G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Long Hammer said:

For this first box set I think we are gonna see some heavy hitters & fan favorites: Snake Eyes Ver. 2, original Cobra ninja Storm Shadow, Scarlett, and the big bad himself Cobra Commander in battle helmet.

Someone found the post on freecomicbookday.com!

I believe any store can order them, not sure if the Free Comic Book Day aspect requires an additional purchase of comics or how you need to be connected to FCBD.

Also not sure why the image is not showing up, so...

G.I.JoeMMSeries1BoxSet.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

1 hour ago, Heinous said:
1 hour ago, Padrino said:

How did you order these? The only items I see on the DST site are Vinimates.

Lukestoystore.com

Zach, any chance bigger stores will carry these beings hasbro is associated with them? 

DiamondSelectToys.com will hopefully introduce pre-orders soon, but these are FCBD exclusives, so I do not think DST will carry them, only other retailers. 

You may see some additional Joe figures at Walgreens, but do not look for them at Target or Walmart or anything like that. I don't believe they'd buy up anything Joe just because it's a Hasbro license. And Hasbro is not selling them to those stores for us. BUT if they come knocking, we'll see!

12 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

DiamondSelectToys.com will hopefully introduce pre-orders soon, but these are FCBD exclusives, so I do not think DST will carry them, only other retailers. 

You may see some additional Joe figures at Walgreens, but do not look for them at Target or Walmart or anything like that. I don't believe they'd buy up anything Joe just because it's a Hasbro license. And Hasbro is not selling them to those stores for us. BUT if they come knocking, we'll see!

Does this mean if the line continues we are looking at it probably being a Walgreens exclusive line? While I will take Joe minimates any way I can get them and be thankful for it I was really, really hoping they would be nice and easy preorders from Luke’s. 

Netting Hasbro as a distributor for these would be huge, and I think they could really help push the line into a greater spotlight. Would getting these up on Hasbro Pulse be an option? Obviously I got mine from Luke but I think there’s a lot of Joe fans who would probably pick these up with the rest of their Pulse orders. 

Does Walgreens carry other GI Joe product? I haven't noticed.

Any additional sales are great for the Minimates brand but, as someone who's found it more and more difficult to get Marvel Minimates at Walgreens, I share Strider's preference for preorders.