UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Multiverse Promo C2E2 2014

Hope everyone is having a happy new year so far. Exciting news coming up in the next couple of months. To stoke the flames, I found three MInimate Multiverse Promo blanks. If you DON'T HAVE ONE -- honor system, kids -- post that you want one below, and I will send it out to you. 

Hail Ivan!

fig2005flg.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I mean we did have the first breach of the US Capitol in 1over 200 years in the middle of a plague. Crazy is reasonable. 

... though I personally am hoping your crazy has something to do with an upcoming massive announcement of new Minimates. That’d be fun. 

Shipped the MMMV and GB promos today. 

And the crazy comes from the launch of the new DST website (check it out), a slight change to my official responsibilities, and planning an alternative to the traditional (and cancelled) Toy Fair.

But there is an announcement coming that will be exciting for MM collectors. It got slightly delayed, but I think we're looking at late Feb.

The new site looks nice, but the fact there are absolutely zero references to Minimates anywhere that I can see is not encouraging.  Even when searching for "Minimates", there are no results.

Marvel Products:

- Action Figures (only Select)

- Busts

- Legends in 3-Dimensions

- Statues

Maybe the good news for MM collectors is that Diamond sold the brand to Funko or Super7.

xo6yU1W.jpeg

Edited by youbastards

4 hours ago, youbastards said:

The new site looks nice, but the fact there are absolutely zero references to Minimates anywhere that I can see is not encouraging.  Even when searching for "Minimates", there are no results.

Marvel Products:

- Action Figures (only Select)

- Busts

- Legends in 3-Dimensions

- Statues

Maybe the good news for MM collectors is that Diamond sold the brand to Funko or Super7.

xo6yU1W.jpeg

I'm floored. ?

About ducking time. It does look like a food site though. Not sure if it is ADA compatible but it definitely looks better in mobile. 

I’m not completely disheartened since it seems like a soft rollout and they don’t really have anything “on sale” Minimates wise if you think about it. Series 80 was preordered a while ago and Series 81/82 haven’t gone up for preorder. The other Minimates that are available are exclusive to Walgreens. I wouldn’t read too much into it until wave 81 goes up for preorder and we don’t see anything there. 

We have not sold the brand.

The site is only what is in stock in the new warehouse, which is part of the site change -- pre-ordering will come later. Pretty sure Marvel 79 is sold out, and even when 80 is out I am not sure we will bring any over, as people rarely buy cases online and we have not yet figured out the best way to offer sets under the new system. 

The next MM line we offer will be box sets, and I will push to make sure they are sent to the new warehouse Maybe I can even push for a Marvel set as a test for the new website, but we'll see.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:03 PM, DSTZach said:

And the crazy comes from the launch of the new DST website (check it out), a slight change to my official responsibilities, and planning an alternative to the traditional (and cancelled) Toy Fair.

But there is an announcement coming that will be exciting for MM collectors. It got slightly delayed, but I think we're looking at late Feb.

great, now i'll be checking the site every five minutes till then.  ;)

awesome!

So your web site is going to only list in stock product (and eventually pre-orders) going forward?

A thought for you, I came across the Cylon that is my avatar photo, in a counter display at a random store years ago. These were the only minimates in the store. I picked it up on a whim because it was cute and I like Cylons. After having it on my desk for a while, it occurred to me that maybe they make other figures. So I went to the DST web site and discovered a large number of Marvel figures as well as Trek that was on the way. I was over to my local LCS that day to order a case of Trek mates. Since then my collection has grown to over 1000 minimates.

If the same thing happened today, I might think DST does not make minimates anymore, or that my find was a one and done, and that might end up with just the one.

How is a new collector to find out about the line, its history, and its future today?

I just googled "minimates".  Results in order: wikipedia, Amazon, Bigbadtoystore, Walmart, DST.

The DST link takes me to a shipping dates page with no minimates and no link to any information on them.

Please tell me I'm over-reacting and missing tons of marketing and information that exists elsewhere.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:03 PM, DSTZach said:

got mine today!!!  thank you so much!

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

So your web site is going to only list in stock product (and eventually pre-orders) going forward?

AS opposed to a lot of old listings that are no longer for sale, like the old site? Correct.

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

How is a new collector to find out about the line, its history, and its future today?

I just googled "minimates".  Results in order: wikipedia, Amazon, Bigbadtoystore, Walmart, DST.

The DST link takes me to a shipping dates page with no minimates and no link to any information on them.

Please tell me I'm over-reacting and missing tons of marketing and information that exists elsewhere.

I got a different result when I googled MInimates. THis is my front page:

1. Amazon - 200+ Minimates listings for sale, not counting air purifiers

2. Wikipedia - an informative page with links to MMDB, MMMV, MM Central, and a few dead links we should probably clean up.

3. Ent Earth - Store with a variety of older MM in stock, plus pre-orders for the new wave

4. eBay - 14,000 listings

5. BBTS - the new series and a couple of box sets

6. Minimates Central - reviews of MInimates

7. Walmart.com - 300+ listings

8. Luke's Toy Store - the best of the best

9. Luke's Toy Store - "What are Minimates?" page and video

While none of those are OUR sites, and I do kinda miss Minimates.com as a resource, I think a Google search works out pretty well for the Minimates-curious. Hopefully Minimates will have a category (and a listing) on our website by the end of next month.