UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mortal Kombat and Mystery Property Speculation!

i want them bad!  but i read that on facebook and then watched this video and it wasn't minimates he mentioned -- it was some kind of blind box.

same kind as those big headed bruce lee's they made.  i hope i'm wrong and it was minimates he was talking about but i didn't hear minimates

2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i want them bad!  but i read that on facebook and then watched this video and it wasn't minimates he mentioned -- it was some kind of blind box.

same kind as those big headed bruce lee's they made.  i hope i'm wrong and it was minimates he was talking about but i didn't hear minimates

I took it the same way. Hope I’m wrong. 

Yeah this was confusing because they were talking about Minimates and then he's like, what about blind boxes? And I got all excited that we were getting Rocketeer and Mortal Kombat minimates... But alas, I think he means some other kinda mini fig things.

If we were talking about Minimates before Mortal Kombat, I GUESS I understand the confusion. But I specifically said we were making Mortal Kombat D-Formz. Never said Minimates. If you don't know what D-Formz are, I guess that could also be confusing.

Even if we WERE making Buffy Minimates, I refuse to let Whedon ruin a great TV show with a great cast. But we're not. We are making other Buffy stuff, though. 

It sucks that we won't be seeing Mortal Kombat minimates. So the big question now is what is the new license that we will be seeing? I'm hoping for He-man and She-ra minimates. Even cooler would be Silverhawks, Thundercats, and Tiger Sharks minimates. The Thundercats minimates are my favorite minimates and there are a ton more characters they can make for that line. I think Zach said that they would be announced at the end of February if I remember correctly. Also G.I. Joe has made a big comeback with the 6 inch Classified line. Those would be cool but from his comment about the new line I don't think it would be them.

5 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Asked and answered. Happy not to have more blind bags in the Minimates line, though.

We never really did have Minimate blind bags though did we ?   I detest the whole concept of 'mystery ' packed toys but with Minimates there was almost no mystery in defining which Minimate bags held the mystery figures . Feel the bags ,know the figure. Who knew?   I note with great interest that D-formz mystery figures are bagged & boxed .

Boxed ,blind bagged toys ,at least, give the customer a modicum of security in that they may have a chance that their purchase is indeed random. 

Mortal Kombat minimates would have been nice but I've never been sure about video-game themed 'mates .

• MisterPL changed the title to Mortal Kombat and Mystery Property Speculation!
13 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

It sucks that we won't be seeing Mortal Kombat minimates. So the big question now is what is the new license that we will be seeing?

Since it's an umbrella license with a variety of properties, I'm leaning toward King Features Syndicate (Flash Gordon, Phantom, Popeye) but hoping for Hanna-Barbera (Jonny Quest, Scooby-Doo, Herculoids, Blue Falcon, Birdman, Space Ghost).

I guess it depends on what the implications are. Zach said in the interview that “lots of people have been asking for a long time,” does he mean the Minimates collector market or general audiences? 

It’s not gonna happen, but I really hope for a general Nintendo license. I think the Lego Mario sets might get in the way of that. But I do think it’s gonna be a big license, the way Zach has been hyping it up and keeping secrets (or maybe it’s my blind optimism, who knows)

Edited by Smashmaster12

The only thing people have been consistently asking for for a long time is DC. 

besides that we have asked for basically anything and everything under then sun except for John Wick and Jackie Chan as evidenced by the cancellations.

It actually would be the most DST thing ever to announce Buffy Mates this week but I still think it’s DC related

Edited by thereasonsy

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

The only thing people have been consistently asking for for a long time is DC. 

besides that we have asked for basically anything and everything under then sun except for John Wick and Jackie Chan as evidenced by the cancellations.

It actually would be the most DST thing ever to announce Buffy Mates this week but I still think it’s DC related

Did I completely miss a cancelled Jackie Chan line? Or do you mean Bruce Lee?

PS DC mates coming back would be cool.

Edited by cylonchaney

• 9 months later...

ever since i read about 6packs being the DST’s new direction, i keep thinking of teams that would work for stuff i’d like to see. for MK we could get two sets from the first two games

liu kang, raiden, sonya, jax, kung lao, johnny cage

scorpion, sub-zero, baraka, kano, shang tsung, reptile

and then maybe exclusive two pack with goro and shao kahn

imagine the lil minimate skull + spine accessory 

Edited by minifigvig