UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wandavision rumor

Mattallica

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Googled the Mock-Ups to see the spoiler image. If [REDACTED] looks anything like that image in the series its alot closer to 616 style then I would have guessed they would have gone for straight out the gate.

Yes I know the mock ups aren't real but anyone who knows the stories they are touching on in Wandavision then [REDACTED] wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

9 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Let me rephrase. 

These are not a DST product. I have been told this. 

There are no Wandavision MM on the schedule. Sometimes I learn about exclusive product after it is sold, but in this case there is nothing. The next Disney+ show to get MM is F+WS.

i assume you means the ones that have already dropped?

Episode 5 was WoW lots of info about it before broadcast but still it was a shout at the TV screen moment.

I have lots of ppl I know that watch and have watched the MCU stuff and enjoy it, but Wandavision is a slog if you dont know the marvel stories. Hopefully its starting to make sense to them now.

20 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

But we are looking at some website exclusives.

I'm not pleased with what I am about to say but..... WTF else is there left that minimates could actually be sold? 

Time & time again I think back to that now almost infamous DST podcast from 'not that long ago' where it was conceded that it was contrived that lowly collector fan boys would endlessly hunt here, there & everyfuckingwhere to get there fix.

Personally I'm tired of it & I don't think I'm alone.  

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm not pleased with what I am about to say but..... WTF else is there left that minimates could actually be sold? 

Time & time again I think back to that now almost infamous DST podcast from 'not that long ago' where it was conceded that it was contrived that lowly collector fan boys would endlessly hunt here, there & everyfuckingwhere to get there fix.

Personally I'm tired of it & I don't think I'm alone

Wait, what? Why are you not happy that we might offer Minimates on our website? I know you ordered Vinimates from our old website, this time you can have them shipped right to you, for less money. 

And I don't know what podcast we said people would... NOT go everywhere to buy Minimates? I'm actually not sure what you're saying there. This is a way to get MM to customers without relying on retailer orders. We're trying to get then to customers in any way possible.

I'm happy to see any new Minimate being offered anywhere . Regards having them shipped right to me (in the UK) for less money ? Whilst the DST site Vinimates were amongst the cheapest I have ever bought ,it was only economical to send them to a US surrogate. That's not DST's fault, that's the way it is. 

I'll sidestep the podcast because you weren't involved ,in fact I'll say it right here that I know you're between a rock & a hard place on this forum, the damage was done way before you got here.  

It's the word 'exclusive' that irritates me ,always has.  Hopefully these will be exclusives that people can actually buy ,there have been far too many exclusives that have basically excluded collectors unable to find them .

Imagine being able to log on to a website ,choose what you want to buy & then buy it & get it sent to you?  What a great idea. 

4 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Will it be possible to order the specialty sets as well as the exclusives from your site, bypassing retail completely?

Box sets, yes, eventually. We're still setting up pre-orders on the site, so you may not be able to do that this month, but I assume Luke will carry the new set. Two-packs I'm working on, but again, Luke.

15 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm happy to see any new Minimate being offered anywhere . Regards having them shipped right to me (in the UK) for less money ? Whilst the DST site Vinimates were amongst the cheapest I have ever bought ,it was only economical to send them to a US surrogate. That's not DST's fault, that's the way it is. 

The old site didn't ship internationally at all, so...

I'll sidestep the podcast because you weren't involved ,in fact I'll say it right here that I know you're between a rock & a hard place on this forum, the damage was done way before you got here.  

If people are holding stuff against DST that was said over 10 years ago, I clearly have never had a chance.

It's the word 'exclusive' that irritates me ,always has.  Hopefully these will be exclusives that people can actually buy ,there have been far too many exclusives that have basically excluded collectors unable to find them .

I understand the Walgreens frustration, especially for international customers. But this would be an exclusive that doesn't exclude anybody, unless they don't have a credit card. And it's not even approved yet.

Imagine being able to log on to a website ,choose what you want to buy & then buy it & get it sent to you?  What a great idea. 

That's the idea!

Edited by DSTZach

Dearest Zach,

I once travelled nearly 5.5K miles to engage with DST face to face at SDCC about (me) distributing Minimates in the UK . I spoke with Chuck & Diamond , both conversations lasted lasted less than 5 minutes combined. 

DiSnteresT doesn't even come close. 

I'm smiling as I type so trust me when I say that I remember ,I recall ,but I don't harbour any ill-feelings towards anybody at DST ...if I did.. I wouldn't buy their products. 

That was 2008 ,I remained a collector but I have always taken a healthy interest in the directions that the Minimate management have taken the Minimate line . 

Regards "not having a chance" .. I know the feeling .

I have almost eternally given my opinion that promos /variants/give-aways /mail-aways/ blind-bagged 'random' chase/secrets  exclude potential collectors ,exclusive is actually a befitting moniker .  Let's have a few inclusives , Minimates that include the fans, the collectors.

....& am I harbouring ill-feelings because I can't get hold of the excluders ?  :no:  I might not be an expert at selling minimates but when it comes to collecting minimates I have few rivals  &  I get (more than) by with a little help from my friends.  Whatever DST has thrown at me regarding obstacles to collecting Minimates I have overcome , I am supremely capable of begging, borrowing ,cajoling & stealing if absolutely necessary:thumbsup:    

As we go forward I look forward to Minimates that are readily available to all .