UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Multiverse Promo C2E2 2014

Zach I got your package today and couldn't be happier.  Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to get them into our hands. And I already stuck him in a photo, check it out:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKj8BbfAbpY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

[Excuse the link and not an embed image.  It seems to be beyond my meager coding skills to figure it out]

Edited by funkguerilla

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2014 , it seems like yesterday !

C2E2 2014 was the pinnacle time for my minimate collecting . Regards Minimates , collecting them is my bag , I 'just' collect them .

However ,that particular minimate brings back memories, good memories, cherished memories.

Enjoy yours funkguerilla, you are very deserving of this brilliant 'mate . 

That was a blast to get those (this mate) "in person" that year at C2E2. Insert shameless self promotion of my stop motion video:

The new announcement intrigues me.

Could an "archive" section be added to the new site, @DSTZach? So folks could see what has come out in the past?

And how the frack do we get LukesToyStore and the Multiverse higher on that Minimate search result page!?!?!?!?

BHM, a hat tip to you sir.  I agree that the span between 2010 and like 2015 was peak minimate; fingers crossed we get to that peak again.

Onyx, that's a wonderful celebration of your library disguised as a great minimate commercial.  Looks like it took forever to do.  Great work!

4 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

That was a blast to get those (this mate) "in person" that year at C2E2. Insert shameless self promotion of my stop motion video:

The new announcement intrigues me.

Could an "archive" section be added to the new site, @DSTZach? So folks could see what has come out in the past?

And how the frack do we get LukesToyStore and the Multiverse higher on that Minimate search result page!?!?!?!?

Wow. How many individual photos did you have to take to make that? How long did it take to put together? I'm guessing you put quite a bit of work into it.

Yeah, that video was a work project that took upwards of 20 hours to put together. I can't really tell you how many individual photos it was, actually it appears to be 971 frames. I had areas of the library taped off so I could recreate the same shot on a different days. Definitely a labor of love.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:03 PM, DSTZach said:

Shipped the MMMV and GB promos today. 

And the crazy comes from the launch of the new DST website (check it out), a slight change to my official responsibilities, and planning an alternative to the traditional (and cancelled) Toy Fair.

But there is an announcement coming that will be exciting for MM collectors. It got slightly delayed, but I think we're looking at late Feb.

Hey Zach, I got an email saying that I earned gems from the site. Is this legit? I didn't think I had created an account on the new site yet. 

What changes to your official responsibilities? Are you now the brand ambassador? Do'er of things? Congrats (hopefully).

Please let it be Star Wars!!! I am in for cases of Star Wars products! Or Arrowverse, finally.

Edited by Onyx_6
repeated myself

Still amazed by that video, Onyx. 

Not sure why you would have gotten the Gems e-mail if you didn't have an account on the new site -- unless they finally ported over the old customers and gave everyone Gems, which are like points. IN which case, congratulations! I need ot find out how Gems work. If you earn enough, they can be redeemed for store credit, I believe. 

And my new job is kind of like a brand ambassador, in that I am more proactively reaching out to other potential brand ambassadors, and getting them to do stuff with our products. It was part of my old job, but I no longer run the old web store, or post on all our social media, so I can focus on it more. I still do message boards (I think? Oh, well) and copywriting. 

And it is not Star Wars, but it is a license I have seen some great customs of, as well as a license I dont think I've EVER seen customs of. And there may be more lines springing from this, it is kind of a blanket license. 

• 7 months later...

I'm back here after a very interesting year to find a very interesting thread I forgot about, one which was very different from the purpose for which it was originally created. The new webstore is still a work in progress, as not EVERYTHING is up for pre-order yet (TF and Joe MM, for example), and while there is now a Minimates product category, Series 80 is still not listed there, although it IS in the new warehouse. I will poke them to see if we can list the TF and Joe MM, as well as Series 80.

But on another note, I found two more MMMV Minimate blanks! Since there were only a couple of non-winners last time, I am opening it up to all, so if you do not have one (scout's honor), and you want one, sound off below! 

pack1245bk_lg.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

I'd love to throw my hat in the ring, all the way from Australia, the world's kidney as (perhaps accurately?) indicated on the 'mate :P 

(not to worry about me being in the Great Southern Land in the event I'm one of those lucky folks drawn Zach, I maintain a US address for mail forwarding at my own expense)

I want to say I have one of these and I put it in my top five favorite Minimates I own.

Congratulations on the two of you who will be getting one.  I would love another but I also don't want to be greedy.