UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For GI Joe Minimates, I would love to see Duke, Scarlet, Lady Jaye, Flint, Breaker, Snow Job, Gunner, Grunt, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Serpentor, Tomax and Xamot, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Dr. Mindbender, Zartan and his goons, Cover Girl, Shipwreck/Polly, Mutt/Junkyard, Wild Bill, Spirit/Freedom Major Bludd, Gung Ho, Quick Kick, Jinx, Ripcord, Blowtorch, Firefly, Deep Six, Torpedo, Iceberg, Frostbite, Sargent Slaughter, Ace, and many more.

For starters it could be one box set with Duke, Scarlet, Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper.

A second could be with Destro, Baroness, Flint and Lady Jaye.

A third could be with Tomax and Xamot with two Crimson Guard mates.

A fourth could be with Serpentor, two Cobra-La Royal Guards and a Crimson Asp mate.

They could do a box set with a Cobra Trooper, a Cobra Viper, a Cobra Solider and a B.A.T.  This box set could include a few parts to swap heads and helmets or such to make an army of various Vipers, Troopers, Soldiers and B.A.T.s and thus would lend this set to sell out fast for the potential for army building. This is not to say you can't include a Viper or Trooper with a various named character in a two-pack but it would limit the collectors to a large number of duplicates of named characters.

Then could do other boxed sets or two-packs with the various other characters.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Whatever army-builders DST decides to offer with main characters, I'd love to see Luke's Toy Store be able to offer as exclusive 2-packs just like they did with Multiple Man. Load that shop up!

I would hope that if they do that it is to different Troopers. Give us a two pack with a Cobra Trooper and a Cobra Viper. A second two pack could be a Crimson Guard and a Red Ninja or Cobra Eel, Cobra Snow Serpent, or Alley Viper

19 hours ago, nandoninny said:

the potential here is freaking limitless..................

Yup. DST has never had a line that has so many potential army builders as an example.

Let's hope they don't do anything foolish like pack Duke with a Trooper.

3 hours ago, SCW said:

Yup. DST has never had a line that has so many potential army builders as an example.

Let's hope they don't do anything foolish like pack Duke with a Trooper.

I don't know, Duke's look is a good base to army build generic troopers. The foolish package would be a trooper with Roadblock or Scarlett.

Army builders ,for many of us, are just great & I hope this proposed line delivers. DST have,historically, tried the army building approach before .  Was it successful , who knows ?  LOR Elven warrior 2-packs & BSG Cylon 5 packs were heavily discounted 'in the day' ...just saying!  Crazy 88's ?  Again I'm not sure.  

12 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

Army builders ,for many of us, are just great & I hope this proposed line delivers. DST have,historically, tried the army building approach before .  Was it successful , who knows ?  LOR Elven warrior 2-packs & BSG Cylon 5 packs were heavily discounted 'in the day' ...just saying!  Crazy 88's ?  Again I'm not sure.  

the problem will be in the case assortments.  if they put two troopers together but pack it the same as the other figures in a case without making extras then they'll just become rare figures that frustrate collectors like us who can't army build.

but make them available solo (like multiple man or crazy 88's) and i think they'll sell the shit outta them.  i think i bought 8 of the crazy 88 packs.  if they made crimson gaurds, cobra troopers, vipers, alley vipers then i might do the same. 

I like the idea of a 4-pack of 2 or 3 troopers and a named character that could become a generic character using extra parts. Like, having a Duke undercover in Cobra disguise (idk I don't know Joe very well) with an alternate generic trooper head, or something like that. That way DST could still sell the set on an anchor character while still appealing to army building fanatics

Edited by Smashmaster12

GI Joe is not like other franchises. You do not need an "anchor character". Not trying to be snarky to anyone here, BTW. I think an "Undercover" option is fine as an example, but you'd be just as successful in my mind if you sold a 4 pack of troopers, with 3 troopers and 1 officer.

To Joe fans, army building is half the battle (see what I did there) and there's literally NO other franchise that even comes close to the army building potential this has. Not even SW.

There are dozens of types of Cobra army building characters. All well liked. I mean you could do entire waves of nothing but army builders (not that I'm suggesting that).

Distribution is always the issue with Joes, hard to get certain army builders, etc. But Minimates format IMO, allows for it in an incredible way. And in the past Hasbro has forced people to buy Dukes and Snake Eyes and such to get some of the army builders and it just frustrates people.

Again, just my .2, but Joe fans would really embrace army builder 2 packs I believe. It's very different than other franchises in that way.

20 hours ago, Prowlar said:

I don't know, Duke's look is a good base to army build generic troopers. The foolish package would be a trooper with Roadblock or Scarlett.

It doesn't matter who the army-builders are packed with so long as Luke's Toy Store can offer the same kind of exclusive that was offered with Marvel Series 78.

Personally, I'm expecting 4-packs. So if the first one happens to be Duke, Scarlett, Destro, and a Cobra Trooper, Luke's could offer 2-packs (or 4-packs, if the license insists) of Cobra Troopers. Just make sure there's marketing to let folks know where they can get their armies.

Im too excited with the possibilities so I have to at least throw out my I'm sure "never gonna happen" wish list. If I was running the line to start I would do something like this:

Box Set 1: A mixture to gauge interest and sales: Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Cobra Commander(Helmet), Storm Shadow

Box Set 2: A mixture to gauge interest and sales: Duke, Roadblock, Destro, Baroness

Box Set 3: Sales are good, hit the army builders: Cobra Trooper, Cobra Viper, Crimson Guard, B.A.T.

Box Set 4: A little more good guy love: Stalker, Shipwreck, Flint, Lady Jaye

Box Set 5: Cobra pack: Cobra Commander(Hooded), Destro(Gold Head), Tomax, Xamot

Box Set 6: Joe pack: Hawk (Bomber Jacket), Snake Eyes(Commando), Storm Shadow(V.2 Joe), Falcon

Box Set 7: Mixing it up some more: Snow Job, Dusty, Major Bludd, Firefly

Box Set 8: Mixing it up some more: Blowtorch, Tunnel Rat, Scrap Iron, Copperhead

Box Set 9: Original 13 set, tie in to convention exclusives: Hawk, Flash, Grunt, Rock n Roll - the key to this set is if you purchase 2 you can make 7 original joes and their general. My idea has Hawk the base green body with black boots and silver web gear, helmet and gun. He comes with extra head, black webgear and communications backpack/mic to make a Breaker. Flash is the green body with red pads, black gloves, black feet, helmet, backpack and laser. He comes with extra head, brown gloves and brown feet to make Grand Slam. Grunt is the base green body with brown boots and brown web gear, helmet and gun. He comes with extra head, black web gear and mortar to make Short Fuze. Rock n Roll is the base green body with brown boots, crossed ammo belts, helmet and gun. He comes with an extra head, hat and jacket piece to make a General Flagg. Along with early waves this gives you 10 of the Original 13 Joes. I would have included Zap but his green uniform is a much brighter green so he wasnt easy to swap. I made him an exclusive. Steeler and Clutch are also not easy swaps so they become exclusives.

Somewhere along the way make the following convention exclusives:

Vamp w/Clutch

Mobat w/Steeler

Hiss w/Driver

RAM w/Zap

This would complete the Original 13 which would be amazing to have. Now I know none of this is likely to happen and we will be lucky to get 2 box sets before the line dies off but I know I would buy this line for as long as they made it...so many more great Joes, Cobras, Dreadnoks, Oktober Guard and hell even some Cobra La....bring it on.