UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

I feel like the Joe line begs for a blind assortment or the old counter box displays (like terminator and BSG and IM2).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

I feel like the Joe line begs for a blind assortment or the old counter box displays (like terminator and BSG and IM2).

That wouldn't bother me if it was laden with army-builders but the idea of blind packaging kills any interest I have for this line. I'll gladly buy a counter display but I need to know what I'm getting. And don't go all Age of Ultron with it and load it with too many good guys and not enough bad guys.

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

The only thing that begs for blind assortments is manufacturers' profit margins. Why would you ASK for such a thing?

BSG / Terminator style is fine though.

Zach are these still on schedule to be released next month? Also any updates on what other figures we will see after these are released? Will we see a wave of three two-packs like Marvel releases or will they be two two-packs showing up at Walgreens? We really need some Cobra Troopers, or Vipers, or Crimson Guard, or B.A.T.S., etc. You can see where I am going with this. They will sell like crazy. Just look at the G.I. Joe Classified Vipers, Troopers, Infantry, They sell like crazy.

well, this stinks as we were all looking forward to getting these.  no mention of when they'll actually make it out but i'm hoping for sooner rather than later:
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/minimates-heroclix-and-mondo-cancel-for-free-comic-book-day-2021/

if you don't feel like clicking the article its basically just that the Joe minimates are delayed

Edited by nandoninny

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 11:19 PM, DSTZach said:

I'm seeing an arrival date of next month, but I'm not sure if that takes into account our shipping issues. Items have started to roll in a bit more frequently.

A one month delay isnt too bad. Any chance that you can share some pics of the final product? I would like to see their accessories and whether or not the decided to keep Storm Shadows strap for his sword grey instead of black like it should be.

On 8/16/2021 at 10:38 PM, DSTZach said:

No in-hand sample yet, but Chuck may have one. I'll try to find out.

I would love to see more shots of the products! Would make my week- and the wait more unbearable, but I suppose we don't always get what we want. xD

what an announcement, G.I. Joe mates as I live and breathe! and to hear of a Snake Eyes Minimate long before I hear of a snake-eyes film, how wonderful indeed.

I know that I'll absolutely need at least one Cobra Commander, for a wildly out of scale board game night with mega construx Skeletor, kre-o Megatron and schleich Gargamel. Should make for some Risky Business indeed, if they can hold Australia ?

On 8/24/2021 at 11:13 PM, SignatureChoice said:

what an announcement, G.I. Joe mates as I live and breathe! and to hear of a Snake Eyes Minimate long before I hear of a snake-eyes film, how wonderful indeed.

I know that I'll absolutely need at least one Cobra Commander, for a wildly out of scale board game night with mega construx Skeletor, kre-o Megatron and schleich Gargamel. Should make for some Risky Business indeed, if they can hold Australia ?

The Snake Eyes movie was ok. Pretty forgettable though. The origin is completely different from the comics too, but that is obvious because they had Henry Golding playing him instead of a blond haired white guy. If you like martial arts movies then give it a watch. 

I always took yay shot to mean one of two things. Yay as in yippee photos of the final figures or the one I mostly go for as its usually said when a picture of the figures are shown in the final clear tray. That it was actually a misspelling of tray shot that someone put in the excitement of seeing new figures and it stuck around.

I'm sure alot of forums etc have their own little sayings or phrases that to anyone else may seem like make no sense.