UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

7 hours ago, youbastards said:

BHM, IMO these designs contain a mix of the 80’s animated series, the original RAH toy line, and the 25th anniversary toy line.

Most old timers consider the original 80’s toy line looks to be the definitive, but Hasbro is intent on making unique designs for almost every new toy line.

even the recent ‘Retro’ line strays far from the original 80’s versions despite being on 80’s style cards.

Many thanks:thumbsup:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves

Lol. If the door to Joe minimates truly opens after this first set I can come up with years and years worth of mates before diving into the movies. 

I have to say this is the most excited I have been about minimates in a long long time. I really, really hope the line lasts at least long enough for me to get Flint, Lady Jaye and an army of Cobra troopers (Crimson Guard, Vipers and B.A.T.S are right up there too along with Shipwreck, Alpine and Dusty). My pipe dream are the H.A.V.O.C. and Hiss Tank. 

Edited by Strider

Zach, one of the things that is going to make this line successful is character specific accessories being included and as accurate as possible.  I understand that Hasbro probably can't use/approve the use of the licensed weapons like they did before (Uzi, M-16, Desert Eagle, etc) whether due to licensing or a conscious effort to distance from realistic weaponry.

That said, things like v2 Snake Eyes falchion sword and backpack are going to help make up for other weapon inaccuracies.

Storm Shadow v1 needs a bow/arrows, nunchuks, katanas.

Scarlett needs a crossbow as it was iconic for her character.

Please kick this up to the powers that be to take these character specific accessories to heart when line planning.

Yeah with all due respect to whatever Joe movies/TV shows are coming out... DON'T DO PRODUCT FOR THEM!

Sorry, but GI Joe 25th was the best line ever, and it died because of the Joe movie figures. 

Anyway, these look great. Scarlett is an odd choice (not as a choice, but as in the first box set) but I'm here for it. 

$30 isn't cheap, but I'm all in.

Exciting to hear about possible Walgreens figures too. Although that could become a headache, the possibility is exciting.

I will order tons of these.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:08 PM, DSTZach said:

Marvel Minimates were a DST line from day one, so technically DST went balls first. Although that line is either incredibly sexist (can women not also be daring?) or indicative of how big a risk it was to go so big. I would never put my balls first, in any situation.

And nope, I did not pick the license or the lineup or the outlets. Luckily the people above me have excellent taste and business sense. My job is to let people know about it and to help it get to Series 50. Although this press release was handled by the FCBD team. I'll make my push later this week.

That said, we'll see when we solicit Series 2. 

That poster was a woman's idea? If so I'll gladly rephrase. Either way, early promotion showing so many different characters was a great way to boost consumer confidence regarding not only how many characters might be on the immediate horizon but how deep into the franchise DST was willing to go. Yeah, we had to wait a while for Toad but it was great to see him in the crowd.

On 3/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, DSTZach said:

Cue Mr. PL looking for tigers. 

I'd be content with a motorcycle but as an old school Joe fan, I wouldn't mind seeing DST's version of this set?

16 hours ago, youbastards said:

Zach, one of the things that is going to make this line successful is character specific accessories being included and as accurate as possible.  I understand that Hasbro probably can't use/approve the use of the licensed weapons like they did before (Uzi, M-16, Desert Eagle, etc) whether due to licensing or a conscious effort to distance from realistic weaponry.

That said, things like v2 Snake Eyes falchion sword and backpack are going to help make up for other weapon inaccuracies.

Please kick this up to the powers that be to take these character specific accessories to heart when line planning.

Knowing that I wonder if Diamond would ever consider looking into whether it is worth it to make a weapons/accessory pack for minimates. Don’t make it tied to any license and keep the cost to around $5 or $10. There would be no licensing fee and no special package art needed. 

On 3/16/2021 at 10:34 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Are the Transformers going to be offered by Walgreens as well?

Yes.

20 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I know this is a long shot. But will we see vehicles with these minimates eventually? Wild Bill and his helicopter and maybe the cobra bubble with a cobra trooper?

I have not heard, but we'll see how they do.

On 3/17/2021 at 12:30 AM, youbastards said:

As far as I know, Scarlett comes with a crossbow, Snake Eyes comes with a sword in a sheath and Storm Shadow comes with a bow and arrows. Cobra Commander's gun even appears to be identical. We'll see how it goes, but it may be a case by case situation.

So apparently BBTS set a limit of one per person and is showing as sold out. 

Zach, there aren’t going to be inventory issues with these are there?  I really hope Luke is going to be able to fill his preorders.  

DST / Luke / Minimates collectors all need a win with this set.

Edited by youbastards

7 hours ago, youbastards said:

So apparently BBTS set a limit of one per person and is showing as sold out. 

Zach, there aren’t going to be inventory issues with these are there?  I really hope Luke is going to be able to fill his preorders.  

DST / Luke / Minimates collectors all need a win with this set.

I agree with this concern. I was watching BBTS for the past week hoping to spot if they listed this set and I never even saw them available until they were listed as sold out with a notice of a one per person limit and a notification that states "Due to limited supply, this item may be allocated. Pre-orders are not guaranteed to fill."

I have been able to secure a preorder of 2 of this box set from Luke's but I'm concerned if there will be limitation to the supply that could affect fulfillment of these preorders. 

I haven't seen any other online websites even offer this set yet for preorder so I'm curious just how limited this will be. I plan to ask my local comic shop to get me a set if they can as well but I want to make sure I get my customary one to open and one to keep in package.

Always look on the bright side .......the Marvel Avengers Endgame box set was re-run .

However .......can you believe how DST continually pisses on its own fireworks ?  

Instead of encouraging fans old & new to look forward to a new Minimate licence, they perpetuate this lunacy of making their previously poorly-selling toy-line hard to get hold of! Just sell the damn things to whomever want them.....that is good business . 

If this BBTS newsbite is irrelevant & misleading then forf%cksake  ,Zach, diss it immediately because it f£cking  doesn't enthuse people it just kicks them straight dead-centre in the bollocks.

I don't think DST is prepared for the amount of G.I. Joe collectors there are out there. They will buy them and not just one set either. I have seen plenty of collectors and scalpers showing off their collections of 10 or more of the same figure. It is crazy.

I decided to stop hunting for G.I Joe Classified figures now that these have been announced (I will still buy them but won't hunt them down like I used to). I have been able to find all the figures in stores so I never had to pay triple the price or more for them on Ebay. Plenty people have paid that much though because the figures are hard to find. Go into any Target or Walmart and you won't find a single one on the shelves. I hope DST will have these readily available so people aren't missing out on them.

THey are not a limited edition. I will never understand why an online retailer sets a certain amount for pre-orders, but it has nothing to do with Diamond, as far as I know. I believe they can leave them open for however long and then place an order when they're due, which is in a couple of weeks, but I may not understand. Luke seems to not have any problems. Order through luke. Order through your local comic shop, item #APR210053. They willl not be on our site, unfortunately.

Nobody is pissing on any fireworks. 

Speaking of fireworks:

GI-Joe-Box-Set-Comic-Cover-v1.jpg