put it in his sheath.  Having said that, I still like him a lot, and am very happy with this purchase.  I might dig around in my collection to see if there is something approximating his '85 backpack that I could modify for his use.  And he's missing the uzi, so I'll have to look for a replacement on that front, as well.

My first non-custom Minimate purchase in probably 2 or 3 years!  We need MORE!!!

Gail with Sin City had one.

7 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

@DSTZach Has the idea of armory packs been brought up at DST for the Joe line? 

Maybe something like a single troop builder character in the pack & then just a bunch of weapons for use with the other mates in the line? 

Not that I am aware of. It would be cool to see, I suppose, but I think people paying a two-pack price would rather get two troop builders. 

Welllp, this did not go well. My efforts to resolve my issues with TFAW failed, and they have decided to charge me overnight shipping I never wanted, nor that they ever provided. 

Guess it is up to the bank, but the minimates were worth the trouble (I ended up getting them from my local comic book store).

12 hours ago, karamazov80 said:

You should check out the Call of Duty Mega Construx packs that you can find at Dollar General stores. I grabbed some for their accessories and weapons to use with my custom G.I. Joe figures. There are some great parts in those sets.

• 4 weeks later...