UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

I just hope the G.I Joe minimates don't bring over a bunch of G.I. Joe collectors to this forum. I collect the G.I. Joe Classified figures, which are amazing but some are extremely hard to find. I have never seen so many bitchy pricks before either. I was a member of three G.I. Joe Classified collectors groups on Facebook and had to leave them because they were so toxic. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we need a rapidfire or other  MOTORCYCLE(ghost rider) in this line asap and maybe some kind of tiger surely one of them Cobras or dreadnoks had a tiger, i know they had MOTORCYCLES

motorcycle

Edited by Mattallica

19 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I just hope the G.I Joe minimates don't bring over a bunch of G.I. Joe collectors to this forum. I collect the G.I. Joe Classified figures, which are amazing but some are extremely hard to find. I have never seen so many bitchy pricks before either. I was a member of three G.I. Joe Classified collectors groups on Facebook and had to leave them because they were so toxic. 

Yikes! Hopefully that toxicity doesn’t come over here. Although I am fine going on record saying the Target exclusives are painful. Not worth moaning over but I have come to grips with the fact I will not ever have them. I won’t loose sleep over it but a really hope the vipers are released later like the troopers so I can get them. Flint and Lady Jaye were always my two favorites and those were preordered day one. I really, really hope they make minimates of those two sooner rather than later. I had the original Flint and that was my favorite figure when I was little (I even ended up duct taping him together after the o ring broke. Jaye was the one I asked for every year but never got. 

With most minimates being solicited for preorders (except Walgreens) that might not even be an issue with these.

I do hope they try to match the cartoon, original toys and comics instead of a modern take on them but that is just my preference.

Exclusives tend to ruin the fun of collecting, and I quit collecting Legends back when they started doing exclusive waves at Target and Walmart (around the Fin Fang Foom wave).

Thank god nobody cares about Minimates and I can easily walk into Walgreens and buy as many full-priced Black Panther and Captain Marvel exclusives as I could possibly want in 2021.

Edited by youbastards

2 hours ago, youbastards said:

Exclusives tend to ruin the fun of collecting, and I quit collecting Legends back when they started doing exclusive waves at Target and Walmart (around the Fin Fang Foom wave).

Thank god nobody cares about Minimates and I can easily walk into Walgreens and buy as many full-priced Black Panther and Captain Marvel exclusives as I could possibly want in 2021.

I quit legends at the same time. Between the Target and Walmart issues and a lack of space in the apartment the only toys that stayed with me were my minimates... and then that blasted Psylocke with wth butterfly effect happened and here we go again...

On 2/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, thereasonsy said:

A hill I will die on: scarlet should always be the first female joe figure made. 

Agreed. . .so long as it is actually Zartan disguised as Scarlett.

does the license include Sgt Slaughter and Refrigerator Perry?

Looks like I can finally make customs for the Village People! 

1987 had most of my faves: Chuckles (Hawaiian Shirt), Gung Ho (Marine Dress), Crystal Ball, Taurus, and Blaster.

Forget vehicles, I want some playsets.

Wow this is really a dream come true. I’ve been a fan of GI Joe since I was so young. It was really the first collection I ever had. And to have them now as minimates?! I am so grateful. Super excited to see where this lines goes and I will buy every single one! 

Very excited for G.I. Joe Minimates.  I have been making custom Minimate Joes for over a year and a half and am excited to see what DST has come up with.  I hope this line lasts for a long time and we get many, many characters.  I would love to see army builder two-packs of Cobra Vipers, Cobra Troopers, BATS, Steel Brigade and others.  These could be exclusives to Luke's Toy Store like the X-Factor Multiple Man two-packs were.