UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman Costume (thoughts?)

MiniFiend UK

So marvel have revealed Spidey is getting a new costume in 2021. what are ppls first impressions on it?

ASM2018062_VAR.jpg

For me not a big fan if they wanted to have a Hi-Tech suit the Parker industries works fine. I understand a new suit drums up interest in the comic and in the end the suit will not be permanent so nothing to get really annoyed about.

It feels more like a team suit like the future foundation one, not really a stand alone Spider suit.

I wonder what color it's supposed to be.

Like, the original was black and red. As with Batman's black cape and cowl the highlights were colored blue. Over time the Batsuit became blue and grey. So I'm wondering if this new Spider-suit is supposed to be black and grey or blue and silver. 

Can't say I'm a fan of the lighted aspects. Sure, it's visually interesting but do even radioactive spiders glow in the dark? And wouldn't that ruin any element of surprise when villains notice this luminescent logo lurking in the shadows? Do the bulkier web-shooters mean even more web fluid?

Yes, I'd add a Minimate of it to my collection. ?

Very much dislike.  And not for the standard, "Not muh spider-man" reasons, but because it's very cold, too busy, and doesn't look like Spider-Man.  It looks like the second 2099 suit and the Big Time suit (the black and green one) got thrown in a blender and this thing came out.

I give it six months before we're back to the traditional red and blues. 

funkguerilla’s blender assessment is spot on ?

I kinda like it but not as a Spidey suit. But still, I always enjoy it when he gets a fresh look. Even with the weird alien vibe the mask is giving off...

I’d definitely be down for a mate of this design

I’m excited for it to become his new villain next year. 

but honestly I think it looks pretty dumb. But maybe it’ll be an excuse to get a two pack with a new Mr Negative or Scorpion or something so... sure. Why not.