UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers Minimates!

141D6B81-1209-42EA-A5EE-1252FC1CAF5C.jpeg

Capturing the armor details of 4 classic characters—Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream, and Shockwave—each 2-inch mini-figure features multiple points of articulation and is fully poseable.

Designed by Barry Bradfield, each set of 4 has been painted in a metallic color scheme to mimic the original 1980s toy release and comes packaged with weapons on a blister card.

August 2021 

MSRP $30

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gathered from the article that they have licensed a few things from Hasbro but that, for now, only Transformers is getting minimates. 
But apparently Joes and the Power Rangers aren’t impossible. I know for a damn fact I’d buy the hell out of some Power Rangers. 

Big transformers collector here (masterpiece,  kreons, etc) and these are....weird. Some transformer designs will work in this style really well, others won’t. I’m shocked DST is making them due to the amount of tooling required and not a lot of reuse. 

I can see why DST is excited though it’s a huge license with so many possibilities for minimates and more. 

If GIJOE and Power Rangers are possible for minimates then I’m begging DST to make them. They are much more minimate-friendly and I’d love to have a big collection of both. 

Edited by fwoosheyman

Shockwave's head is not seated right in this picture. 

They will come with weapons.

They will not transform. There is a long history of non-transforming Transformers, Hasbro actually just launched a new line. 

They may not have the full 14 points, they will lose wrists and ankles, but they are poseable.

A G.I. Joe box set is already designed. 

Edited by DSTZach

This is indeed a big deal for DST! These designs look slick, and hopefully this launches a huge line that does well for ‘mates as a whole

I’m eager to see the GI Joe mates... and like others, I am cautiously optimistic of what else might come if these do well. I’d be in cloud 9 if we got MMPR...

well, i was hoping it would be joe but wow!!  

i love the shockwave design.  would love to see a unicron statue or something that would go with this but that would probably be wishful thinking.

and a joe box set is already designed?!?!  i think the issue is they'll never get to everyone's favorite characters but hopefully there's something for everyone!

i'll preorder from my shop ASAP!

Wonderful news regarding 80’s GI Joe, while the colorful characters of the series will no doubt be represented, I really hope that DST knows that there is a large Joe collector base that loves the often overlooked ‘82 green fatigues characters that launched the line.  

They would also make amazing army builders, especially if packaged in a box set with alternate gear and heads.

I'm confused why they would lose wrist articulation, as these just look like overlays,. but maybe I'm missing something. I think they look pretty cool. TF is not a property I care much about, but I could definitely see myself picking up a few of these because they're the iconic looks in nice mini form.

If it is a Hasbro properties license consider the possibilities. Return of Battle Beasts only using the classic Beastformer characters, Rom, M.A.S.K., Power Rangers, Visionaries, C.O.P.S., and even My Little Pony. As if the G.I. Joe and Transformers wasn't enough to get excited over. I can't wait to see more!

Preordered 2 sets...might get a few more for family and friends.

Now go ahead and offer those GI Joe ones and see how many I preorder....I dare you...

Oh and yes please to M.A.S.K., Power Rangers, Visionaries, COPS or ROM.

Please don't let these turn out like the Rocky 3, Beverly Hills Cop, Godfather and John Wick sets. My heart can't take that again.