UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers Minimates!

51 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

I am so glad this set is getting released!

I begrudgingly ordered but Dead Prime is making my list as the worst Minimate of the year on principle 😂 That figure owes me therapy!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

If only Hot Rod came with a fishing pole.

It's a whopper!

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

I begrudgingly ordered but Dead Prime is making my list as the worst Minimate of the year on principle 😂 That figure owes me therapy!

Definitely in the minority, but killing Optimus Prime and moving the story forward is the best, smartest thing the Transformers writers could have done.

I'm very slowly beginning to like these ....true!

Arriving here, several years ago with even less knowledge of toys than I do now, I realised the love for Transformers & GI Joe by many members . I named a house 'Bumblebee Barn' without having a clue that the most famous TF was called  Bumblebee !!  People (sending me stuff) applauded me on my cool choice of housename :no: which was often accompanied by ironic comments when guys realised that my actual /real surname is Cornholio .

So I am beginning to like the TF Minimates & I'm hoping for my favourite  ,Ratchet ,whose alter ego (?) I believe is a large ambulance . I was researching his backstory & who knew ??  When he was smaller he was known as Mouseshit .

Spoiler

I am on holiday, it is raining ,I am sober & a tad bored 

Edited by buttheadsmate
grammar

well, bigbadtoystore already sold out of thier SDCC set!

maybe they only planned on ordered a few but that's cool.

Ratchet is one of my favorites too and should be easy to repaint to ironhide

Edited by nandoninny

On 6/1/2023 at 7:49 PM, NerdyTrev said:

It's a whopper!

Definitely in the minority, but killing Optimus Prime and moving the story forward is the best, smartest thing the Transformers writers could have done.

Yup. I think as an adult I would agree if it wasn’t a children’s property. The movie had a completely different story tone which is great— except that wasn’t communicated to the audience. If I was a parent I’d be taken aback if I was taking my kid to see a cartoon movie of a show that suddenly went very dark without warning. 

47 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

If I was a parent I’d be taken aback if I was taking my kid to see a cartoon movie of a show that suddenly went very dark without warning. 

:D Trust me I'm only playing but have you ever seen a Looney Tunes movie ? 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:55 AM, ApexPredator said:

Dead Optimus prime

Thank you!

I wonder if this will be achieved with hinges or a separate chest piece, i forecast the latter

I’d love to see the rest of the art too!

Already got my order in from Luke. Not only am I excited about these mates but I am also excited about the VHS package. Hopefully it is a minimate take on the movie VHS. 

lol! I posted while the art was coming through. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Strider