UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mortal Kombat and Mystery Property Speculation!

I do not believe MInimates are part of our MK license.

Six-packs is not necessarily a new direction for all lines and licenses, just Marvel, due to the usual assortment size. G.I. Joe and Transformers are still 4-packs, although the G.I. Joe packaging will be very different going forward.

On 2/17/2021 at 10:40 AM, MisterPL said:

Since it's an umbrella license with a variety of properties, I'm leaning toward King Features Syndicate (Flash Gordon, Phantom, Popeye) but hoping for Hanna-Barbera (Jonny Quest, Scooby-Doo, Herculoids, Blue Falcon, Birdman, Space Ghost).

I'm just seeing this post... I want, and have wanted everything you mentioned here!

20 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I do not believe MInimates are part of our MK license.

Six-packs is not necessarily a new direction for all lines and licenses, just Marvel, due to the usual assortment size. G.I. Joe and Transformers are still 4-packs, although the G.I. Joe packaging will be very different going forward.

Fingers crossed for a throwback style with an action pose artwork for each character and an explosion behind the actual figures!!!

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

That is the plan!

Woohoo!!! this is as exciting to me as the actual mates themselves (well, almost). many hours spent with my brother staring at the card art and the back especially, picking out who our favorites were... I very much look forward to seeing this packaging.

Thanks for the news, Zach!

• 7 months later...

Mortal Kombat would have made for interesting MiniMates, especially for the potential for swappable bloody body parts, removable limbs, babality pack-ins and all of the other assorted nonsense that happens when kombat konkludes. 

Edited by elhonez
verb tense

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread just because when i look at storm collectibles, i really wish we had minimates with the same colors and designs from the classic MK games.

mostly because i would actually be able to afford an entire run of the ‘mates lol