UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wandavision rumor

Mattallica

I think I remember hearing about this. As far as I know, Marvel Minimates sales in the UK have never been strong enough to justify the significant cost of the strict UK testing. Not to mention the additional licensing fees to add the UK as a territory. If those were not issues, Diamond Comics has a UK division that can distribute there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2008 I was 53 years of age,semi-retired & looking for a project,not 12 years old & dreaming of opening a little toy-store 

CE testing was not an obstacle to anybody wanting to distribute Minimates in the UK or in fact the entire EU , the trade area that the CE testing is required for.   

As far as I know Marvel Minimates sales in the US weren't particularly strong in the US at that time either ..... & it is so easy to forget that Marvel merchandise boomed after the release of Iron Man in 2008 & snowballed thereafter.

Most LCS Walking Dead packaging (2012 onwards) bear a CE mark yet I know of no major outlet in the UK that actually sold them ? If I apply the logic that CE testing is an 'unjustifiable significant cost' why did DST waste their money on it.

Vinimates are sporadically available for sale in the UK, None of them bear a CE mark

CE testing is & was a red herring .

Anyway that's all history neither of us will know what could have been! :thumbsup:

Let's face it. There's one reason this didn't happen. Chuck did not want to have the following conversation.

Shareholders: So Chuck, how is it that this new UK distributor is selling out all of the product we ship him and at the same time our US sales have dropped by 60%?

Chuck: You don't understand. It's this guy bhm. He used to buy from the US. He's the new distributor. He just keeps them all for himself like Smaug hoarding gold. He's distributing them to himself! Don't you see?

Shareholders: Do you actually expect us to believe such a preposterous story? You're fired!

Please note that in the story above, Chuck is played by Kurtwood Smith as Clarence Bodiker.

Also, bhm is much more generous with his hoard than a dragon.

Edited by cylonchaney

First of all , for the umpteenth time I have derailed a thread , I am genuinely sorry .

I have read nigh on everything that Google can offer me on Wandavision Minimates & TBQH anything that I could have added here would have spoilt what I genuinely feel could happen .

There is a real irony regarding my 'Smaugness' , I can honestly say that over the years I have tried to play down what I actually have in regards to Minimates. I have lapsed occasionally ,notably the 'Pictures you do want to see ' thread but I have always considered it inappropriate to crow about the stuff that I have.  That is about to change .

12 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I have lapsed occasionally ,notably the 'Pictures you do want to see ' thread but I have always considered it inappropriate to crow about the stuff that I have.  That is about to change .

Ohhhhh I am ready for this!

9 hours ago, nandoninny said:

so i'm blown away by the show but i'm not sure what 4 minimates i'd pick from the show (4 being the number of figures we got from Falcon and Winter Soldier).  

so back to what Zach was teasing for this friday -- anyone have any guesses (or hints)?

It's not going to be a marvel property 

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 8 spoilers:

Spoiler

with the end credits finally giving us the MCU version of the all-white Vision, I'm longing all the more for a minimate of his 'Vision Quest' look. And while we're at it, an updated release of his classic look. The original is looking pretty dated

It would be great to have some classic comic tie-in 'mates inspired by what this show has introduced

36 minutes ago, Donny B said:

Episode 8 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

with the end credits finally giving us the MCU version of the all-white Vision, I'm longing all the more for a minimate of his 'Vision Quest' look. And while we're at it, an updated release of his classic look. The original is looking pretty dated

It would be great to have some classic comic tie-in 'mates inspired by what this show has introduced

I have loved this entire series. Shame there’s no minimates but then again that SDCC  exclusive pack was a peg warmer around me so maybe that’s why.

So with the show officially ended, are we DEFINITELY NOT getting Minimates? Because White Vision, Final Battle Wanda suit, Quicksilver costume Evan Peters, and Agetha or Monica would be a great 4 pack

Honestly, with the Halloween costumes, there's an entire assortment here. Back in the day DST would have even offered up Jimmy.

But, yeah, after seeing the finale, I'm fully expecting to see certain designs in the next Doctor Strange movie. Hopefully that flick gets some Minimates love. Sadly, there are no guarantees.

The stages of watching Wandavision

Stage 1. Err WTH... (First 2 episodes)

Stage 2. Hmm OK, I'm getting into the groove.. (3rd Episode)

Stage 3. Ah Ha!... (Episode 4...Especially for anyone without the comic knowledge to know what the series is drawing from)

Stage 4. Its Friday, Sod international time-zones i want my TV episode. Oi Disney wake up yer slackers! (Episodes 5-8)

Stage 5. We now return you to you regularly scheduled MCU (Episode 9 for the ppl who only watch the MCU movies and have no grasp on the source material or are not interested in the comic history. The Punchy stuff!)

side note The final Wanda costume. Well Hello Nurse!

and I could see figures taken from the final episode looking good as minimates.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

6 hours ago, PrinceCuseCuse said:

So with the show officially ended, are we DEFINITELY NOT getting Minimates? 

What's the DST usual spiel? Never say never? These would be great but sadly I think we'd have seen something by now, especially given how long FATWS sets have been out. And there is no precedence for retroactively making corresponding sets for the films, so I think we're SOL on this one. Bummer.

I would still love a generalized "Disney+" assortment to encompass all the series coming our way- just titular characters, new looks, villains, etc. We definitely don't need all the side characters like Darcy, Woo, or even Ralph Bohner. Some are better than none, and sadly I think most of the shows are not going to get anything. 

I’d imagine we will get Wanda in a Dr Strange 2, 2-pack wave, down the line. I honestly still don’t blame DST For not making these before the show aired but maybe we will get some down the line. 

Given how difficult it's been to time the release of the product with the movies/shows, can you imagine getting episode 9 Wanda and Vision months before series aired?

Personally, I'd prefer to wait. As much as DST (and retailers) like to strike while the iron is hot, there's much more risk and potential disappointment when trying to anticipate which characters will be in demand. As cute as a 1950's sitcom Wanda & Vision might be for a Valentine's Day release, collectors would be pretty upset if DST never got around to offering them in their final costumes.