UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MCU Centric releases

bofox

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just read the latest ASKDST -- makes me think there are no Eternals minimates.  

Chad P.,

Are you guys making any figures based off of the new Eternals movie coming up?

DSTChuck: I am sorry but we do not have any product planned at this time.

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/blog/ask-dst-432-marvel-muppets-invincible-and-more/

Edited by nandoninny

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I’m not surprised. The Eternals has all the vibe of the second coming of The Inhumans, which was an unwatchable train wreck thanks to Marvel turning the project over to Ike Perlmutter. 

That said, I’d have bought the Minimates. 

the marvel movies is my main focus for minimates so i would have too.......
but after no Shang Chi i kinda figured this would be the case.  

i think whenever BLADE comes out that's the one i will cry if it doesn't get any minimates made

6 hours ago, Mattallica said:

is anyone really surprised that DST isnt making minimates for   (fill in movie/tv show or game here)?

At this point, no. I think it's just sad to look back in a hindsight and see properties like Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron get such elaborate assortments and then to compare to the dwindling down we've had recently. Curious what the future may bring with things like the SDCC Avengers pack dropping, but the days of at least something for a film are long gone. 

God Age of Ultron was such a golden age of MCU minimates. I don’t think anyone who mattered got skipped. When the biggest possible complaint is that “Hawkeye’s Wife and Maria Hill got skipped” you really did nail it. 

Not gonna lie, without any new MCU mates coming I feel like I’ve lost something I held very near and dear to me. The MCU is what brought me into collecting minimates, and it opened my eyes to all that minimates had to offer. It hurt when Far From Home got skipped but I was okay knowing Black Widow and TFATWS were on the way. Skipping Wandavision, Loki, and now confirmation of skipping Shang Chi AND the Eternals just about does it for me. Assuming they’ll skip No Way Home, it appears as though MCU mates are a thing of the past. 

yeah, i wouldn't give up just yet.  you never know.  a year ago it was 'we will never revisit old movies' and now we're getting the avengers box set and logan/deadpool.

so you never know what's around the corner.

i'm with you that the mcu mates are what got me hardcore into minimates so i need to tell myself this

i'm still hoping for a final battle whiplash minimate

Edited by nandoninny

• 4 months later...

I would love to see minimates from Spiderman no way home! It'd be cool cuz we'd be able to get characters like Doc Ock and Green Goblin to fill in spaces from the original Spiderman films. But if we havent heard anything by now than i doubt we'd probably see them. Custom minimate time?

21 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Any chance of comic-based tie-ins, like the last Spidey movie got? Or is the next comic wave after the F4 too far off for that to be a consideration?

Wave 83 is a ways off, so it certainly wouldn't line up, but a Spidey wave is not out of the question. That said, we just did Maximum Carnage, and I think we're leaning in a different direction for 83. But who knows!

4 hours ago, nandoninny said:

thank you for confirming.

think we're done with marvel movie mates for a while?

Never say never! The SDCC set was a surprise (or will be, once it arrives), so more movie MM are possible, but none are currently planned that I am aware of.