UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol. I was just coming over here to say that after seeing the Transformers box announced my mind went to the endless possibilities of GI Joe in minimates. I would be 100% all in for a GI Joe line. If they do one hopefully there is a way to army build the Cobra troopers, vipers, crimson guard and B.A.T.S.

It’s gotta have Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander or Storm Shadow in series one. Maybe...

Snake Eyes/Scarlet/Storm Shadow/Destro?

And then we get a con exclusive box set of GI Joe VS Transformers with Duke/Cobra Commander (with Megatron as a gun)/Megatron/Another Transformer, even an Optimus variant idk

I was hoping for MGS for the "Mystery License" (I just want some new MGS merch), but this is close enough, I guess... Bar Snake Eyes and maybe Scarlet I'm not all that interested in the Joes, but boy, am I going to buy those Cobras, even if I'm out of MMs outside of special ocassions. 

The idea of Joe minimates has my brain on fire!  Talk about a series that could run forever!  

Aside from all the classics that I definitely want to see, I think I'd be the most jazzed to get a full Dreadknock squad.  With those wild looks and awesome weapons, I could kitbash a whole line of Mad Max figures on the side.  The future is bright friends!  Fingers crossed for good fortunes.

MGS ? I struggled there for a minute , Metal Gear Solid .  Once again, Medicom produced some beautiful MGS kubricks ....& some not so interesting G.I .Joes . That is not to say that the G.I .Joe Minimates won't be interesting , I hope so.   I own a set of 6, G.I . Joe kubricks , they're the only Joe toys that I have. The only interesting thing about my set is that I have never ever seen another set for sale anywhere .....& trust me , I am always looking.  

I know of the great love amongst many here for Joe merchandise , I hope it meets your expectations. 

*Head Explodes*

I was just talking to my wife the other day as we came out of a Walgreens with a Miles Morales/Prowler set about how Minimates have been reduced to little more than a once every few months or so purchase of "something" Marvel. The diversity and fun of the brand had faded some from its glory years with DC, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, Back to the Future, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, TMNT, The Walking Dead, Thundercats, Nightmare Before Christmas, Battlestar Galactica and Halo all filling out a ton of space on my shelves. So many other great sets as well.

I told her I just wish they could get a few old popular lines that they could run with for awhile to remind me of the glory years...I even mentioned GI Joe. Now Transformers and GI Joe might join those shelves and I am ecstatic. Im gonna need the Cobra Troopers, Vipers or Crimson Guard to not be in a 4pack though so I can properly army build them....

If this is a blanket inhouse Hasbro license I wonder if we have a shot at M.A.S.K. sets? 

I am slightly less excited for GI Joe Minimates than Transformers, because I've already made lots of GI Joe customs, but it's still pretty great. By the way, if you can find any of the old MegaBlox Call of Duty sets, they work pretty well as Minimate GI Joe vehicles.

My guess for Series 1:

- Duke

- Snake Eyes (Commando)

- Destro

- Zartan

Series 2:

- Roadblock

- Scarlet

- Cobra Commander (helmet)

- Storm Shadow

Series 3

- Shipwreck

- Gung Ho

- Firefly

- Baroness

Honestly, this is a series I would hope gets army dumps.  Cobra Soldiers, B.A.T.S, Joe infantry, Vipers, Crimson Guard, Arashikage ninjas....so much potential.

We need at least a VAMP and HISS too!

This is a line you go all out on, produce and solicit as much as possible to show consumers it is a well planned line, and not one off box sets.  Get that consumer confidence and buy-in early, right at the launch of the line.

my favorite joes were: Duke, shipwreck, Hit N Run, and Beachhead.
later on Jinx and Falcon. 

bad guys, firefly, Battle Android Troopers, Techno Vipers, Alley Vipers.

and who didn't like the various snake eyes' and storm shadows?!

Edited by nandoninny

I spent the past week making a bunch of G.I. Joe customs. I was going to make a few more this week but will change things up now and work on a different line of customs. This is such great news. Now if only DST could get the license to make Masters of the Universe minimates and make Thundercats minimates again since there a dozens of characters from Thundercats to make yet.

9 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I spent the past week making a bunch of G.I. Joe customs. I was going to make a few more this week but will change things up now and work on a different line of customs. This is such great news. Now if only DST could get the license to make Masters of the Universe minimates and make Thundercats minimates again since there a dozens of characters from Thundercats to make yet.

I agree so much left in the Thundercats world.