UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MCU Centric releases

bofox

Figured I'd start a thread solely for film and Disney+ releases seeing as we won't really go longer than 3 weeks without any new MCU content for the entire year (if these dates are mostly accurate):

WandaVision: 1/15 - 2/19

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: 3/19 - 4/23

Black Widow: 5/7

Loki(probably): 5/21 - 6/25

Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings: 7/9

What If...?: 7/16 - 9/17

Miss Marvel(probably): 9/24 - 10/29

The Eternals: 11/5

Hawkeye(probably): 11/12 - 12/17

Spider-Man 3: 12/17

Obviously we've already gotten two of these releases preemptively, hoping that DST can keep up for all these! 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What If...? is loaded with fun possibilities. I can see Walgreens jumping on that if their sales of animated Minimates warrant it.

While I'm sure the rest could get old-school, 8-figure assortments, it doesn't appear the market supports that these days. Hopefully it changes. Until then I wouldn't expect more than what we got for Black Widow

My goodness that is a lot of MCU.  Remember when it was crazy that we'd have two MCU movies a year?

Meanwhile, here's hoping for some 'MCU-inspired' waves for Specialty and mini MCU waves hitting Walgreens.  Also, Fingers crossed for a wild Spider-Verse inspired wave next fall with Morlun, Madam Web, Karn, Spider-Man, Spider-Man, and Spider-Man.  Feels like a layup for DST.

21 minutes ago, funkguerilla said:

Meanwhile, here's hoping for some 'MCU-inspired' waves for Specialty and mini MCU waves hitting Walgreens

Oh man, if there was just a general release wave for Disney+ that would be awesome. Much better chance of getting assortment from everything.

I’m a little bit on the side of Minifiend here especially since the streak is broken and Far From Home got skipped. 
Otherwise, a specialty boxset with Walgreens supplement wouldn’t be bad. It was a bit sparse for Endgame but I’m willing to bet DST wasn’t given the resources to really make something out of Endgame the way it deserved. 

On 12/13/2020 at 7:14 AM, Trekker 42 said:

I’m a little bit on the side of Minifiend here especially since the streak is broken and Far From Home got skipped. 
Otherwise, a specialty boxset with Walgreens supplement wouldn’t be bad. It was a bit sparse for Endgame but I’m willing to bet DST wasn’t given the resources to really make something out of Endgame the way it deserved. 

I’m one of the few that doesn’t care Far from home was skipped- especially after the Sony drama. 

For someone who insists he's a Spider-Man fan, Chuck has skipped an awful lot of popular Spider-Man properties.

No Spider-Man so no Green Goblin. No Spider-Man 2 so no Doc Ock. But, hey, we got Spider-Man 3 and the two Amazing entries, even if the villains were lackluster (Rhino!).

No Into the Spider-verse or Far From Home but we got comic-based substitutions.

Can you imagine a DC licensee half-assing it like this with Batman?

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

For someone who insists he's a Spider-Man fan, Chuck has skipped an awful lot of popular Spider-Man properties.

No Spider-Man so no Green Goblin. No Spider-Man 2 so no Doc Ock. But, hey, we got Spider-Man 3 and the two Amazing entries, even if the villains were lackluster (Rhino!).

I'm all for the ragging on DST, but to be fair, their were no minimate waves for the first two Raimi movies because there weren't minimates.  I mean, I suppose the line was getting started in 2004, but they were still figuring out how to make the line work.

To the rest of your point though, totally.  It does seem odd that Chuck skipped some of the latter movies, even though I prefer the waves we got to what would have been a boring looking and redundant MCU/animated wave.

While I understand that manufacturers and retailers prefer to stick with merchandising tie-ins to the most recent movies, that doesn't always end well and it seems they're finally figuring that out.

I'd still be up for an assortment of Minimates from the first two Raimi flicks. (Think "Best of".) And given the hype surrounding the MCU Spider-verse crossover, DST may be getting another chance at such an opportunity.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:55 PM, Trekker 42 said:

Having a gap just bothers me. Like they’d done so well getting every movie represented but then not only do they skip one they skip the one with some of the most fun designs of the entire series. 

Maybe I am being pig headed but I don’t see a wave from that movie. At most I see 2-Two packs and that is being generous. What would you have liked to see?

On 12/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, funkguerilla said:

I'm all for the ragging on DST, but to be fair, their were no minimate waves for the first two Raimi movies because there weren't minimates.  I mean, I suppose the line was getting started in 2004, but they were still figuring out how to make the line work.

To the rest of your point though, totally.  It does seem odd that Chuck skipped some of the latter movies, even though I prefer the waves we got to what would have been a boring looking and redundant MCU/animated wave.

I’m not interested in ever sticking up for DST or Chuck but I do think the right call was made as the only “uniques” would have been Night Monkey Spider-Man and a weird Molten Man. We hadn’t had an accessible comic Mysterio in years at that point nor any of the others that the spiritual wave included. Also I vaguely recall the license being an issue. Who knows. 

On 12/15/2020 at 3:19 PM, MisterPL said:

While I understand that manufacturers and retailers prefer to stick with merchandising tie-ins to the most recent movies, that doesn't always end well and it seems they're finally figuring that out.

I'd still be up for an assortment of Minimates from the first two Raimi flicks. (Think "Best of".) And given the hype surrounding the MCU Spider-verse crossover, DST may be getting another chance at such an opportunity.

I agree, this new movie may be the way to fill in the holes. Also outside of marvel, most of the successful lines of minimates have been decades old movies so fingers crossed!

Ah I would’ve been satisfied with a box set at the time considering they would’ve had to take spoilers into account. That set would’ve been

Advance Suit Spider-Man (parachute accessory)

Mysterio

MJ

Night Monkey

Now given that we’ve had some time to let the spoilers set in I could see a 3 2-pack wave coming from this

Advance Suit Spider-Man/MJ

Mysterio/Maria Hill (with Talos’s wife alt head)

MoCap Suit Mysterio (because ya damn right I want this variant SO badly)/Night Monkey

19 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

Ah I would’ve been satisfied with a box set at the time considering they would’ve had to take spoilers into account. That set would’ve been

Advance Suit Spider-Man (parachute accessory)

Mysterio

MJ

Night Monkey

Now given that we’ve had some time to let the spoilers set in I could see a 3 2-pack wave coming from this

Advance Suit Spider-Man/MJ

Mysterio/Maria Hill (with Talos’s wife alt head)

MoCap Suit Mysterio (because ya damn right I want this variant SO badly)/Night Monkey

Interesting. Maybe with they will do an approach that includes the skipped over parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Lego and Funko have leaked figure designs for Shang-Chi and the 10 rings. Google them if you are after info.

No spoilers from me but one is a character I wouldn't have guessed in a million years. I don't know if this character is known through the Shang-Chi history but I would buy a 616 design of them in a heartbeat and I do remember someone doing a custom years ago. I just checked my post history and I posted about this character and wanting a minimate in 2018, lol.