• 1 month later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i'll say one thing a few places in aus that stocked the first series of these reckon they won't be getting any further, future sets in,

on a brighter note though, most all have plans to get the Joes as they come :)

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Main series TF's not doing great, but I think the VHS set did well. Maybe there's some opportunities there. 

Disheartening news, but thank you for the update. I'm hopeful that if series 4 goes well we can get some more additions to the movie cast (Kup, Wreck-Gar, Springer, the aforementioned Galvatron cronies).

Good to know about the VHS set! I could see a sister series with recolored variants of Jazz, Grimlock, Shockwave, and Soundwave in the future. 

4 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Disheartening news, but thank you for the update. I'm hopeful that if series 4 goes well we can get some more additions to the movie cast (Kup, Wreck-Gar, Springer, the aforementioned Galvatron cronies).

Good to know about the VHS set! I could see a sister series with recolored variants of Jazz, Grimlock, Shockwave, and Soundwave in the future. 

No, no recolored variants. That will just kill this line even faster. Just keep giving us new characters for as long as the line stays afloat.

Could it be the reason the vhs pack sold better is they are cartoon colors instead of metallic?

I don’t know about how others feel but I prefer the cartoon colors over the the metallic. The colors are vibrant and they look more how I remember the characters.

Also turning transformers into minimates is a tough task. It really reduces the articulation and some don’t translate to minimates well.

I am with you on preferring the cartoon colors. I also love the VHS packaging. I actually bought two of the VHS and one of each of the others because of the packaging. Hopefully the line picks up enough steam to at least finish the seekers and the main movie cast. 

Any word on the Joe line? Out of all the minimate lines that one has taken over as my favorite. I hope we get at least a few years out of it.

I got Series 1, 2, and 3 for Xmas.  They are pretty great.  I don't know if I want the SDCC set because it's not that different, but the packing is quite cool.

While GI Joe is my favorite 80s cartoon, I haven't picked up Series 1 yet because half of them are recolors of Mates I have for $40.  But the Transformers get my full seal of approval!

• 2 months later...