UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wandavision rumor

Mattallica

Remember that Iron Man 10-pack we got as an exclusive? This seems like the perfect time to bring that format back!

B&W Wanda and Vision, Halloween Wanda and Vision, Final Looks Wanda and Vision, Monica, Agnes, Darcy, and Woo.

TBH, I haven't seen the show yet, but from what I know, this would seem like a good assortment and would mirror what POP! was able to offer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Remember that Iron Man 10-pack we got as an exclusive? This seems like the perfect time to bring that format back!

B&W Wanda and Vision, Halloween Wanda and Vision, Final Looks Wanda and Vision, Monica, Agnes, Darcy, and Woo.

TBH, I haven't seen the show yet, but from what I know, this would seem like a good assortment and would mirror what POP! was able to offer.

I have to disagree, for me except for the final character costume designs nearly everything else is a very very easy pass.

Agatha Final Costume. Yes

Scarlet Witch Final Costume. Yes

Vision and White Vision. Yes

Darcy, Woo and any other civilian character. Nope, I'm sure there's ppl on this board who know the in and out of how stuff has sold but plain civilian looking figures always have struck me as a non seller or the figures that get proposed but never made.

Any BW civilan look. The same as the above but even more more no.

Halloween costume. Outside of the Scarlet Witch which could pass as a classic costume the other Halloween ones really are Vision and Quicksilver.

Vision. No, even though its basicly his classic look and I would love a none phasing classic Vision the Halloween style in the series would just look janky and out of place to me because of the little things like head diamond at an angle, sneakers/trainers and the boxer shorts. Same with Quicksilver just parts of the design to show its home-made would really standout next to other figures.

The Funko's look nice and cute but I cant see the designs crossing over well to Minimates in the end. If I owned say a boxset of WandaVision I wouldn't want to display it next to a BW Minimate  or Funko of a synthazoid in a cardigan and a woman in a apron. It would be designs based on the final episode that would get shelf space.

I haven't seen the show but the reviews are very good.

Regards a 'Wandavision' two pack ?  It still might happen .

Regards both characters as Minimates , Wanda has been portrayed 5 times , 2 of them are amongst the worst Marvel Minimates ever made . Vision has had enough versions IMHO & it is perhaps because I dislike Bettany's portrayal of the Vision that I dislike all the movie versions , they're nice Minimates but they don't hit the spot with me . 

BTW I struggled to get my fix of the SDCC 2016 versions, they were initially tough (for me) although I'm now covered. Despite my comments above I liked that set & the fact that it exists is perhaps why we are not getting a  'Wandavision' pair...too similar?

"Never say never!" ?

A 10-pack wouldn't be a bad way to offer characters from the series all at once in a higher price point more attractive to retailers. It could offer key characters for the uninitiated, alternate/new versions for veterans, and the kind of obscure supporting characters the brand in known for offering.

13 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

BTW I struggled to get my fix of the SDCC 2016 versions, they were initially tough (for me) although I'm now covered. Despite my comments above I liked that set & the fact that it exists is perhaps why we are not getting a  'Wandavision' pair...too similar?

I thought the problem with the Vision from that set was that he never appeared in that outfit in the film. Which is a risk manufacturers run when they rely on information from an unfinished film. In this case, DST could gauge interest AFTER the fact.
Personally, I'd just as soon make my own civilian versions of my favorite heroes thanks to the mix & match play pattern of the figures so my 10-pack might look more like:

• Wanda (Halloween)
  • Vision (Halloween)
  • Pietro (Halloween)
  • Billy (Halloween)
  • Tommy (Halloween)
  • Wanda (Final)
  • Vision (Final)
  • Agatha (Final)
  • Monica (Final)
  • Jimmy (Final)

But if DST also wants to put out a Valentine's Day 2-pack with a black & white Wanda & Vision, I'm down with that.

In my daily ebay trawl I noted the Cosbaby version of the Wandavision Halloween pre-sale Witch . Like I said above I haven't seen the show but I was more than surprised  irritated to see that the colour scheme of Wanda's leg apparel looks identical to that of the earliest Minimate version .   Maybe it's me ??

7 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

In my daily ebay trawl I noted the Cosbaby version of the Wandavision Halloween pre-sale Witch . Like I said above I haven't seen the show but I was more than surprised  irritated to see that the colour scheme of Wanda's leg apparel looks identical to that of the earliest Minimate version .   Maybe it's me ??

It's authentic. Kinda like how this MCU costume of Captain America was right out of the comics.